Draft Legislation

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Your artistic ability certainly exceeds mine.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

Mr. Potatoe Head wrote:CLARIFICATION

Your not seeing the big picture.

Here is a painting I've been pulling together tonight "OPPRESSION"
You got to flip it on all four sides.

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/start.asp?Job ... 1327910979

(If the link above is not clickable, copy and paste or type it, directly into your browser.)
ElfDude wrote:Your artistic ability certainly exceeds mine.
Thank You kindly Sir
Mr. Potatoe Head

I guess my own mind on Guernica
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kev, fry bread...no prob!

And, Kev, keep up with the art, and the posting of it, please.

If we are there to force western culture on them, we are going about it the wrong way!
Onward and Upward!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

ElfDude wrote: If you've got something specific in mind (not a sweeping, vague generalization), I'd appreciate the chance to respond to it.
How about we pick this up after June 25th, when Farenheit 9/11 debuts in the United States? This fraud of an administration will be laid bare once and for all.

:evil:

Seriously though, I'm not really interested in pursuing this debate. It won't go anywhere. Suffice it to say I'm clear in my own mind, as you are in yours. Best leave it there, I think. I'd rather keep it friendly, and about RUSH.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
Mr. Potatoe Head

Here you go Elfdude or who ever else has a desire to put words to action

I?d like to give you an update on where we stand on the reconstruction of Iraq and Afghanistan. The Gulf Region Division and the Afghanistan Engineer District continue to make great progress. In Iraq, the oil and electrical infrastructure continues to improve and we are securing and destroying captured enemy ammunition. And in both countries, we are providing engineering and technical assistance, and repairing and constructing facilities. These many contributions are due in large part to the 1,700 civilian and military employees who have deployed since the Global War on Terror began. Still, there is much more to do. As a result, both GRD and AED are continuing to fill positions for six months to one year.

I remain optimistic that Corps employees will continue to step up to the plate and volunteer. Throughout my tenure as the Chief of Engineers, I?ve been inspired by the Corps family and our rapid response to any crisis. Selfless service is truly the hallmark of Corps employees. I will never forget how so many employees rose to the challenge after the 9-11 attacks. That selfless service has been unwavering during recovery efforts after natural disasters and now, in our support to the Global War on Terror.

Since there remains a thirst for volunteers, I encourage you to give serious thought about volunteering to serve at GRD or AED in a temporary change of station reassignment. Your gifts of time and talent will have a direct hand in helping to build a foundation for democracy and stability. You may obtain more information on job vacancy announcements at www.cpol.army.mil; select Employment/Army's Vacancy Announcements and then enter your position title keyword and search on the Countries of Iraq or Afghanistan. You may also contact your local CPAC or the HECSA CPAC at 202.761.0356/540.665.3734 for additional information. I also encourage you to seek out others in your organization who have already deployed and get their perspective on their experience.

Finally, I ask that supervisors review deployment opportunities for their employees and actively support those desiring to volunteer. I am confident that those who deploy will return even more capable and motivated.

Thank you for all you do.

Essayons!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Thank you for passing that on, Kev.
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

EndlesslyRocking wrote: How about we pick this up after June 25th, when Farenheit 9/11 debuts in the United States? This fraud of an administration will be laid bare once and for all.

:evil:
Except that Moore's main claims are already being undermined... and by other Bush bashers yet... It may be Michael Moore who is finally laid bare.

http://www.cnsnews.com/SpecialReports/a ... 0601a.html

(CNSNews.com) - One of the central charges made by left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore in his upcoming, Bush-bashing film is being undermined by another critic of the president -- former White House counter-terrorism czar Richard Clarke.

Moore's upcoming film, Fahrenheit 911, points to President Bush's rumored relationship with Saudi officials as the motivating factor in the president allegedly allowing relatives of terror mastermind Osama bin Laden to fly out of the country following the Sept.11, 2001 terror attacks.

But Clarke recently admitted that he alone approved the exit of the bin Laden kin -- damaging the key premise of Moore's film.
Moore has alleged in interviews promoting the film that Bush and his father, former president George H.W. Bush, had close ties to the Saudis, which led to the decision to help bin Laden's family leave the country following the terrorist attacks.

Clarke's sworn testimony before the 9/11 Commission in March, describing how the FBI approved the flights for the bin Ladens and other Saudis to leave the U.S., may have strengthened that premise. But Clarke's interview with The Hill newspaper, published on May 26, contradicted that previous testimony.

The decision to approve the flights, Clarke admitted last week, had been his own. The request "didn't get any higher than me," he told The Hill.
"On 9-11, 9-12 and 9-13, many things didn't get any higher than me. I decided it in consultation with the FBI," Clarke said of the plane flight carrying bin Laden's relatives.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Well, now this is interesting.

"Meanwhile, the nation's confidence in its public institutions is on the rise, according to a Gallup poll released yesterday.
Americans trust their military the most, with 75 percent saying they have a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in the armed forces. The figure is more or less on par with previous years, despite the Iraqi prisoner-abuse problem.
Last year, the confidence level in the military was 82 percent. In 2002, it was 79 percent.
American law enforcement has also won the public's trust, with 64 percent saying they had "a great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in the police. It is the highest rating for law enforcement in more than a decade, and up from 61 percent last year and 59 percent in 2002.
"