Marijuana and Taxes.

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Sir Myghin wrote:The high unregulation of allowing anyone to sell/grow is kind of shooting yourself in the foot too. But the fact they are trying to tote this as a deficit solution, I agree with Zep when saying, is utterly pathetic.

Cool............but, if, just if mind you, it is a deficit solution, and it works................everyone wins right???

Surely beats the deficit problem the US faces every day doesn't it???
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

As for myself, I believe there are much more responsible ways of taking care of the deficit problem. The first of which would be to stop spending money we do not have. In my personal finances, I practice that. Sure, there are times when I don't have what I want, but that's a harsh reality of life.

I just wish our elected officials would grow up, be responsible, and stop giving in to special interests simply because they would rather appease than do what is right.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

zepboy wrote:As for myself, I believe there are much more responsible ways of taking care of the deficit problem. The first of which would be to stop spending money we do not have. In my personal finances, I practice that. Sure, there are times when I don't have what I want, but that's a harsh reality of life.

I just wish our elected officials would grow up, be responsible, and stop giving in to special interests simply because they would rather appease than do what is right.
^^^^
Agreed.
This space for rent
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Aye, and taxing it isn't why it should be made legal...but that's been covered quite a bit.
We're all mad here!
Me

Post by Me »

zepboy wrote:As for myself, I believe there are much more responsible ways of taking care of the deficit problem. The first of which would be to stop spending money we do not have. In my personal finances, I practice that. Sure, there are times when I don't have what I want, but that's a harsh reality of life.

If that's the case then, tax the churches!
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

BAM! :lol:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :-D
We're all mad here!
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

An original by myself...

* disclaimer: Just written because of being spoonfed organized religion in a negative way as a child not meant to be offensive or belittle anyone's person beliefs. I'm a very spiritual person myself. That's all.

Soft light lays on fine lace
glowing in the gloom of the day.
Emotional darkness in this place
lost in bible boredom they pray.

Stone staring men and lady's perched
like dolls in rows of pews arranged.
Gods wrath flowing and lurched
onto children's dreams deranged.

Come join guilt's guild they say
the bible will show you the way!
Fear, faith and hell they preach.
Peace, love and joy they leech.

Children know to ask for truth
but loose their will along with youth.
Some grow to biblical proportions
and loose their selves to distortions.

Others will guard their hearts
and only feel love in small parts.
But there are those like we
who craw out from the sea.
We tear down all the steeples
and share love with all the peoples!
We're all mad here!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

You are a true talent, Xan. Now put that to music!
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:twisted:
We're all mad here!