need suggestions

All about Geddy

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

need suggestions

Post by Sir Myghin »

I am looking for songs, that i will not be able to play the bass for, i can play just abou everyhthing recently finished learned big money, thats a fun one. any suggestions? o by the way it works better if the song has bass nothing like rivendell. heh
wcp

Post by wcp »

well The Who has some great bass, not overly hard but still fun to play, and you can see were Geddy gets some of his influence from...umm song wise there is a "classic" bass solo in My Generation not very hard though wont get fooled again is good, who are you, and Buba O'reily all good bass songs. John Entwhistle is his name, in case ya didn't know.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Try playing some Dio?

*Stalking Sir Mydweeb and Craiggy-poo*
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

thanks WCP, i used to know my generation, and yea its fun, never tried any dio, don't know enough of it. NIB has a fun bass solo too, slap on my wah-wah and rock on
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Do Amazing Grace in harmonics like Victor Wooten! Then again, that sounded bland to me... :) You can always go to one of these if you're in the area http://www.cygnusproductions.com/tabcon/ It would definitely be fun! I've never been to one, I just recently found out about it.
wcp

Post by wcp »

if you want to do some slapping, i got a song you may like, "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon the whole song is slapping on the bass and he has a neat little solo in there. good song.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
watto

Post by watto »

How about Barry Manilows Mandy its a winner and bount to endear u to your friends!
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Sir Myghin wrote:thanks WCP, i used to know my generation, and yea its fun, never tried any dio, don't know enough of it. NIB has a fun bass solo too, slap on my wah-wah and rock on
Psssst! NIB is BLACK SABBATH!!!!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

NIB is also, when used as a word, the term used for a replaceable pen tip, and that is what one of the Sabbath member's beards look like, a nib, and they took the name of the song from the appearance of his beard. So NO! the name of the song does not have to do with Satan! It is NOT Nativity in Black , or Now I Believe or any of those. but, yes, NIB is good old John Michael Osbourne era Sabbath!
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

that can out of left feild
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Sir Myghin wrote:thanks WCP, i used to know my generation, and yea its fun, never tried any dio, don't know enough of it. NIB has a fun bass solo too, slap on my wah-wah and rock on
This post of yours is where it came from, Myghin! *razz* This, and the fact that you have been mentioning your dislike of Sabbath.
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

i do the only thing that makes that song cool is the bass solo, and playing bass witha wah
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

BASS SOLO! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Onward and Upward!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

aye thats what happens when the drumming stops:D
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Try some Primus? Les Claypool is a great bassist, and I think he has other bands that he's a member with, and solo stuff too, not sure though.