I'm due for an introduction!

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

awip2062 wrote:You have been accepted by Ogg, so now you have to stick around!
Hmm, Welcomed yes...but accepted? Only time will tell :-D .

*must ignore urge to berate elderberrywine for his all too obvious 'retro' leanings* :x :-D
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Okay, I stand corrected. Or, rather, sit corrected. *reminds self to watch the meanings of the words she uses, especially around Ogg and Rene and Elfie*

Remember that Elder is just a kid, Ogg. Why, he is younger than our eldest children! :shock:

Actually, I am glad he has retro leanings. Some kids these days have no idea about the good old bands. This guy likes Rush and Maiden!
Onward and Upward!
ElderberryRyan

Post by ElderberryRyan »

That is true, that one has taste. I guess that kids these days are too worried about conformity to try and seek something outside of the norm!

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of good new stuff, but its all copying good old stuff!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

There is nothing new under the sun, eh? Yeah, we all just rehash what we all ready have. But isn't it fun taking a standard 12 barre blues progression and making it "your own?"

I think what I like about in jazz is when a group of musicians all listen and play off each other and come up with creative new versions of what the other is doing. When they hold a conversation with music.

That is also something I appreciate about Neil. He doesn't do the same thing the same way the whole song. He mixes it up a bit but keeps the general idea the same. Not just him, either. In one of bassist Norm Stockton's clinics he teaches you to set up a general groove for different sections of a song, and then when you go back to those sections, change the groove just a bit each time. Dave Ellefson mentioned the same thing. Three men of widely divergent styles all of the same mind. I just wish that more of the music put out followed their advice.
Onward and Upward!
Me

Post by Me »

I am over due for a "welcome" Elderberry, glad to have you around.

Don't mind Ogg he's got a huge Ego, as well spoken for the rest of us. If we loved ourselves for everything we could be, then nothing would bother us. Saying there can't be something new under the sun is quite wrong, as humans we should be able to learn, understand, confront and manage our
own nature in relation to the universe, world and nature we live in. It of course being the greatest threat to ourselves is ourselves. Nevertheless don't let the clouds rush you away there's a new note in every snow flake.

"Welcome"

Dr. Me aka Spuds
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Me wrote: Don't mind Ogg he's got a huge Ego, as well spoken for the rest of us. If we loved ourselves for everything we could be, then nothing would bother us. Saying there can't be something new under the sun is quite wrong, as humans we should be able to learn, understand, confront and manage our
own nature in relation to the universe, world and nature we live in. It of course being the greatest threat to ourselves is ourselves. Nevertheless don't let the clouds rush you away there's a new note in every snow flake
I confess to being disappointed minime, unless you've forgotten to add smileys to indicate humour.
I'm guessing you mistook my dry english humour for egotism but please know that I am truly joking :-)

As for elderberrywine, the fact that he's young, in a REAL band (even though it is only guitar :x ) with prospects, that he's young AND touring ...does prompt a little (good humoured) sarcasm from this jaded oldie...but in a good way I hope. He seems like a nice guy with good taste for one of his age and if he survives the initiation he'll be welcomed here for ever :-)

ps: still dont like his music though :x :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Ogg wrote: As for elderberrywine, the fact that he's young, in a REAL band (even though it is only guitar :x ) with prospects, that he's young AND touring ...does prompt a little (good humoured) sarcasm from this jaded oldie...but in a good way I hope.
You left out the biggest negative. He's in FRANCE! Bwhahahahahaaaaa! :evil:
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Me

Post by Me »

Yes' I confess, I forgot the razz emotion but to say we all have egos is nothing but the truth. Now stop picking on the new guy I thought that was my place to do that, now you guys got him before I could :razz:
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Me wrote:Yes' I confess, I forgot the razz emotion but to say we all have egos is nothing but the truth. Now stop picking on the new guy I thought that was my place to do that, now you guys got him before I could :razz:
You think this is picking on the new guy? Who like your goodself is also young...do I detect a little crush there my girl :oops: :oops: :-D
Nah, lets pray he never happens across Schu' first thing in the morning without her beer and ciggies! :-D
ElderberryRyan

Post by ElderberryRyan »

Bring out everything you want boys (and girls) , I'll take it.

To comment:

On top of guitar I have played lapsteelguitar, keyboards, percussion, and done vocals on the album. I also know how to play drums, bass, and harmonica to a point that I could compose.
Me

Post by Me »

Very talented indeed :-D

You crack Me up Ogg... all this time you thought I am a girl? LOL Now that's a piece of cake with extra frosting :razz: And young... oh' thank you! :-D
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Me wrote:Very talented indeed :-D

You crack Me up Ogg... all this time you thought I am a girl? LOL Now that's a piece of cake with extra frosting :razz: And young... oh' thank you! :-D
No No No! I sincerely apologise 'Me'. I was referring to 'Mini' and her previous posts. I am sorry.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Ogg wrote:
Me wrote:Very talented indeed :-D

No No No! I sincerely apologise 'Me'. I was referring to 'Mini' and her previous posts. I am sorry.
What'choo talkin' 'bout, Ogg? Mini never posted in this thread!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Wow! I must be stoned. Hands up...I am a twat!

"I confess to being disappointed minime, unless you've forgotten to add smileys to indicate humour. "

This was my original comment to accusations of a huge ego, as you can see I added 'mimime' who is actually 'Mini' and NOT 'Me'

Mini + Me = Minime

...somehow I got you two mixed up, OK? :-D

*removes one's foot from one's mouth*

I better go.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

We DO have a minime here at BT but she hasn't posted since 2 April, 2005.
Onward and Upward!