"High" School

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Soup4Rush wrote:here is the whole thing, I find myself as a parent with teenage kids so I am now on the flip side of this... my life has come full circle I guess, I used to go to the mall and pick up girls, now I go there to drop them off, that sorta thing.. anyway, what I mean is that I am not stupid, my kids are going to try sex, drugs, booze... most of us did.. I do not encourage it like t posted about, but if it happens, what can you really do about it. For me, it seems that all you can really do is talk to your kids and encourage them to make good choices, but you cannot go crazy and get all Adolf Hitler on them when they make a mistake due to a bad choice.

Oh yes, you absolutely can!!!! I am proof that a good ol fashion butt whoopin can change you from a wannabe dumb ass to a good person.

But not so much Hitler.

Unless it happens again, then the gloves come off. :twisted:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I got my share of whippings, but when it came down to it my mom supported me even after my stupid choices. And if it were E (or any other of my kids, I just say E cuz he's my 14 year old) I would help him through it, too. I love my kids.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Scoot and I have had some real good conversations about right and wrong, and the benefits and downfalls of either choice. I think she gets it, but I guess only time will tell.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That's the thing, time will tell.

No matter what she chooses, though, I know she will have you and Marnie behind her. :-)
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

You should have seen her face when I told her I would go to jail for whoopin her ass to keep her from becoming a wannabecriminaldumbass.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

:shock:

ROFLMBO
Onward and Upward!
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

Ever notice how most of the people who want drugs legalized are drug users? They just want them legalized so they won't get arrested.
Walkinghairball

T4EFAN wrote:Ever notice how most of the people who want drugs legalized are drug users? They just want them legalized so they won't get arrested.

Well, I am still not sold on the idea of widespread legalization, but some maybe. There would have to be serious guidelines and whatnot for most. Arrested comes with the dealio. BUT what I do in the privicies(sp) of MY HOUSE, is my binniz, as long as I am not hurting anyone. I realize I'm not most people too.

Good add AK. :-)
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

T4EFAN wrote:Ever notice how most of the people who want drugs legalized are drug users? They just want them legalized so they won't get arrested.
Duh. :razz:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
It would take away the criminal element...that's always a plus.
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:
It would take away the criminal element...that's always a plus.
Well... we could completely rid our streets of crime by legalizing crime too. ;) :-D

I think I've seen four different motives for drug legalization. Sure, the most prominent is that one who wants to get buzzed and doesn't want to have to worry about getting busted.

A second would be someone who stands to profit from it.

A third would be someone like Steven Covey who has worked with cancer parients for a long time and really wishes that MJ could be more readily available to them to ease their suffering diring the treatment.

The fourth would be a Libertarian activist who, whether he wants to get buzzed or not, is simply angered by government intrusion where he thinks it doesn't belong.
Last edited by ElfDude on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

You are the king of good, solid points, Elf. :-)
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Just stating the obvious.

*goes back to his hole*
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

ElfDude wrote:Just stating the obvious.

*goes back to his hole*
*pokes elf with a stick from the edge of the hole*
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

ow