I'm due for an introduction!

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElderberryRyan

I'm due for an introduction!

Post by ElderberryRyan »

Hey guys, I'm due for an intro here!

I'm Ryan. I'm a Canadian ex-pat in France. I moved here because of my dad's job at michelin. I started a band with a 3 British expats and a Frenchman, called The Elderberries (See my Sig). We play Rock reminiscent of the 70's. We're by no means muso's like Rush are, although someday I hope to bring the flame back after I'm done doing my thing with these guys. We're releasing our first album this march, and subsiquently touring. You guys in NA won't be able to get this anytime soon, so unlike some other bands, I'd be more than happy to .zip you a copy!

I got into Rush around when I was 15, on my first trip back home since moving. I was turned on immediately. The constant will to be the best possible musicians they could pleased me, I guess. Since, I've bought every studio album on CD, every DVD, tshirt I could get my hands on, All of Neil's books, and now I'm working on vinyls. All of this is rather expensive whilst I feed a healthy Batman collection and a musical career!

I'm planning to live in Europe for a while, to ride out this band's success which is really starting to flourish, and I'm looking forward to sharing just general musician's stories with you guys. Like Rush, I feel a general good will coming from this forum! I hope to catch you guys on the boards very, very soon!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yes, just like that.

:-D :-D :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Ya done well, Elder!

I hope to see you stick around and join in the family fun. We're dysfunctional, but show me a family that isn't dysfunctional and I will show you a family of liars! LOL

I think I need to head off to MySpace soon and check you out. Lost my net connection earlier the day due to winds when I was thinking about it.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

So Zep was bustin azz again huh? :razz:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL No, we've been having fun weather here lately. Zep would love to take responsibility for it though!
Onward and Upward!
schuette

Post by schuette »

welcome Ryan :-D ....tour in Scotland and I'll come see you :-)
ElderberryRyan

Post by ElderberryRyan »

I want to SOO bad, so far we only played in Manchester! We have a few labels over in the Land of the Scots interested, so we might do a few promo gigs over there sometime next year...I'll keep you posted!
schuette

Post by schuette »

that would be cool.....cheers :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Hi there!

Where in France are you?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
ElderberryRyan

Post by ElderberryRyan »

Clermont-Ferrand, which is basically "Michelin City". The place is full of expats from around the world.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

ElderberryRyan wrote:Clermont-Ferrand, which is basically "Michelin City". The place is full of expats from around the world.
Where is that? I spent some time (a couple of decades ago) living up north in Lille and over in the Alsace in Colmar.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball

ElfDude wrote:
ElderberryRyan wrote:Clermont-Ferrand, which is basically "Michelin City". The place is full of expats from around the world.
Where is that? I spent some time (a couple of decades ago) living up north in Lille and over in the Alsace in Colmar.
Go here:http://www.map-of-france.co.uk/

Elf, you were in area 9, Elder is in area 16.
This space for rent
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Welcome to the family :-) .
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

You have been accepted by Ogg, so now you have to stick around!
Onward and Upward!
ElderberryRyan

Post by ElderberryRyan »

Well nowandays clermont ferrand is in the auvernge district, so that's 63. My gf used to live in lille before moving to england, then to here. It's a nice place, fun to play concerts up there. anyway, clermont is south of lille, near the centre of france!