Thinking of you guys...

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Mayhaps I will make more that are a bit nicer later. And of places not seen as much by By-torians.
Onward and Upward!
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I love seeing things about people i know. Well kind of know i guess lol. I myself am too shy to be doing anything like that. Besides nothing real exciting here, we have loads of legal & illegal people here as well. I call this the new TJ!!! Now days however i am glad to see a lot of people from India here now, & loads of oriental. Our violence & crimes are way up now though, mainly the latin & younger of the oriental folks. I hate saying it like that, but it is true.
Lets see, we have Wal-Mart headquarters, & Beaver lake thats really it lol. Which the lake right now is so full there is not much if any rreachable shore line. So i have not been able to go fishing yet :cry: all the parks & swim areas are under water right now as well. All in All a pretty boring time here, have a going away party sunday for my oldest who is leaving for boot camp next week.

We have been meaning to go on day hikes in the area, but thanks to Brazil that is impossible right now. Heck its been hard to do anything because of Brazil for the last few years off & on. Anyway i am rambling now, think cuz i am down & bord.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

LisaBug2112 wrote:..have a going away party sunday for my oldest
who is leaving for boot camp next week.
Many thanks and much respect to your oldest child for his/her service to
our country LisaB.

((((LisaB))))
Don't start none...won't be none.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote: Many thanks and much respect to your oldest child for his/her service to
our country LisaB.

((((LisaB))))
Ditto that!
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Yes, great amounts of thanks to him!

We could stand to see vids of places underwater.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

awip2062 wrote:Yes, great amounts of thanks to him!

We could stand to see vids of places underwater.

Yeah, stuff around alla us is just as good as us.............in a not quite the same way kind of thing......................Right? :?
This space for rent
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

awip2062 wrote:Okay, this is really spontaneous and unedited. I had some time to kill with one of Dovey's friends while Dove practiced her softball and so I took said friend to the pier to look at the tall ships and made this video. It is certainly one by an amature, but I was thinking of you!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0a5WHCp7gfQ
Excellent video, t! Thanks! I remember PA is just beautiful and I knew where you were "pointing" :-D I, too, love the tall ships. You live in a beautiful part of this country.

Yes, Siggy, Fleet Week here in NYC is indeed impressive but they are war ships and aircraft carriers (not to mention the city is over-run with young, buff sailors. :twisted: :oops: ).

But the Tall Ships come into New York Harbor each July 4 and run up the Hudson. It's nice finding a quiet spot on the river above the city and watch them silently go up to the GWB and turn around (the smaller ones go further up). Oops! yammering. :oops:

Elfie, I still can't play your video. :( I'll try again from home tonight.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Kares4Rush wrote:Yes, Siggy, Fleet Week here in NYC is indeed impressive but they are war ships and aircraft carriers (not to mention the city is over-run with young, buff sailors. :twisted: :oops: ).

Ahhh...Fleet Week...I remember it (kinda) well...We moored next to a West German Frigate and we PARTIED....

Damn those guys drank us under the table, but they made sure we got
back okay. Good times.
Don't start none...won't be none.
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Thank you all! Actually there are ruins under the water of that lake. They call them the Pyramids, although there is nothing resembling pyramids. A few years ago when the lake was actually very low, they were exposed. Part of it used to be an old ampatheater made of native rock from right there. Was part of an old hotel back around civil war times. The hotel still stands, barely however. They are stupid around here & have never land marked it. So it has been a hang out place for punks etc. Part of the grounds at the hotel was underground. People used to hide from soldiers etc. or something like that. This was all before they made the lake, used to just be white river going through hills & farms before then.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I like hearing about and seeing places of history. :-D
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Was thinking of you guys today when my girl and I went to our art museum. Here's one of the things we saw...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIN204a5TnU
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That is cool! I want one just outside my bedroom window. LOL

It reminds me of Mouse Trap but with water. hehe
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Very cool.

But now I need a potty break.
This space for rent