NEIL'S NEW KIT!!!!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Kares4Rush

NEIL'S NEW KIT!!!!

Post by Kares4Rush »

We've been hearing about it for months and months but these photos were given exclusively to TNMS European site.

SWEET!!!

http://images.t-n-m-s.com/cgi-bin/emAlb ... 02004&tn=1

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

Thanks for posting this link, Kares! I was just heading here to do the very same thing!!! :)

May I just say that the banner of Neil that they had hung is MINE. 8)
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Of course!!! 8) :D

KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

Thanks for the page reference.

Hmmm, my reaction is a pretty solid "Yuck." I think the shells are a bit gaudy. It makes sense...seeing as how the upcoming tour is their 30th anniversary, hense all the icons...but still, I think it's too much. IMO. His new cymbals are looking nice, though.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

You know, Kael, after my initial "Wow" I had a slightly similar reaction.

I was marvelling at the intricacies of it and all (you would know Much more than I) like the built-in fans or whatever to keep the akai midi cat dry ('member all the problems he explained in the documenatary?). I THINK that's what they're for.

The shells are nice and Hard Rock yet there is all that glitter. Somehow I pictured the album references "air brushed" on or something (but that's just me and I don't DARE speculate my taste on HIS kit). Also the almost Baroque shiny hardware. I think on the tiny kit he bashed on with such intensity in the Anthem video and then look at this elaborate, decorative kit and all I could think of was "gilded cage." I don't mean the amount of pieces and what they are...Neil did say "more is more" once, didn't he?

But honestly, who cares what I think? I'm sure all the sweat, dedication and love that went into it is much more than I can imagine or appreciate.

I just wanna HEAR it!!!!! :D

by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I know they're custom made just for him and he'll get the exact sound that he's looking for, but I'm a Ludwig / Zildjian man all the way.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

The kit is going to sound incredible, no doubts there...DW is the best out there (along with Yamaha) and Sabian is makes incredible cymbals (by the way, the founder of Sabian cymbals was a master craftsman with Zildjian before leaving the company...I'm a bit fuzzy on the details). I don't know...my reaction to this new set is somewhat like my reaction to the old Alex Van Halen sets with four bass drums and 12 toms and 30 cymbals...the difference being that Neil will make use of all the pieces, whereas AVH did not.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Apologies Kares4...I didnt check out your post before I did mine.
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I never understood that Quad bass setup of Alex Van Halen. All those drums, but he only used about 1/3 of them. And those air tubes going from bass to bass? I guess it looked cool.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

KaelMwithascrubbrush wrote:The kit is going to sound incredible, no doubts there...DW is the best out there (along with Yamaha) and Sabian is makes incredible cymbals (by the way, the founder of Sabian cymbals was a master craftsman with Zildjian before leaving the company...I'm a bit fuzzy on the details).
DW drums have always been far better than yamaha's. The difference being how much more it hurts your pockets compared to the yammy's
KaelMwithascrubbrush

DWs have a really nice attack, but Yamahas have a beautiful, rich, and deep tone. Having played on both, I'd be happy with either one...but you're definitely right...DWs are a bigger kick in the pocket book :shock:
-Steven Wright
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

They'll look even better with him sitting behind them. :P

But that's just me! :roll: