Whew!!!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Whew!!!

Post by ElfDude »

My tickets arrived in the mail this week! Such a relief (and a surge of excitement). :D

I get nervous ordering tickets online... wondering if I'll actually get them...
Last edited by ElfDude on Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
schuette

Post by schuette »

glad you got them....at least that will be a weight off your mind :D
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

Wooo! Most excellent, Elfie!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Didn't get mine yet for V.B. :?
EndlesslyRocking

Re: Whew!!!

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

ElfDude wrote:My tickets arrived in the mail this week! Such a relief (and a surge of excitement). :D

I get nervous ordering tickets online... wondering if I'll actually get them...
Me too.

I never got any confirmation that my order was received, and several emails to the ticket "broker" went unanswered.

Fortunately, a few days later, they arrived by FedEx, with no receipt or cover letter or anything. Just two tickets paper-clipped together.

For the amount I paid, I would have thought the customer service would have been a bit better.

But, all's well that ends well, right?
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

EndlesslyRocking wrote: For the amount I paid, I would have thought the customer service would have been a bit better.
You really would think so, wouldn't you?

I remember when it was announced that the Moving Pictures tour was coming to my area... I bet a lot of you have stories like this... a small group of people started camping out in front of the local ticket outlet (a stereo store in this case), much like some people do when a new Star Wars film is coming out. Being just a teenager and still under my parents rule I wasn't allowed to go and camp out. So, on the Saturday that they went on sale my brother and I went and got in line during the wee hours of the morning.

There were no online forums or anyhting like that in those days. There was no RushCon. Being in a line like this was only chance people ever had to hang out with a group of Rush fans. I had a great time swapping stories with people who shared the enthusiasm I had for this band.

These days I click the mouse a few times, type in my credit card number, and hope for the best.

Geez, I'm starting to sound like Grandpa Simpson again...
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

ElfDude wrote: Geez, I'm starting to sound like Grandpa Simpson again...
I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too!!

;)

I slept out for tickets once. I was living in Australia, and spent from noon until 8:00 the next morning sitting on the sidewalk waiting for the box office to open. I got front row seats at face value.

Now, like you said, it's just a click away. Everything's so impersonal these days.

I guess I had figured since I bought the most expensive tickets the "broker" had, I'd at least get a *little* personal attention, or a thank you, or something.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

And as it's turning out, these pre-sale seats weren't that great to begin with...

Mind if I ask whereabouts in northern California you are?
Zivo
Location: "A place not too far from here, as a matter of fact

Post by Zivo »

Did you invent the terlet in nineteen-tickety-three?

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

"I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognize Missoura." -Grandpa Simpson

"I got a funny story about that. Well it's not so much funny as it is long." -Grandpa Simpson

"This elevator only goes down to the basement, and someone made an awful mess down there." -Grandpa Simpson (standing in an outhouse)

"People these days, always wantin' somethin' for nothin' [walks into insurance office] I'm old, gimme, gimme, gimme!" -Grandpa Simpson

"I always get the blame around here! Who put slippers in the dishwasher? Who threw a cane at the TV? Who fell into the china hutch?" -Grandpa Simpson
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

What happens, happens.

I can only hope for the best
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

ElfDude wrote:There were no online forums or anyhting like that in those days. There was no RushCon. Being in a line like this was only chance people ever had to hang out with a group of Rush fans. I had a great time swapping stories with people who shared the enthusiasm I had for this band....
I miss those days! :( I have many fond memories of getting in line at some outrageous hour for Rush tix. My favorite would have to be the Counterparts tour. I was 8 months pregnant with my oldest daughter and I was in line at a record store in Moreno Valley, CA on a very foggy morning at 5:00 am. There were several teenage boys there who were quite impressed by my dedication. Of course they freaked out that I had been a Rush fan longer than they had been alive! They were so sweet to the old pregnant lady. They kept running to Circle K to get me something to drink. One drove home to get me a lawn chair so I could sit down. One even offered to rub my feet! :shock: And no, for those of you wondering, I did not take him up on it. It truly was a great morning, one I will never forget! 8)
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Hehe, I agree, whatever happens, happens! I've received no confirmation on my tickets, but the credit card was billed so I'm PRETTY pretty sure I'm going to ged the tickets.

Good stories :)
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

I dont know if it's different over here in England but I received my tickets seven days after ordering and had a confirmation email :lol:

ps:Elfiedude, I'm a huuuuuge Simpsons fan, loved the quotes mate :lol: I download all the new episodes :wink:
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

The Simpsons are the only reason left for owning a TV. Well, except when you use it as a monitor for watching concert DVDs like Rush in Rio. :)