For those who might be peed off?

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

lavillapg

Post by lavillapg »

D'Anconia wrote:Agreed. I've seen them 3 times so far this year and love the setlist, plus I have no complaints that it hasn't changed. I've got 3 more shows to go. If they make some changes, that's great. If not, no worries mate!!
:smt091
Three times already, Lucky so and so, However my time will come ( September ) :-({|=

It wouldn't matter what they done with the set list, What would be my favourite(s) wouldn't be somebody else's. As said before, Just glad they're still playing after so long and can do over 3 hours a night.
What more do you want ( Another studio album and a dvd please )
Image Image
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

gernthefish wrote:Thanks for posting this. I'm so sick of people complaining about the setlist that I could scream. Actually, it does have the same format, but none of the following were played during the VT tour: the medley, Animate, Subdivisions, Force10, Red Barchetta, Seeker, BTWheels, Mystic Rhythms, Heart Full of Soul, Xanadu, Summertime Blues, and Crossroads. And they have to keep playing most of their "hits" (TS, Spirit, etc). So what's the deal??? Any doubts I had about the setlist were erased when I saw the show. So all you complainers can bite me. Rush is still doin' it well after 30 years!
I really have a problem with this.

There's nothing disloyal or ungrateful about expressing our preferences for the setlist. People have questions, or unincluded favorites, or whatever, it's not hurting you or anyone else. Telling us to "bite you" is not exactly a high-end argument in any event.

Sorry if I step on some toes here, but this "Love everything they ever do or you're not a true fan" bullshit really bothers me. I'm certain the band members don't feel that way.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Well, they are all individuals, as we are, and we all have our likes and dislikes and we do not have to agree on everything. If we do agree on everything and we are all the same, all but one of us is unnecessary, eh?
Onward and Upward!
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

guys, guys, guys!! WE'RE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE ONE GINORMOUS HAPPY FAMILY!! i know that we can't be all the time, of course, everybody has their different opinions, but we don't have to get all huffed up about them because everyone is entitled to their own!!

i am of the opinion that yes, we're extremely lucky that RUSH is going on tour again, but we can still make a few complaints about the setlist!! i was disappointed that they didn't play Driven, but i didn't pitch a hissy fit about it. i also wanted to share my opinion and see what other people thought, so i did. that's my right as an american. i don't appreciate people who are just gonna whine that RUSH didn't play ther favorite songs or completely diss the setlist in any way shape, or form, but i'm not going to prosecute them either!! if you have a proble with it, ignore it. i promise it won't hurt you!!

i hope i haven't wounded anyone's pride by speaking my mind!! i love you ALL, i just don't want you guys to get in a fight over something like that!!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
happysmilies007

ps -- i agree completely with awip..WELL PUT!!
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Carolynn, no worries, no one here is gonna come after you. hehe
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

They could have played Mary had a little lamb for 3 hours and it would have been ok by me.
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

thanks awip, that's VERY reassuring.. :smt022 lol just pickin!

Soup4Rush, EXTREMELY well put!! you sound very dedicated!!

Tinkertoy Drummer

Post by Tinkertoy Drummer »

LOL Soup. Can't you just see the skeletons dancing to that one? LMAO

The only thing I'm peed about is that my only show is OVER! Unless someone has an extra seat for Darien Lake? Hmmmmmmmmm? Aaaaaaaaaaanyone?
Brad
"Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware....."
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

happysmilies007 wrote:thanks awip, that's VERY reassuring.. :smt022 lol just pickin!

Soup4Rush, EXTREMELY well put!! you sound very dedicated!!

I bought one of those shirts too. The red R30 one. way cool.
Happy 2015!
happysmilies007

yes, i LOVE the bullet idea they did!! i thought about going with the natural one instead, but the red one just LOOKED better!! i really wish they wouldn't charge so much for a t-shirt, but hey, it is a RUSH concert, after all!! they've gotta pay for they're awesome show and their salaries somehow!! i was surprised at how many people had already ordered their 30th anny shirt & were wearing them at the show. i didn't know orders could ship that fast!!

gernthefish

Post by gernthefish »

Endlessly Rocking - My apologies to the "complainers". I was trying to empathize with the band's decisions and was a bit surprised at the negativity. I feel that this tour is one of their best ever. But I do respect everyone's opinion and apologize for using "bite me". I didn't mean it in a bad way, honest!
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

gernthefish wrote:Endlessly Rocking - My apologies to the "complainers". I was trying to empathize with the band's decisions and was a bit surprised at the negativity. I feel that this tour is one of their best ever. But I do respect everyone's opinion and apologize for using "bite me". I didn't mean it in a bad way, honest!
No worries.

Hell, I haven't even seen the tour yet.

I just know that, for me personally, there are favorites not on the setlist that I'd rather hear than covers. Just a matter of personal taste, not objective reality. That's all I was trying to say.

But I'm keeping an open mind. We'll see how it all plays out on stage.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...