JUNE 8 - New RUSH release!!!!!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Unit One

JUNE 8 - New RUSH release!!!!!

Post by Unit One »

There will be a new Rush release on June 8. I'm assuming its a 30th anniversary compilation-type album. But, there has been rumors of a brand new album.
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Damn, dude...quick with the new info...if you're not careful I'm gonna start calling you Radar. Thanks for the great news!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Radar O'Reilly :shock:
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

my guess is a box set. Heard a rumor of that a while back.
Unit One

Post by Unit One »

neilpeart_gal wrote:my guess is a box set. Heard a rumor of that a while back.
That would be cool, if it's not just all the albums remastered. Rush has always said that they use everything they record, but I would love to see some demos and unreleased songs on this.

Songs like:

Fancy Dancer (Rush)
Run Willie Run (Alex)
Pieces Of Eight (Neil)
Get Ready (Geddy)
O Canada (Geddy)
Battle Scar (w/ Max Webster)
Smoke On The Water (Alex)
Champion (Neil)

...and whatever else they have. There's that "One Little Victory" instrumental that is on the Need For Speed game, also. Personally, I would like to hear instrumentals and the "working progress" of songs with different lyrics and arrangments.
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Amarok

Post by Amarok »

Don't think it's a brand new album. Not enough time til now, I guess.

Great news anyway!!!
Unit One

Post by Unit One »

Maybe it's something with the DVD of every music video they've done. Geddy has mentioned that there was one in the works.
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

Maybe it's a DVD release of ESL, GUP, and ASOH... :shock: :D

I hope so!!!!!

:P
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

SWEETness :shock:
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

According to the WEA new release schedule, Atlantic has a new Rush release set to hit the stores June 8th. Expected to be a new CD or DVD release, no title or content information is given other than the catalog number. Although the band's management has been silent on this matter, with an anticipated release date just one week following the start of the 30th Anniversary Tour, and as it is on Atlantic Records, some guesses are that it is a) a Presto through Vapor Trails compilation ala "Retrospective 3"; b) a DVD anthology which Geddy and Neil have hinted at in various interviews through recent years (see additional information on the Power Windows news page); or c) a dream release on every fans wishlish, however unlikely, of a 30th Anniversary Boxed Set countaining unreleased rarities and/or live performances, which would require an agreement between Mercury and Atlantic (very unlikely).
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

*drools*
Onward and Upward!
wcp

Post by wcp »

that is the day of the Detroit show....i will go buy whatever this strange cd is...and then see Rush...and then go home very happy,
pssssst i am routing for a box set! they just released a Dvd and they just released a greatest hits before that and a live album....i think it is time for something different.
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
Unit One

Post by Unit One »

Ogg wrote: a) a Presto through Vapor Trails compilation ala "Retrospective 3"; b) a DVD anthology which Geddy and Neil have hinted at in various interviews through recent years (see additional information on the Power Windows news page); or c) a dream release on every fans wishlish, however unlikely, of a 30th Anniversary Boxed Set countaining unreleased rarities and/or live performances, which would require an agreement between Mercury and Atlantic (very unlikely).
If it can't be the box set, I would like to have the DVD. It's been a long time since I've seen some of the videos that they didn't include on the Chronicals DVD. Also, there was a video for "One Little Victory". I've seen it only once.
Memory banks unloading
Bytes break into bits
Bigwheel Spins

Post by Bigwheel Spins »

I;m all set with greatest hit packages of any kind. No thanks. We all own these records in one form or another. A 3rd Retrospective is not necessary. After the whole Spirit of Radio debacle, I can't imagine another recycle project.

:cry:
Coiled for the spring or caught like a creature
in the headlights into a desparate panic or a tempest of blind fury. . .

like a cornered beast or a conquering hero
wcp

Post by wcp »

After Ogg's other post it looks like it will be a Box Set!! *prays*
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson