NFL Thread

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 am

How much you wanna bet that Childress is buying Favre new cars and
taking him out to lunch and dinner and BEGGING him to come back? :shock: :lol:
Don't start none...won't be none.

User avatar
Kares4Rush
Posts: 3191
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:31 am
Location: New York

Post by Kares4Rush » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:21 am

I do b'lieve that may be possible Cyg. :-D

Favre makes me nervous, tho. I know he is a talented SOB and I wasn't all "grateful and sh*t" when he played with the Jets. Like a "fixit" miracle and all. He hated playing here. I loved seeing him "cream" Green Bay because I can't stand those fans anyway (I lived a year in Milwaukee so I know). But still. He's a novelty (I could be wrong on this) and out for himself and not team.

Even though he should have run the ball at the end of the Vikings/Saints game he may not have because was being PUMMELED by those young kids all during the game. They wanted nothing more than to pulverize him. I know that's what NFL is about essentially but this was serious sh*t! :shock:
Image

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:43 am

Kares4Rush wrote:I do b'lieve that may be possible Cyg. :-D

Favre makes me nervous, tho. I know he is a talented SOB and I wasn't all "grateful and sh*t" when he played with the Jets. Like a "fixit" miracle and all. He hated playing here. I loved seeing him "cream" Green Bay because I can't stand those fans anyway (I lived a year in Milwaukee so I know). But still. He's a novelty (I could be wrong on this) and out for himself and not team.

Even though he should have run the ball at the end of the Vikings/Saints game he may not have because was being PUMMELED by those young kids all during the game. They wanted nothing more than to pulverize him. I know that's what NFL is about essentially but this was serious sh*t! :shock:
Many sports peeps thought Favre got shafted in NY. I wouldn't know, but
hindsight is 20/20, and I think both the Jets AND the Vikes are happy about
how things turned out before the season started.

I agree that Favre got pummeled in that game, but man - was he TOUGH!
And yes, I agree that he got sweet revenge against Green Bay....TWICE! :razz:

On the other hand, the Jets got "schooled" in their game too. Peyton
kept cool as a cucumber. NY was up by ten and my wife said, "Are you
getting nervous yet?" I said "no, because I know that unless NY
was up by at least 14 points - Manning can catch 'em."

As it turned out, Manning spoke to Coach Moore, did his homework at
halftime, came out and looked like a man POSSESSED.

I almost feel sorry for the Saints. They will not keep up with
Manning's pace and ability to adjust to their defenses. If they blitz,
Manning will burn them. He's shown it time and time again.

You in NY have much to look forward to next season! I'm happy to see
some "new" teams rise up in NFL competition. Good for you guys! \m/
Don't start none...won't be none.

User avatar
Kares4Rush
Posts: 3191
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:31 am
Location: New York

Post by Kares4Rush » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:04 am

I won't be arrogant enough to say what went down with Favre here in NY. He got a chance for his comeback but for whatever reason it just didn't work. Perhaps it was a "staging" area for the Vikings. I'm not sure and I'm not as schooled as the rest of you folk are. I think Rex (insane) Ryan's coaching will give us a better future than Favre did. Yes, as you say, both teams are better for it.

I rooted for the Saints way back when and I think it will be a good game. The Colts are on fire as they "skipped" a few but are there for a reason.

Both teams belong there IMHO and that's a-nice because come SB Sunday and my famous pot of chili with beer will be consumed during a hopefully a good game and that's (I hope) what it's all about.

Unless Roger Daltry tries to show us his nipple! :shock: :-D
Image

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...

User avatar
by-tor
Posts: 1395
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:21 am
Location: Misplaced Southerner
Contact:

Post by by-tor » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 am

Soup4Rush wrote:The Saints are going down, plain and simple.. Its been a wonderful story and all, but it ends on Feb 7th..

and you can quote me on that too... :-D
CygnusX1 wrote:I almost feel sorry for the Saints. They will not keep up with Manning's pace and ability to adjust to their defenses. If they blitz, Manning will burn them. He's shown it time and time again.
Quoted for posterity. :-D
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!

Soup4Rush
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:17 am

Post by Soup4Rush » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:06 am

Bout time you came around bro!

Congratulations to your Saints! They played a great game and I was happy to see Brees get the MVP. :-)
Happy 2015!

zepboy
Posts: 6760
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:42 am
Location: Lookin for a place.
Contact:

Post by zepboy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 pm

GO BILLS!!!

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:29 am

by-tor wrote:
Soup4Rush wrote:The Saints are going down, plain
and simple.. Its been a wonderful story and all, but it ends on Feb 7th..

and you can quote me on that too... :-D
CygnusX1 wrote:I almost feel sorry for the Saints. They will not
keep up with Manning's pace and ability to adjust to their defenses.
If they blitz, Manning will burn them. He's shown it time and time
again.
Quoted for posterity. :-D
Hey, nobody mentioned INT's! :-D Seriously, point taken By-tor, with a big,
dag-nasty heapin' helpin' of crow to help it go down. :roll: :???:

Savor it for a year, New Orleans. You straight up earned it, but all bets
are off next season. Can N.O. bring it again? We'll see. 8)
Don't start none...won't be none.

User avatar
Walkinghairball
Posts: 25037
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 am

No, no one mentioned Manning throwing the winning touchdown to New Orleans. :-D
This space for rent

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:16 am

Walkinghairball wrote:No, no one mentioned Manning throwing the winning touchdown to New Orleans. :-D
At least he fulfilled a "childhood dream," right? LOL You know, Sigette -
who rooted for N.O. btw - mentioned something about Manning
"throwing" the game to the Saints when I was running around the house
like a lunatic . . . in disbelief of the entire event . . .

Silly stuff I tells ya.
Don't start none...won't be none.

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:33 am

11 people showed up to greet the Colts at the airport after the SB (true story, look it up).

Anyways- there was talk that the Colts could have run a scrimmage right there in the terminal 11 on 11, only problem is, the fans couldn't decide who was going to play the role of Tracy Porter...

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:33 pm

Vegas is already picking Indy 7 to 1 to win the next
SB . . . without even considering the 2010 draft or roster moves.

Interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... ns&cmtnav=
/mwphucmtgetnojspage/headcontent/main/article.urn:newsml:sports.
yahoo_ap:20050301:nfl_article_ap-superbowlodds:1/na/date/desc/376
Don't start none...won't be none.

User avatar
Middle Kingdom
Posts: 3361
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:44 am
Location: Bacchus Plateau

Post by Middle Kingdom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:32 am

Not a bad pick.....other than the Saints.
Pitt sucks, NE is on the way down, SD can't win a playoff game
against anyone but Indy, and the Jets are probably #2 in the AFC.

Meanwhile, Minnesota is up in the air about the QB position,
Romo is never gonna be a SB QB,
and who else plays in the NFC that isn't mediocre?

We may actually have a rematch next year.
(Said at this point in time.)
Image
Image

zepboy
Posts: 6760
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:42 am
Location: Lookin for a place.
Contact:

Post by zepboy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:55 pm

GO BILLS!!!

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:55 am

Middle Kingdom wrote:SD can't win a playoff game
against anyone but Indy
A cheap (but true- Indy wants no parts of SD) shot indeed, but
it's the Norv Turner curse I'm tellin ya. :shock: :P
Don't start none...won't be none.

Post Reply