In the Army now

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

He is finished with his training, we are picking him up from the airport this sat afternoon. He will be here for most ofthis month before heading to his duty station. Ft Stewart GA! We have heard he will be deployed with-in 6 months though. :(
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Cool that he will still be in the States for the holidays, and a number of months after, though! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

And Ft. Stewart isn't really that far from you either. :-D

EDIT:
Ok I looked and was soooooooo wrong. 657 miles...11 hours away.

Still, not too bad.
This space for rent
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Just takes a day hehe
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

I have done an 11 hour one day trip before. Thankfully half of your trip isn't thru scrub desert...............................booring.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

And you've done an 8 hour trip straight off of work, too. Just this year. :-) *hugs* Thanks.

As for the scrub, it may not look so interesting to many, but mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....the smell of it as it bakes in the sun or right after a hard rain.
Onward and Upward!
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I love the Desert actually lol. Been back & forth through lots in my life. I love nature period, so any sights are good for me.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Desert.... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Any idea where he is being deployed? Or is he finding out a couple of weeks before?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

LisaBug2112 wrote:I love the Desert actually lol. Been back & forth through lots in my life. I love nature period, so any sights are good for me.
You and me and Neil. We love our "desertscapes". :)
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:And you've done an 8 hour trip straight off of work, too. Just this year. :-) *hugs* Thanks.

*HUGS*

You betcha, but with getting Bear from where he was it did make the trip 11 hours. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Hey, I guess it did! :shock: And that was on top of a day of work, too. Just try to tell me there's a better set of Rush board posters anywhere in the world and I won't believe you!
Onward and Upward!