old concert programmes

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

watto

old concert programmes

Post by watto »

ow do everybody, finally rediscovered my taste in music, the soup dragon, (wife!) bought me the Rio dvd amazin stuff. one word Alex, TREAD MILL, nearly as fat as me!.
Anyone any idea if a 1980 Permanent Waves concert progamme is worth anything saw them at Manchester Apollo, (England) that year, and any British followers any ideas if they are likely to come near Yorkshire on the 2004 tour. By the way I have the misfortune of comin from Bradford
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Welcome Watto! I'm a bit of a collector myself. I think the dollar/pound value for your artifact could go either way. It may have more sentimental value than anything (would to me :) ). I searched ebay for this one and found one listing in Cramlington UK /Newcastle that is at 1 quid at the moment, with 8 days left on it. I'm sure you could get more than a few bob for it, and perhaps someone at By-tor.com wants to add it to their collection.
Have a great time here, looking forward to "seeing" ya around.
Zivo
watto

old programmes

Post by watto »

Thanks Zivo, was never gonna get rid of it, reminds me of the golden age of my youth, I was 19 at the time.

The newer Stuff from the boys, last album I actually bought was Signals, is quality, sounds as fresh and innovative as ever. interesting to see what peoples fav performance is on the dvd both musically and visually.
Mine, well, wat about YYZ, Red Sector A, leave that thing alone, and of course Alexs' Jack Nicholson impersonation on La Villa.

By the way does anybody remember the band Triumph, were they from the same part of the world as Rush, loved there early stuff, Just a Game etc.
Was I the only one?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I remeber Triumph. I saw them at a festival in 1983. They are from Canada. YOu were not the only fan of theirs.

They are not together anymore, at least not with Ric. He is on his own and you can find him on the web.
Onward and Upward!
watto

Post by watto »

Is that a Dio logo I see or are my eyes deceiving me.
Best singer Rainbow ever had, much better than that clown Bonnet. Shame that Richie Blackmore is as mad as a Fish !
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Dio? Isn't that Italian for "god?"

Uhhh..yeah, that is Ronnie. I kinda like his stuff. A little. :oops:
Onward and Upward!
watto

Old Programmes

Post by watto »

Right its 10.00 at night here no one else is on line, and i'm up early in the mornin.
takin my cocoa to bed. so when all you folks from across the pond get home from work or the local prison add sum thoughts to the rio dvd and them old rockers Triumph. Then ive got something to read when I get up
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Hey Watto,
I was lucky enough to live in Maryland from mid-seventies to the early eighties, and went to several early Triumph shows. One was at Towson Center in Towson Md. I remember my bandmates getting us front row seats, and how surprised we were when security started setting up all this video stuff. There were tracks on the floor in front of us that the cameras rode back and forth on, tons of video-guys running around. When the show started we all hammed it up for the cameras, mock-choking ourselves, etc. Two months later it came out as their first live video, and as we watched it on a new thing called "MTV", there we were, idiots in the front row, being idiots.
The band was absolutely great on the album "Rock and Roll Machine". I suggest everyone listen to "The Blinding Light Show". You will be an eternal Triumph fan after that.
There are several places on the web for more info. This one is simple, but there are some cool downloadable sounds, pics, etc.
I gotta find that live video. It will bring back memories as this post has.

watto

Post by watto »

you lucky man!, never got the chance to see them mate. Can only agree with your comments on blinding light show.
Some of the tracks on just a game are brilliant as well, lay it on the line comes to mind, do you know if the re-released any of their stuff on dvd, not come across any my self.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I can't find them online as a band, but here is a link to Rik's current site.

http://www.rikemmett.com/
Onward and Upward!
watto

Post by watto »

Need to get some of their stuff on cd, all my stuff is on vinyl, and is well past its sell by date. I amazes me that over here u can pick up Rush cds for really good money, because a lot of it is over 10 years old
zintman

Triumph

Post by zintman »

Triumph is not only from the same country...but the same city!
Triumph were Toronto boys...(as a band anyway).
I first saw them at Centennial Hall in London Ontario around 1977...about 1,200 people there (if that!!).
They did an instore appearance at a record store that day...about 5 people showed up!
I watched their popularity increase as time went on.
Rock and Roll Machine is a GREAT record.

They recently released Triumph at the US Festival on dvd...look for it!
Gil and Mike of Triumph are presently putting the finishing touches on a dvd of the band live in Halifax in 1987...should be out shortly!
awip2062

Re: Triumph

Post by awip2062 »

zintman wrote:They recently released Triumph at the US Festival on dvd...look for it!
Ohhhh! I would like to see this. I NEED to ged a DVD player! Having attended US in '83, I would love to own it. My kids hear me talk of it enough, they might like to see what I keep going on about. :roll:
Onward and Upward!
zintman

US Festival dvd

Post by zintman »

If you were at the US Fest...you'll definitely want this!
It looks and sounds GREAT!

Plus there is other footage and a few Triumph videos as well!

Also...Triumph's set at US fest is out on CD!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Yes it's about time you guys got on board and bought a DVD player. That'll be hmm.. Welcome to '95? :P
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT