Ghost Rider to be made into a movie?

All about Neil

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Ghost Rider to be made into a movie?

Post by kazzman »

Scabeba Entertainment Acquires the Film and Television Rights to Neil Peart's Biography "GHOST RIDER"

Neil Peart internationally best-selling author, lyricist and Hall of Fame drummer for the legendary band "RUSH" gives rights to his bio "GHOST RIDER" to Buddy Rich's daughter Cathy.

(Las Vegas) July 11, 2004 -- Cathy Rich, daughter of legendary jazz drummer Buddy Rich has acquired the film and television rights to produce the Neil Peart bio "GHOST RIDER" through her production company Scabeba Entertainment. The Drainie-Taylor biography prize finalist was also chosen as one of the five most exceptional biographies of the year.

Neil Peart, internationally best-selling author, lyricist and Hall of Fame drummer for the renowned rock band RUSH, is the most successful band in Canadian rock music. RUSH has recently made history by becoming the first band to celebrate 30 years together with the original members and they are currently on the RUSH 30th Anniversary World Tour.

"GHOST RIDER" is a bold, brilliantly written, intense, exciting, and ultimately triumphant narrative memoir from a gifted writer and musician, who started out as a man reduced to trying to stay alive by staying on the move. Within a ten-month period, Neil Peart suffered family losses so devastating that they left him a ghost, physically a man, but with nothing.

Rich states that she is "thrilled and honored to have the opportunity to collaborate on such an inspiring story of personal triumph". Rich and Peart became friends in 1992 when Neil appeared on the Buddy Rich Memorial Scholarship concert, in his first foray outside of RUSH. They also collaborated on the Grammy-nominated CD's "Burning for Buddy," parts 1 and 2.

Scabeba Entertainment is currently in pre-production on the life story of Buddy Rich, produced by Steven Soderbergh and Miramax Films.
Kazz
D'Anconia

Post by D'Anconia »

Never thought I'd see that happen...
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

I know. I'm VERY surprised. But I guess considering who it is, and that Neil admired Buddy so much, it makes as much sense as is possible.
Jedi Rush

Post by Jedi Rush »

I just saw this, and was going to post it.
I am really excited about this. I'm trying to figure out how they'll do this. Knowing how Neil is quiet about being in the public eye, I'm pleasently surprised to hear about this. I wonder if they'll have someone portray Neil, or do it documentary style.
If nothing else, if this story (check that - this life) gets out to more people, it would be wonderful and could be very inspirational to many people.
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

And I posted it elsewhere before I got here. Ha Ha. :oops:
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Looks as though Tom Hanks will have some more work coming up. I can see him portraying Neil
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Tom can play him up until the age of 36 then Kevin Spacey can take over. :-D

Me loves goood news. :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
2112X1mbh

Post by 2112X1mbh »

I'm sure it'll never happen, but sure wish Neil would do it. Mostly from a selfish reason of me loving to watch him in action. From all the concerts I have seen, interviews, and his video, A Work In Progress. That man certainly is poetry in motion. Otherwise, I like like the Kevin Spacey nomination too!!!! :-D
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

If Hollywood actors were to play our heroes then they would most likely be........

John Hannah for Neil

Jeff Daniels for Alex

and Sean Penn for Geddy
Bassist of Joe's Band

kazzman
Location: In a cellar thinking of ways to assasinate Gary Bettman

Post by kazzman »

H3WMW wrote:Jeff Daniels for Alex
Funny, I always saw Keifer Sutherland for Alex.
Kazz
H3WMW

Post by H3WMW »

Well, you could be correct.

Either Keifer Sutherland or Jeff Daniels for the part.
Bassist of Joe's Band

PeartFan

Post by PeartFan »

I think Kevin Spacey would be a good pic, or if they choose to go for a younger man, I say John Cusak, he's amazing