Prop 8 Repurcussions

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I dunno, Xanny, I mean, how many people think Geddy looks like a girl, and you are quite hot for him! ;-)
Onward and Upward!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:razz: :razz: :razz:
We're all mad here!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

awip2062 wrote:Yes, let's allow them to rent from us, have jobs in our businesses, go about life without worrying about being beaten, but please, let's not call it marriage thus changing the definition of an institution that is older than any other.
I think that prostitution is the oldest institution. :-D

Why is everyone saying that marriage is so sacred and cherished. It's not as popular as divorce these days. Most everyone that I know that is married has more bad times than good. Best to stay happily unmarried.

And nature as opposed to choice? Nature is a bit over-rated. If you find another human that doesn't dis gust you and that you think can make you happy on a daily basis, who cares if they have twig and berries or velvet igloo? It's all wedding tackle. :lol:

I think that the gays have just as much right to be miserable and heart-broken as we straighties do. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Sir Myghin wrote:
Xanadu wrote:I am not even going to go there, does it occur in nature, don't know anything about it.

I can't see how there are people who are born and raised in conservative Christian homes that "choose" to be gay. People say "its a choice, but also that they find something about the same sex that attracts them" My question is, what IS it that attracts them then? Gee, I think I'll ask gays, and what they tell me is simply they are attracted sexually to the same sex and not the opposite sex. In other words, they ARE just gay. Starts like it does for strait people, as kids when they get to a certain age they have a crush on somebody but whoops its on a person of the same sex. uh oh. How can they choose that, seriously come on. I'm sure there is some kind of biological explanation for it, something that happens during their development, or just a pair of genes that get expressed a certain way I dunno, I'm not a scientist. But I do know that improper nutrition seriously affects development, and how your body functions. So perhaps gays have some kind of problem with how they developed in the womb because of their mother's health and diet...who knows, maybe its a fluke, who know...but at least they should be treated equally because its not their fault.
It may be an a choice that is heavily manipulated by how they are raised, a choice they may not even know they are making but have indeed made. There is 0 scientific evidence to prove that gays are born that way, it is just an excuse to fuel their outrageous claims. Any studies done on the matter ahve been torn apart due to the absolutely ridiculous assumptions made to complete them, but it is easy to get to publish a paper that looks promising on a hot topic. It is the peer reviews to follow that matter most. Like the one from the 80's claiming that gay men had a smaller hypothalamus, potentially causing it. It was a process of lets take these corpses with this sympton and assume this! hey lets publish it.

I think I have to take issue here.. I have never had any homsexual thoughts in my life. When I see a woman or I am with a woman, certain things happen with my body, things I cannot control.. When I see a man, these things do not happen.. Why is that? My thought process does not control what my body's natural reaction to a woman is. And furthermore, in a society where homosexuality is looked down upon, why would anyone want to bring disgrace to themselves by being a homosexual? and why do so many people struggle with thier own sexuality? You can do all the studies you want, but there is no way you will ever convince me that homosexuality is a choice..
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Why is everyone saying that marriage is so sacred and cherished. It's not as popular as divorce these days.
Many sacred things have been diminished, scorned, desecrated, and trod upon by men. That doesn't mean they aren't sacred.

Man, you guys have been busy. :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

ElfDude wrote:Many sacred things have been diminished, scorned, desecrated, and trod upon by men. That doesn't mean they aren't sacred.
So true. Everyone has a soul mate...not every one finds them in their first relationship or marriage...perhaps some never do. I think will find them when you are spiritually ready.
ElfDude wrote:Man, you guys have been busy. :-D
Yep :-D
We're all mad here!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote: Most everyone that I know that is married has more bad times than good. Best to stay happily unmarried.
I'll be married 30 years in 2010 with no regrets, and yes, there have
been hard times. However...

Relationships take WORK. There are no guarantees, and no free rides.

I'll respectfully disagree with your proposition, but I will submit that it
seems to be the status quo.
Don't start none...won't be none.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

This is criminal, and these selfish losers need to go to JAIL:

http://www.foxnews.com/

Click on "Gay Marriage Protest Invades Church" shown in
"Fox News Video" links on right of page...

Disgusting...Gays barge into a Michigan church to offer public displays
of same-sex affection, toss gay leaflets at the congregation, and,
in general, act like village idiots - begging for a well-earned police
beatdown.

Those people have no soul....or common sense for that matter.

Every one of 'em needs to be locked up.

That was illegal on every level imaginable... and now the CHURCH needs
security?

That's just great. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote: Most everyone that I know that is married has more bad times than good. Best to stay happily unmarried.
I'll be married 30 years in 2010 with no regrets,
Congratulations, man! You, Hairy and a few others seem to be the exceptions.

Gives a hopeless person a little bit of hope for the future.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
I'll be married 30 years in 2010 with no regrets,
Congratulations, man! You, Hairy and a few others seem to be the exceptions.

Gives a hopeless person a little bit of hope for the future.
Indeed what Cyg said, you only get out what you put in. Hence why so many marriages fail. It doesn't matter how much one side tries , when it requires full effort from both.

As for soulmates Xan, more people will use that as an excuse than anything, I don't believe in that crap (I tease the lady saying a guy friend of mine is my soulmate actually)

Cyg, Congrats on being married for so long, you are obviously some kind of superhuman.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sir Myghin wrote: (I tease the lady saying a guy friend of mine is my soulmate actually)
I know who you're talking about and you keep your hands off him! He's MINE! :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

:shock: *S N A R F* :lol: :lol: :lol:
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

As for soulmates Xan, more people will use that as an excuse than anything, I don't believe in that crap (I tease the lady saying a guy friend of mine is my soulmate actually)
I wasn't specifically talking about gays, just marriage in general. I am very very very spiritual and do believe in soulmates...you have many soul mates in a lifetime...and then there is "The" soul mate :-)
We're all mad here!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

And then she tears open your chest and devours your heart in one bloody gulp.

Homophobia is gay :lol: (Sign I saw at a rally on CNN.)
Last edited by Big Blue Owl on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:I'll be married 30 years in 2010 with no regrets, and yes, there have
been hard times. However...

Relationships take WORK. There are no guarantees, and no free rides.
Been 8 years here (12 total) as of yesterday. Amen to all of that.

We now return you to your thread already in progress. :cool: