Bipartisan stimulus proposal

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That is good news, BBO! I didn't expect to see any of the money come through anywhere this soon. If it is going to be spent (and, yes, I am still of the mind it would have been better for the govt not to do this) at least it is going, in this case, to good work.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Thanks, t! And there are over 800 other projects that will come to fruition and be stopped from disappearing in my state. We got very lucky somehow.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I wonder how they decided which states got monies and the projects to be supported.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

In our case, maybe John "Boner" made a good case for reconstruction. We do have some crap bridges and motorways. I also heard about many-miles-long bike lanes (which are sorely needed for better health and energy conservation - And I'd LOVE to be able to bike to work without getting killed.)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Just for giggles I am looking at projects in various places I have been. I looked at Neil's adopted home city and found that the total cost of all the projects submitted by Santa Monica is $14,475,000. All of the projects have something to do with the pier that he drove the Ghost Rider off at the end of his book.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Hey, that sounds like an interesting little project. I may check into that later this evening. Is WA getting any scratch to mend the scratches?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Washington is slated for 368 projects and Gregoire won't turn any money down.

As for bike lanes, they frustrate me. They are built in such a way that bikers usually ride just on the left of the left line delineating them, meaning that they tend to ride just outside of the lane. The reasons stated for their actions are that there tends to be too much gravel or other debris in the lanes to make it safe for them to ride and they have a right to be in the roadway.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Yeah, there are buttnuggets everywhere, even in bicycling. They ruin it for the rest of us (and Festivus!) :-)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Mmmmmmmmmmmm yes. I don't mind sharing the road with bikes, but they need to follow the same laws. If holding up a line of 5 vehicles is illegal for my van, it should be for a bicycle, too, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ugh....
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Glenn Beck brought up a good point last night...

"If democrats are accused of sponsoring 60% of the "earmarks" in the stimulus package...

***that Obama said "doesn't exist" at least three times...***

Doesn't that mean that republicans are sponsoring the OTHER 40 percent?"

I finally woke up last night. They're all liars.

We need to toss every one of 'em. This is bravo sierra.
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »