Severe disappointment (spoiler!)

Here's your seat for the new tour. There may be, wait, there WILL be spoilers so if you don't want to know, don't go! So pull up a lawn chair and discuss...

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

While I do not condone this type of behavior, I do know there is a culture out there for this. I have watched a Cheech and Chong movie and laughed my ass off- but would I smoke? No- because I did try it once and ended up horking up my dinner (think Exorcist), and I would never do it again.

All you can do is teach your children right and wrong, and put your morals into their thinking- children will be exposed to this as early as Jr High now, and all you can do is hope that what you taught them will stick.

Legalization is a sticky wicket- why stop at pot? On the other hand there are bigger problems in the world than someone with a dimebag at a concert if they so choose. I sit pretty neutral in the argument, I understand both sides.
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I used to be so against all drugs, i am still against all the man made stuff etc. I am not 100% for mj, as with alcohol, it is different for everyone on how it affects you. I tried alcohol when i was 12, have never been a hard drinker though. Now i only have a few per year, this year none since i am pregnant. My grandma was a drunk, so her influence on me helped me not to be that. I finally had an urge to try mj when i was 23 or so, was very casual on that as well, had the same feeling as drinking, but without the effort or bloated feeling & useing the bathroom a lot. My boyfriend at the time used it several times per day, now that is something i cannot believe in. Now i have heard the saying "Reap of Earths herbs" i think it is from the bible, not sure. Even though i am an atheist it makes sense to me, but like any herb or spice, its not for everyone. Like curry, or basil etc. Native peoples around the world have been useing mj & other herbs for all type of things, the us government has been thinking of actually banning Curry from the US also, some say it has euphoric properties as well. If that happens, i will move to Canada!!!!!!! I love curry dishes, and i do not feel funny after eating it etc. That goes back to the "affects people differently" situation.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Where did you hear about the United States thinking about banning curry? I did a search online, and the only mentions I could find of that were a couple of people on message boards making sarcastic remarks. I can't find any other references. Hmmmm....
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Curry is India's secret weapon against the United States, as is
Gen. Tso's Chicken China's secret weapon. :-D

you gotta have cast-iron guts for Curry....yikes.

I'd rather eat Thousand-Year-Eggs with wasabi.

pass the Maalox please. :???: :-D

www.recipesource.com/ethnic/asia/chines ... eggs1.html
Don't start none...won't be none.
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Pan,

I understand your position with regard to minors and hash, however, in my naive opinion there are worse dangers out there apart from THC. It never did me any harm ( stop laughing you lot :-D ).

They could have glorified alcohol, which I believe is a far greater danger than cannabis.

Just my thoughts :)
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I am sure she would agree there are worse dangers than THC. And she would have been upset if they'd glorified Ethyl too.
Onward and Upward!
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

awip2062 wrote:I am sure she would agree there are worse dangers than THC. And she would have been upset if they'd glorified Ethyl too.
Right you are, sis! You know me too well! :-D
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:smt033
We're all mad here!
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

What a surprise, Xanny! :roll: You're obviously not MY kid... ;-)
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

:razz: hehe
We're all mad here!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

LisaBug2112 wrote:Now i have heard the saying "Reap of Earths herbs" i think it is from the bible, not sure.
Read the Bible dozens of times, and study all the time. I do not recall this phrase in there. FYI
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

zepboy wrote:
LisaBug2112 wrote:Now i have heard the saying "Reap of Earths herbs" i think it is from the bible, not sure.
Read the Bible dozens of times, and study all the time. I do not recall this phrase in there. FYI
I found it Zep....'cept it's the JAMIACAN bible, Marley 4:20.

(ForgivemeJesus) :???:
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
zepboy wrote:

Lord I apologize....be with the starving pygmies down in New Guinea, amen.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
zepboy wrote:

Lord I apologize....be with the starving pygmies down in New Guinea, amen.
HAHAHA I thought about that one Z!

thankyeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

Git 'er Dunnnnnnnnnnn!!! :headbang:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Thanks for making this post, Pan. I'm taking a 16 year-old in August. I'm grateful for the heads up. Now we can have a little talk BEFORE she sees the video.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?