It's Official, Bear's Made His Choice

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

awip2062 wrote:Scrap the Reserves. Bear is going active! He leaves home for Fort Benning, GA on 10 August. Nice that it is two days after Heaven and Hell play here in Seattle! lol He's going Infantry.

:cheers: :salute:

****Screeches to a halt!!!!!!!!!!!!!****

What? :???:
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:Scrap the Reserves. Bear is going active! He leaves home for Fort Benning, GA on 10 August. Nice that it is two days after Heaven and Hell play here in Seattle! lol He's going Infantry.

:cheers: :salute:
...and what a cool memory H&H will be! :headbang:

OOOORAH Hard Charger. **salutes** :salute:
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Why the what, Bro?

Bear told me last night he is considering at least getting Airborne training perhaps going Airborne.

He is in for 8 years. Four and some active the rest reserve.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Well, I am trying to wrap my head around this.

First of all, now that the decision is made. Bear is my 11B Brother. HOOAH!!!!!!!!!!

He will be at the same place I did my basic training, the home of the Infantry...........Ft. Benning GA. HOOAH!!!!

I don't know if they ever reopened the "Harmony Church" part of the training brigade, that is where I did basic, most likely he will be at "Sand Hill". We called it Sand Hilton because the barracks were more like dorm rooms with a/c. I did basic in a WWII style 2 story no a/c building. HOOAH!!!!!!!!!

He will get the best training out there no doubt about this in my military mind, here is the reason for my what.

He scored the highest in PA, and all that which is great, but why not pick something better? I respect Bears decision, and I know he will do great, I just was blown away that he didn't opt for a more scholarly MOS.

Now, that being said there are tons of more detailed MOS's in the Infantry. Specialties should I say, like 11M (Mortars), 11H (TOW missile gunner), and so on. He at least does not have to be "Leg" Infantry like I was. He can be in a mechanized unit, Air Cav......and so on.

That is all I meant. With all that being said I salute the man for his decision and can't wait to hear about his letters from Benning. :-D
This space for rent
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

awip2062 wrote:He is in for 8 years. Four and some active the rest reserve.
Did he get hooked up with a promotion to E4 after Boot?

IMO- For that kind of obligation - he should get it.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

awip2062 wrote:Why the what, Bro?

Bear told me last night he is considering at least getting Airborne training perhaps going Airborne.

He is in for 8 years. Four and some active the rest reserve.
What an amazing kid you have there. Makes me feel so mediocre. :(

And my dad was Airborne in WW2. :-D Dunno where he did his training though.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Wow.

Not sure about all of the military terminology, but congratulations are in order to Bear for finding his way so early in life.

I wish you success, luck and many years of being a bad-ass protector, Bear!

High 5, bro.

(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball

awip2062 wrote:Bear told me last night he is considering at least getting Airborne training perhaps going Airborne.

The cool thing about Airborne is it is also at Benning. Unless that has changed since 1986. :P
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Bear signed up? Thank God for By-tor!!!
H's DLB

Post by H's DLB »

He scored the highest in PA, and all that which is great, but why not pick something better? I respect Bears decision, and I know he will do great, I just was blown away that he didn't opt for a more scholarly MOS.
I woulda been bored outta my mind with something more "scholarly" :P
Walkinghairball

H's DLB wrote:
I woulda been bored outta my mind with something more "scholarly" :P

Hell Bear if I would have scored higher I would have looked into something else. Still, you my Army bro now. Hooah!!!!!!!!!!!!
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

A more scholarly MOS would have been nice, but remember . . . all the intelligence in the world at the top is nice, but if the trenches cannot make the connection, it is all for naught.

There MUST be those at the end of the nerve chain who are able to interpret and carry out the orders sent from the top. With better knowledge and understand come better performance.

THAT is what I want defending MY freedom!

GO BEAR!!!

-Proud papa
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

My USMC colleagues and I give you a big OOOOORAH, Bear!

Thank you for your service to our country!
H's DLB

Post by H's DLB »

Just a month and a day til I leave :headbang:
Walkinghairball

HOOAH!!!!!!!!
This space for rent