President Obama

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Thanks Cygman, but I am sorry for my last post. It was not fair and it's not true. I guess I just let being pissed get the better of me. I had it under control for a while, but...well, sorry.
*hugs* We all have to blow off steam now and again. If you can't do that with friends, where can you do it?
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:Thanks Cygman, but I am sorry for my last post. It was not fair and it's not true. I guess I just let being pissed get the better of me. I had it under control for a while, but...well, sorry.
*hugs* We all have to blow off steam now and again. If you can't do that with friends, where can you do it?
TESTIFY! ((((((t))))))
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Don't let us down dude. I'll be impaled on a pike if you F up.

I still believe, all-in-all, that it will be a good, healthy, back to basics era. Possibly some true conservatism from a very unlikely source, or at least a seldom-seen balance of both worlds.

Good luck to us all. Thanks for still being my friends through all of this.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

^^^^

Standing beside you bro. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I'm here, too. Hoping and praying and on-we-go-ing! :-D
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

There we have it.
Wish I still had someone look at me this way. I think she's a good girl.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Does the Kevlar Number Come in a French Cuff?
Obama was wearing "bullet-resistant clothing." What's that?

By Juliet Lapidos
Posted Tuesday, Jan. 20, 2009, at 4:52 PM ET
Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president on Tuesday under tight security. He rode to the Capitol in an armored Cadillac limo, spoke behind a protective glass shield, and wore "bullet-resistant clothing." Is that the same thing as a bulletproof vest?

Not quite. The vests familiar from cop shows and news footage of SWAT teams are manufactured to be maximally effective with no consideration for how they might look under a dress shirt. It's unclear what brand of body armor Obama sported at the inauguration, but several companies produce discreet, thinner vests that can be worn underneath clothing, inserted into an outer layer (like a coat) or woven into a shirt. Miguel Caballero, a Colombian company, makes bullet-resistant leather jackets, polo shirts, Windbreakers, and ruffled tuxedo shirts, which range from a few hundred dollars to $7,000 in price. There is a trade-off between efficacy and subtlety since, as a rule, it's more expensive to manufacture thin-but-reliable vests and shirts.

No soft material can provide complete security against all types of bullets or multiple hits in the same place (which is why the term bulletproof is out of vogue), but the National Institute of Justice (the Department of Justice's research agency) has developed standards for determining to what extent a product is "resistant." Type IIA armor, for example, should protect against a 9 mm-caliber, full-metal-jacketed, round-nose bullet traveling at 373 meters per second. Type IIIA (the highest standard for a flexible, as opposed to a hard, material) protects against a 357 SIG flat-nose bullet fired at a velocity of 448 meters per second.

Does anyone blame him? I surely do not.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Blame him? NO WAY! With all the angry racists in this country who want him dead simply for presuming to lead our nation even though his skin is dark, nuh unh, don't blame him and would think something was amiss in his mind if he didn't take easily-effected measures to up his safety.
Walkinghairball

Ok, the swearing in.................................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did it seem to anyone like both BHO and the Justice wanted to get that over with too quickly??

Not a slam at all by any means, just because neither one of them would let the other finish before the other jumped the words.

I laughed and thought..."Come on guy's, breathe damnit!"
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

No, actually what happened was much funnier than that. Obama jumped in a little quick with "I, Barack Hussein Obama" when there was a few words before that to say, but The Justice flubbed the swearing-in text, even though he was reading it. You can see Obama smile big at the first mistake, and he gave the Justice a chance to correct it. When he got it wrong for the second time, Barack just barreled through it with the correct lines. I laughed hardily at that. The fact that BHO knew it by heart and was ready to deliver, but the Justice, reading it out, couldn't get it right. :-D

Gotta love live! :lol:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

They both got it wrong.

Obama got a frog in his throat, and the good judge forgot to read the whole oath.

What happened to "Against all enemies, foreign and domestic?"

huh? whaat?

That's a serious omission! He should have to TAKE IT AGAIN. :roll: :lol:

Like I said, it was the "Animal House" Delta frat oath...

Roberts: "I, state-yer-name...."

Obama: "I, state-yer-name...."
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Obama's Commander In Chief Ball (Video)

George Lopez, Singer Josh Groban start this session, followed by
Chris Tucker, and a performance by Smokey Robinson.

http://dodvclips.mil/index.jsp?fr_story ... 299&rf=rss
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

CygnusX1 wrote:They both got it wrong.

Obama got a frog in his throat, and the good judge forgot to read the whole oath.

What happened to "Against all enemies, foreign and domestic?"

huh? whaat?

That's a serious omission! He should have to TAKE IT AGAIN. :roll: :lol:

Like I said, it was the "Animal House" Delta frat oath...

Roberts: "I, state-yer-name...."

Obama: "I, state-yer-name...."
According to mine canuck newspaper he did exactly that last night.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

He's retaken the oath. I'm glad he did. I'd hate to see someone come out and file a lawsuit saying he isn't rightfully the president just because some words were not said in the correct order. :roll: But you know someone would!

I like how he quipped something about how much fun it was the first time they had to do it again. lol