Album Cover

A place to discuss the studio albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:18 am

Yes, I tend to keep my posts pithy.
Don't start none...won't be none.

User avatar
ElfDude
Posts: 11084
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills
Contact:

Post by ElfDude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:15 am

Favorite album cover... gonna have to ponder that one a bit. Nothing springs to mind as a favorite. Though several are in my "not THAT one" category. :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Image

Soup4Rush
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:17 am

Post by Soup4Rush » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:02 am

I would have to say Signals for me.. Something about that album cover I have always liked, and it reminds me of my youth. It was the first Rush album I bought. Moving Pictures is what got me into Rush. I was in the high school marching band and we had to sell something, I dont remember what it was, and we could pick out prizes.. this was in 82. I picked the Moving Pictures album.. mostly because the drummers in the band were into Rush, and I wanted to play the drums.. I loved the whole album and when Signals came out, I used my paper route money to buy the album.. and 2112 was after that one.. so thats why Signals appeals to me, it was the first Rush album I actually bought and it reminds me of being young again.
Happy 2015!

User avatar
awip2062
Posts: 25518
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:15 am
Contact:

Post by awip2062 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:44 am

ElfDude wrote:Favorite album cover... gonna have to ponder that one a bit. Nothing springs to mind as a favorite. Though several are in my "not THAT one" category. :-D
Feedback being one of the "not THAT one" covers, perhaps?
(That was for you, Soupy hehe)
Onward and Upward!

User avatar
ElfDude
Posts: 11084
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills
Contact:

Post by ElfDude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:12 am

awip2062 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:Favorite album cover... gonna have to ponder that one a bit. Nothing springs to mind as a favorite. Though several are in my "not THAT one" category. :-D
Feedback being one of the "not THAT one" covers, perhaps?
(That was for you, Soupy hehe)
Feedback is one I just don't think about. I never liked Permanent Waves or Signals very much.

When Moving Pictures was new I thought it was pretty cool.
Test For Echo might be the best...
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Image

Soup4Rush
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:17 am

Post by Soup4Rush » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:53 pm

ElfDude wrote:
awip2062 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:Favorite album cover... gonna have to ponder that one a bit. Nothing springs to mind as a favorite. Though several are in my "not THAT one" category. :-D
Feedback being one of the "not THAT one" covers, perhaps?
(That was for you, Soupy hehe)
Feedback is one I just don't think about. I never liked Permanent Waves or Signals very much.

When Moving Pictures was new I thought it was pretty cool.
Test For Echo might be the best...

wait... you never cared for the Permant Waves woman!!! :-D
Happy 2015!

User avatar
ElfDude
Posts: 11084
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills
Contact:

Post by ElfDude » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Soup4Rush wrote: wait... you never cared for the Permant Waves woman!!! :-D
I stared at her a lot. And wondered if her underwear was photoshopped in. It looked kinda fake. Hey, I was a teenager.
But overall I didn't like the cover. :(
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Image

User avatar
awip2062
Posts: 25518
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:15 am
Contact:

Post by awip2062 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:45 am

I still like MP. I love to stare at the photos and I do still enjoy the connection between the name of the album, the photo on the cover, and lyrics inside.
Onward and Upward!

Post Reply