Tour set list

Here's your seat for the new tour. There may be, wait, there WILL be spoilers so if you don't want to know, don't go! So pull up a lawn chair and discuss...

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

For some reason, the board won't let me adit my last post, so I'll have to double-post, Ged forbid. :-)

Billboard.com

Rush Promises Surprises On Summer Tour

April 01, 2008, 10:25 AM ET

Rush fans can expect some different songs and "surprises" when the Canadian trio hits the road on April 11 -- but guitarist Alex Lifeson says, "I'm gonna keep those a secret until then, I think."

Lifeson tells Billboard.com that since the next segment of Rush's Snakes & Arrows World Tour -- which kicks off in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and runs through July 20 -- visits a number of cities the group hasn't played in quite some time, "we thought we should maybe revisit some older songs we're not playing currently or haven't been in the last little while. So we changed out a few songs in the set. We're gonna keep it loose and maybe kind of bounce back and forth."

Lifeson says the group frequently gets fan requests for specific material. "We see 'Camera Eye' come up quite often, 'Jacob's Ladder' and some of the longer songs like that from our mid-period," he says. Last year's Snakes & Ladders dates featured rarities such as "Circumstances" and "Entre Nous," which Rush has never performed live, and are captured on the upcoming "Snakes & Arrows Live," due April 15.

Lifeson says Rush is also starting to tuck into the video material from the same show last October at Ahoy Rotterdam arena in the Netherlands for a DVD the guitarist says will be out in the late summer or early fall.

"We shot it in HD, and I hear it looks really dramatic," says Lifeson, who supervised the stereo mix for the CD. The group decided to put the CD out first, he says, because "we wanted to kind of bridge the two halves of the tour with a release so there's something there, and then we'll follow up with the live DVD."

Lifeson says that he and bandmates Geddy Lee and Neil Peart are also thinking a bit about Rush's next studio album -- mostly likely with "Snakes & Arrows" co-producer Nick Raskulinecz -- but suspects that will come later rather than sooner.

"I'm guessing that we're probably going to take a little bit of the break at the end of this tour," says Lifeson, who's been updating his Web site with a number of new features he hopes to roll out soon. "I don't see us really doing much in the way of any new material probably until the spring of next year, and then we'll see where we go. We generally prefer to just start on that first day and sit down and start jamming; it's such an exciting moment, and it becomes it's own living thing. We seem to be much more balanced and a lot happier working that way."
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Geez...*Edit, not adit :???:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Coooool!

:-D

Thanks, BBO!
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

EXCELLENT, BBO!!!! :-D :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

wow.. another studio album.. which would mean another tour..

old musicians never die, they just get better..
Happy 2015!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

welcome to the madness!!!
Happy 2015!
Tears2112

Post by Tears2112 »

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome to the board! Its much appreciated. Gotta say my fav. song from Snakes & Arrows is Armor and Sword....the lyrics are so amazing and true...just like the Pass.
Where are you guys going to shows? Got mine for NJ (2 dates) and then my little cousin just won us tickets for Hershey on the radio, hes so excited since it will be his 1st concert and I'm thrilled he will see Rush for the first time :cool: Was supposed to trek to Vegas too but those plans got squashed unfortunately, so trying to sell those tix now... :cry:
Sometimes the damage is too great
Or the will is too weak
What should have been our armor
Becomes a sharp and burning sword
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I would venture to say maybe Pan and MK will be along to welcome you. They are where you are, and you guys will probably be going to the same show.. :-)

myself, I will be going to the Indy show..
Happy 2015!
Me

Post by Me »

Thanks BBO and welcome tears2112 I am certifiably nuts and would have it any other way being normal is such a bore. My private stage life as painted consequences who are you, I am me pain of direct experience of maltreatment that goes deeper than skin assimilating wisdom through transformation of life's dragons cry soft, cry loud or just a tear down my cheek wilted spring flowers wet summer breeze colorless fall and winter hidden under the kitchen table I won't be long here and will leave with my wooden mannequins dressed up as an ancient priest singing working on the railroad all life long. I wasn't always like this though this board did it to Me. I am married happy I got to say that right from the start as I have had crazy people stalk me.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Me wrote: I wasn't always like this though this board did it to Me.
Are you sure it was this board and not .net? ;-)
Onward and Upward!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Me don't be scaring new peeps away again.
Welcome Tears2112
Me

Post by Me »

Scaring peeps Me never and watch out or I'll get my pitch fork out Spuds :twisted:
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

I am so scared phfttt...
at least I don't talk to myself like you Me
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Dusti dug some baby taters up out of a compost pile she was moving to my new pile and she fed them to the dog! :evil:

Edited by: Walkinghairball......................Mine still works. :-)
Onward and Upward!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

This forum is set so no one can edit their posts, soo...

Read the above as "Dusti dug..." please.
Onward and Upward!