Least Favourite

A place to discuss the studio albums

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

What is your least favourite Rush studio album?

Rush
26%
Fly By Night
4%
Caress of Steel
No votes
No votes
A Farewell to Kings
No votes
Hemispheres
No votes
Permanent Waves
No votes
Moving Pictures
No votes
Signals
4%
Grace Under Pressure
4%
Power Windows
No votes
Hold Your Fire
17%
Presto
4%
Roll the Bones
13%
Counterparts
17%
Test For Echo
9%
Vapor Trails
No votes

Total votes: 23

Slaine mac Roth

Least Favourite

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Every forum I've been on tends to to ask what people's favourite Ruah album. Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to see what albums peopledon'tlike.

So, vote now for your least favourite Rush Studio album.

Incidentally, mine is Signals
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

I went with Hold Your Fire, I don't own it and I've never heard it :P
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Slaine mac Roth

That's a shame. Its one of my favourites.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

It's not that I dislike it, certain things bar it from making the list!
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

hold your fire is amazing buy it, i voted fly by night, its great but they all are, and apparently thats the one i spin the least so...
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

I don't like the first album much.

Too 70's for my taste...
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Post by KaelMwithascrubbrush »

EndlesslyRocking wrote:I don't like the first album much.
I hear ya Rocking. The first album just doesn't really do it for me. "Working Man" is cool...and a couple others were fine...but I lost my cassette copy years ago and haven't replaced it. Ah well.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

RTB's being the least played and the shortest shelf life of any new Rush release so has to be my least.
To each his own of course bit I cant believe that 'Signals' is someone's least favourite, a classic album in every sense.
Slaine mac Roth

There is nothing wrong with the songs, there are some absolute crackers on there, as proved when played live. The reason why I don't like Signals is that the production is awful. The guitars are so far back in the mix that, for most of the time, Al might as well have stayed home. And, on the few occasions when the guitar does surface, the sound is thin and reedy with no body to it.

Given a good production job, a la HYF or Moving Pictures, I think Signals could well have been a true classic and right up there at the top. I think I can see why Rush and Terry Brown parted company after this album - the band's objective ear had gotten too close and was no longer so objective.
wcp

Post by wcp »

never really liked GUP
"John Rutsey, who was a viking then, Geddy, who wasn't a viking and myself formed the band as it isn't today to patrol war-torn areas of the Middle-East and to incurr as many debts as possible. This we did with a passion."
- Alex Lifeson
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:There is nothing wrong with the songs, there are some absolute crackers on there, as proved when played live. The reason why I don't like Signals is that the production is awful. The guitars are so far back in the mix that, for most of the time, Al might as well have stayed home. And, on the few occasions when the guitar does surface, the sound is thin and reedy with no body to it.
That's exactly how I feel about Presto.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
KaelMwithascrubbrush
Location: I don't know, but there's a snake in my boot and an arrow just hit me in the butt!

Slaine mac Roth wrote: The reason why I don't like Signals is that the production is awful.
That's funny, 'cause from a drummer's point of view, Signals is one of the best produced albums for earfulls of NEP. I especially like the hihat sound...nice and crisp.
"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five."
-Steven Wright
Slaine mac Roth

I must agree with you there. Plus I think Geddy's bass sound is pretty good. Alas, Rush are a trio and, in this case, 2 out of three is unacceptable.
KaelMwithascrubbrush

:lol: :lol: :shock:
-Steven Wright
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

Counterparts for me, for reasons I've posted elsewhere...