Snakes and Arrows

A place to discuss the studio albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Rocinante wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
Slaine mac Roth wrote:Its been a while and I've had enough time to assimilate S&A past the initial flush of a new album and I've got to say that I love it - in fact, in my opinion, its the best since Moving Pictures. There's a wonderful sense of fatalism that runs through the whole album which closely matches the way I'm feeling at the moment.
I'm really sorry you're going through this, Slaine.
One should never, NEVER, never, be sorry for a Rush album :smt033 :smt039 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt033 :smt039 :smt020 :smt020 :smt020 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt033 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
*does his best Keanu Reeves impersonation*

Dude! That's totally NOT what I meant!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*responds with her best Bill S. Preston Esquire impression*

Excellent!
Onward and Upward!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

IMHO, the boys are really breaking new and strange ground with this album. "Malignant Narcisism" has joined "La Villa Strangiato" and "Limbo" as their best instrumentals.

Can't get enough of this album...faves="We Hold On," "Bravest Face," oh, and "Far Cry" kicks some bootay as well.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yes all of them............I like Armor and Sword a lot also.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Whoa! Kael is posting!

Dude!!! :-D :-D :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

ElfDude wrote:Whoa! Kael is posting!

Dude!!! :-D :-D :-D
Yeah! Amazing things happening here on BT the day! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

Workin Them Angels
TMMB and Far Cry are getting repetetive play from
me a lot.

However lately I am getting into the latter 5 songs on the disc.

3 days til Virginia Beach!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:IMHO, the boys are really breaking new and strange ground with this album. "Malignant Narcisism" has joined "La Villa Strangiato" and "Limbo" as their best instrumentals.

Can't get enough of this album...faves="We Hold On," "Bravest Face," oh, and "Far Cry" kicks some bootay as well.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
schuette

Post by schuette »

well come on kael...post more :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

What Schu said!

We miss your thoughtful posts, especially on all things drumming.
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, okay, I admit it. It isn't your thoughtful posts on drumming.

I miss those Sand Flea Souffles! :cry:
Onward and Upward!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

First thing: I no longer serve up the sand flea suffles. I've seen the light and no longer condone insect gourmet. I'm now into squirrels...mmmmm, squirrel legs flambet :roll:

Second thing: My kids' favorite song seems to be "Golden Bowl." I was rather entertained by the fact the song is written in pantoum form. We had to write pantoums in one of my creative writing classes. I wrote several of them, some were near-publishable quality, wonder where they are :? The form, if I remember correctly, was a kind of courtly, minstrel form in Malasian courts. It's a pretty old form, several hundred years old. Fun stuff, and not as challenging as a sestina.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Me

Post by Me »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:First thing: I no longer serve up the sand flea suffles. I've seen the light and no longer condone insect gourmet. I'm now into squirrels...mmmmm, squirrel legs flambet :roll:

Second thing: My kids' favorite song seems to be "Golden Bowl." I was rather entertained by the fact the song is written in pantoum form. We had to write pantoums in one of my creative writing classes. I wrote several of them, some were near-publishable quality, wonder where they are :? The form, if I remember correctly, was a kind of courtly, minstrel form in Malasian courts. It's a pretty old form, several hundred years old. Fun stuff, and not as challenging as a sestina.
:-D Long time no see hope your well and very happy to see you once again my old friend :-D
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

No more Sand Flea Souffles? Hmmm....well, I am game to try the Squirrel Legs Flambet.

Can you possibly find some of those pantoums, KaelMWhoIsWritingToUsAgain?
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

I tell you what, after seeing the show I really like the album even more. The songs live kick a lot of booty. :-D
This space for rent