WMD Lies

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:This will never make the mainstream. The majority of people will never hear of it.
Breitbart is also covering it now.

Heh, once a headline hits the Drudge Report, it spreads. :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

good points Elfie! :headbang:

For the record, the "expert" that spoke last night stated, that indeed, the mustard shells were probably dormant or degraded, but the sarin still had teeth....that rebukes the age issue...

I don't really care WHEN it was made...I'll betcha my last dollar the guys who destroy it are gonna suit up! what does THAT say?

THEY aren't gonna believe it's "degraded", and I wouldn't blame them one bit...
Don't start none...won't be none.
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

ElfDude wrote:The strongest argument against this story having any real meaning is that all of the caches were pre-1991 and were not ready to immediately be used in combat.
Right. This is just a re-announcement of stuff we already knew about. Even before the invasion, we were getting regular "we found 'em!!!!" false alarms - which brings this paragraph from the Faux News story into question:
The weapons are thought to be manufactured before 1991 so they would not be proof of an ongoing WMD program in the 1990s. But they do show that Saddam Hussein was lying when he said all weapons had been destroyed, and it shows that years of on-again, off-again weapons inspections did not uncover these munitions.
awip2062 wrote:This will never make the mainstream. The majority of people will never hear of it.
:? Fox "News" reporting the claims of two Republican senators is not mainstream?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

If you think for ONE SECOND that if some dirtbag extremist got their hands on one, and wouldn't want to deploy it (old or NOT, PRE-'91 or NOT), people:

you need a checkup-from-the-neck-up...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

When I say it isn't going to make the mainstream, I mean that it isn't going to go big and be a huge issue out there for all to read about in the various local papers and see on their local stations. I think this will be disregarded quickly and people will move away from it fast and few of the American populace will hear of it.
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I understand t, and I agree to an extent....but to quote Elfie:

"THEY JUST DON'T GET IT" :roll:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

"don't get it" is gonna be my next read....I hear it's pretty good...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Who wrote that?
Onward and Upward!
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

awip2062 wrote:When I say it isn't going to make the mainstream, I mean that it isn't going to go big and be a huge issue out there for all to read about in the various local papers and see on their local stations. I think this will be disregarded quickly and people will move away from it fast and few of the American populace will hear of it.
But it's not a big issue. It's a re-hash of stuff we already know about.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Devil's Advocate wrote:
awip2062 wrote:When I say it isn't going to make the mainstream, I mean that it isn't going to go big and be a huge issue out there for all to read about in the various local papers and see on their local stations. I think this will be disregarded quickly and people will move away from it fast and few of the American populace will hear of it.
But it's not a big issue. It's a re-hash of stuff we already know about.
We knew about it in 1991. As my Bush-hating retired-CIA contact is so fond of reminding me, by 1998 when the Clinton administration was yelling about how we needed to stop Saddam and his WMD programs we really had no idea of what Iraq had and didn't have. Saddam was claiming he had complied with U.N. resolutions and destroyed all that stuff... that it just wasn't there. And the U.N. inspectors couldn't find it, so obviously he was telling the truth.

Our media has been reporting that since 2003 we have found nothing, that Bush lied about the whole WMD thing (even though he was still in Texas drinking Lonestars when the Clinton administration was saying the exact same things). The fact that it has now been declassified that since the invasion we've found 500 caches of illegal weapons, as opposed to zero, is indeed newsworthy.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

heryago t!

Colonel Hunt is STRAIGHT UP, and doesn't bullshit about it...

Can't wait to read myself...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »