Favorite Sports Entertainers.....Pro Wrasslin!!!

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

funky cm

Post by funky cm »

I just made a big post and lost it cuz it timed out, so i'll break it down somewhat
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

no pyro, wrestlers came out from end of rink

1) IC Championship - Regal vs CM Punk. Opening pops, nothing special about match - pretty much same match as on tv. Punk with GTS. Regal acknowledged crowd afterwards.

2) Tag Team champonships, Miz and Morrison vs Goldust and Haas Hogan. A lot better than I expected.... Goldust has lost weight. Haas with bandana, blond hair, and weightlifting belt (with "Hassamania"), did all the Hogan stuff. very funny. went for leg drop, distracted, rolled up my Miz. Did posedown afterwards

3) Mark Henry vs Tommy Dreamer. Henry is huge. Ring really bounces when he lands on it. Must wash his hair and not dry it as water flies all over when he gets hit. Standard match, Henry with world's strongest slam.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

4) Kofi Kingston/Rey Myserio vs Kane/Mike Knox. huge pop for Mysterio. Difference in wrestlers sizes more noticeable live.

TAYLOR PYATT GOAL (edit, it was H Sedin's)
Last edited by funky cm on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

- actualll a really good match when you could see the smaller guys get their moves vs the bigger guys. Very impressive live when Kane goes to the top rope. Surprise ending (not the same as on tv)

SUNDIN SCORES
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

REY WITH 619, TOP ROPE SPLASH -does he not "drop the dime" anymore?

5)ECW championship, Finla (with Hornswoggle) vs JACK SWAGGER TAKES HIM OUT BEFORE THE MATCH STARTS. Swagger throws him in the ring, gets on mike . people around me have no idea who he is. Gives Finlay a couple of (safe) chairshots. Finlay recovers, takes out swagger. Hornswoggle with tadpole splash. MIDGET WRESTLERS = COMEDY GOLD. Swagerr leaves with belt (no actual match takes place). Finlay grabs some kids from ringside, and they dance in the ring with Hornswoggle. Fun fun fun.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

6) Beth Phoenix (with Santino marella) vs Kelly Kelly (Kelly). Santino gets on mike. funny stuff. puts over Tim Horton's coffee. Kelly Kelly (kelly) comes out and is dwarfed by Phoenix. Kelly is hot but kind of the same "hot" that you've seen before, and my attention was more on Beth Phoenix, who is hot in a much doifferent kind of way. Wrestling wise, all fluff as none of Kelly's moves look like they could hurt a fly, but Phoenix sold them anyway. kelly pins Phoenix, but Marella hilarious as he distracts ref, leading to Glam Slam by Phoenix, which looks like it really hurt Kelly
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

7) main event, Triple Threat Match, Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton vs John Cena for Raw title. Jericho out first to mostly cheers. Gets on mike and really does a good job to reinforce that he is a heel... mentions he actally was born in USA

ANOTHER GOAL! CANUCKS 3-0!!!! kesler?
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

but was forced to move to Canada by abusive parents (born in US is true- dad played for the Rangers when he was born- but nothing bad mentioned about his parents in his book though) therefore he hates coming back to canada

Orton out, quite a physical specimen. Cena out to a HUGE pop. Orton on the mat when Cena tosses hsi shirt nto the crowd where a guy grabs it.... Orton walks towards this guy and grabs the shirt from him, then I think stoops over to talk to the kid next to that guy.... did that guy swipe the shirt from the kid? not sure anyway Orton continued, even during the match, to have this thing with the same guy (mocks his hair, points at him nmd mouth's "you're next"). not sure if he was a plant or not.

anyway standard 3-way with heels teaming up on cena until Ortin punches Jericho by accident, the they take turns taking a powder.

ends when Jericho has cena in Walls of Jericho, Orton saves with RKO (jericho out of ring), Orton waits for cena to get up so he can kick him in the head, but gets FU'ed. Cena wins. as cenas' arm is being raised, jericho was pretty much 1/2 way out the building, which I thought was weird.

END OF SHOW. 2:45 pm
Last edited by funky cm on Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Overall a lot of fun, but too short- less than 2 hours. Almost a "get in, get matches over with , get out" feel to it yet the matches themselves didn't seen too rushed.

Matches were all short, which is how their tv matches have evolved into - a bit of a shame, as they became very predictable.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

uh-oh

After the show outside the arena, there was some sort of altercation between Jericho and a female fan. I was not there to witness this, but from what I was told by people who saw it, as Jericho was driving out of the arena, a female fan jumped on top of his car. Jericho rolled down the window to yell at the fan and she spat at him. Jericho got out of his car and spit back at the female fan. The female fan's boyfriend then ran in and threw a punch at Jericho. I had also heard that the female fan kicked Jericho in the knee as well. At this point, security jumped in and tried to restrain all three. Jericho apparantely pushed past security and tackled the female fan down to the ground.

The police showed up about 10 minutes after all this happened (even though the police station is right behind the arena). Jericho had left before they arrived. There were a lot of people capturing what happened on their phones and some of them were showing the police the footage when they arrived.

I'm not sure how accurately those details are of the altercation, but that's the information I got.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

*** Jericho did not start this, I did not get the first part of the altercation.

This happened shortly after the end of Raw's houseshow in Victoria BC Canada on 7 Feb 2009.

After Jericho drove out of the parking lot, a fan ran up to his SUV, starting knocking on the window and fingering him while yelling. Jericho opened the door and had the fan kick it shut. This is when I started recording.

The first little bit shows pretty much nothing, but it's there. According to other bystanders, this fan had been verbally harassing Jericho prior to the show. It's a shame that one fan had to ruin it for everyone, I hope he is found and charged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx6exr7yVws
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Chris Jericho asaulted by CANADIAN fans!

(Isn't he from Winnipeg-Manitoba-Canada? Wow, I guess they tore up his
adoption papers..)

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/wwe-s ... /902696365

Interesting, but definitely self-defense if you ask me.

I'm not faultin' Jericho one bit.

I'd have cracked some skulls myself.....after I fired my security staff.
Don't start none...won't be none.
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Jericho was born in New York when his dad (Ted Irvine) played for the Rangers, but grew up in Winnipeg

AFAIK he has dual citizenship

a lot of the initial verbal stuff lead me to believe that those peopel (the ones that shoved him, and apparently got involved with others as well) can't separate Jericho's character with real life. Sad.

There were no WWE security guards there, only event staff. Sorry, no Ralphus. I think there was another incident the last time thw WWE was in town (some other assclown jumped into the ring)
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

oh and

Christian returns, as well as another debut
He showed up on ECW to challenge Jack Swagger live from Fresno. Christian won with Finlay interfering with a shillelagh shot after Hornswoggle distracted the ref

T.J. Wilson debuted under the name Tyson Kidd, managed by Natalya

(ECW is on fridays at midnight so i usually don't see it, guess I have a reason to watch now)
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Thanks for the info Funky!

Looking forward to seeing Cage back in WWE.

Maybe they can get some decent story lines going now.

And The Great Khali-as-face thing....not interested. LOL

He's a much better heel.

To be honest, I gave up on ECW.

VKM totally cleaned it up, and I'm still "New-Jack-cheese-grater-to-
the-forehead old school" ECW.

Those days are gone, but man - what a ride, huh?

The flaming-table-and-thumbtack matches RULED.

Peace Funky. Keep us informed Bro. \m/
Don't start none...won't be none.