Strangiato Rants

All about Alex

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

Strangiato Rants

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Found the following rants at Power Windows:

Opening night in Nashville (5/27): Lerxst told a story using different voices for a grandfather and his grandson, about flying model airplanes and repeatedly crashing them. "Grandpa! Grandpa! Tell us the story about the airplane!" he would say in a nasally, childish voice, and then tell about flying an airplane, and then making airplane crashing sounds.

Charlotte (5/28): Lerxst talked about being old, wondering where he got "this" as he grabbed his belly, and complained of losing his hearing and things of that nature.

Virginia Beach (5/29): Lerxst said one of his kids asked him to tell a story, and his reply was, "There are two types of stories, happy and sad." Since his kid wanted a happy story, he told the story of "One day, at a zoo, there was a lion, and he got outta his cage to visit his friend, the tiger"..."Lions and tigers and bears" then the audience replied "OH MY!" This went on two or three times. Then he said something about monkeys. Something like the monkeys were watching, and waiting for something to happen. At that Neil started a drum roll. (Double stroke.) Alex continued: "and then one monkey started a drum roll", Alex said. "A drum roll! How apropos said the other monkey to the first." At that point Neil and Geddy were split screen on the board. Neil whipped a look to Geddy, and you could tell Neil was trying to hold it in. Most of the crowd laughed at this...then Neil picked up the drum roll and they finished the song. Later, during "By-Tor & The Snowdog", when Geddy sang "By-tor...{pause}...and the Snowdog {second pause}, square for battle..." during the first pause Alex let out a primal war cry, and during the second pause made a bunch of barking sounds. Geddy was laughing too hard to sing "Square for Battle, let the fray begin!"

Burgettstown (5/31): Lerxst talked about how it was Monday night (Memorial Day), "the end of a long holiday weekend...maybe a little drink" (tipping a shotglass), "maybe a little smoke" (puffing a joint)...and how much "it SUCKED to have to go back to work on Tuesday...Work SUCKS! Back to a stinky, smelly boss...get me this ASAP...get it ASAP your ass!..."

Columbus (6/2) Lerxst started singing with the notes from his guitar. "Bah - bah - bah - bah....", a few times, then ended with: "Bah bah bah black sheep." After which he started to tell a story about how a sheep was driving a bus, which he thought was odd, because the goat was supposed to be driving the bus! Then, he asked how goats can drive a bus, and then was trying to figure out how a goat keeps receipts. He didn't know where a goat would keep them, and asked the audience, "DO YOU??" The band went back into the song, and Alex pointed out a stuffed-animal goat sitting on top of his amp, with the tag hanging off it's ear.

Noblesville (6/4): Lerxst ranted a bunch of random, incoherent noises mumbled into the microphone. He may have had more planned for after the mumbling, but Neil appeared to get impatient and into the song before he could finish.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
kwndcpc

Post by kwndcpc »

The only "words" were

Yumpin Yimminy.

A play on Jumpin Jimminy Cricket
I was standing on a reef...hiding in plain sight.
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

:lol: :lol:
The Necromancer

Post by The Necromancer »

That's jazz... Jazz is wierd... Kind of like the same thing that goes on in my head... La la la, la la, laaaaaAA WAKE UP! ooh... I love singing, it's so easy.... He he he, ho ho ho, ha ha ha, hur hur hur, aaaaaaaaahh. *sniffle*... Okay, the last time I introduce the rest of the group: On the *laughs* on the skins... Mister Milton Banana! *Drum solo*... On the bass guitar... The guy from Ipanima! *Bass plays "The Girl From Ipanima"* Laaaa! La la la la la la!... And I'm Stan Goetz!
Wheels within whells, a spiral array
A pattern so grand and complex
Time after time, we loose sight of the way
Our causes can't see their effects

-The Necromancer
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Ah yes, Rush In Rio was amazing!!
Bassist of Joe's Band

Me

Post by Me »

I had the biggest smile on my face with Alexs rant at the Scranton show. Even my wife mentioned that it's been a long long time since I smiled like that.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Smiling is good for you, Kev!
Onward and Upward!
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

:-D :-) :-D :-) :-D :-) :-D
Bassist of Joe's Band

dw_drummer93

Rant at the The Nashville Show

Post by dw_drummer93 »

I was at the Nashville show this past May and I had never thought in my wildest dreams Alex would be as funny as he was on that night during La Villa. This was my first time seeing him in person and i hope its not the last.
Hearing is believing...
MrMiltonBanana

Post by MrMiltonBanana »

Funny as funny.

2 Soups.
By-Tor's Grandma is Ted Danson's Ghost.
PerfektWorkingMandrakeoft

becker pees

Post by PerfektWorkingMandrakeoft »

so was it pine knob or superbowls that you ranted about your bed wetting? was it the fact that margaret and jake? was it the fat guy on Lost? was it that girl in that movie that i can't remember? was it the coffee, becker, or was it the star trek? or was it chris?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

"I LOVE SINGING....IT'S SOOO EASY"
Don't start none...won't be none.
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

"Oh, thank you, God, for making me not be Paris Hilton"

See it:
http://compfused.com/directlink/4903/
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

T4EFAN wrote:"Oh, thank you, God, for making me not be Paris Hilton"