All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

3 travelers

Check out this moron in NY...

Post by 3 travelers »

RUSH
"Feedback"
Atlantic

Even if you loath the Rush sound, you have to give this Canadian trio respect for theirability to give their fans 30 years of the music they love.

This anniversary collection celebrates those three decades with a cover album of the band's favorite '60s songs, and it's the first time Rush has ever recorded anything except original music.

Singer Geddy Lee's voice can be as annoying as nails on slate, yet the band has selected songs that actually fit his high pitch, such as the Yardbirds' "Heart Full of Soul" and Buffalo Springfield' s "For What It's Worth" and "Mr. Soul."

While drummer Alex Lifeson and guitarist Neil Peart have a blast with power rockers like "Summertime Blues" and "Crossroads," those numbers don't work as well with Lee's vocals.

Check the last paragraph.... is this guy a jerk***, or what :x Al IS the drummer now..... This mope gave it 2 1/2 stars.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

Well, they say that opinions are like arseholes - everybody's got one.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Slaine mac Roth wrote:Well, they say that opinions are like arseholes - everybody's got one.
I guess we can just take it with a grain of salt... The newspaper this schmuck writes for sucks anyhow.... The NY Post is like reading a tabloid. They wouldn't think twice about putting a story on Britney Spears on the first page, while there's more pressing issues in our world. This is the same piece of crap that had Kerry choosing Gephardt as his running mate. I still can't get over that this monkey had put Al down as the drummer...and Neil as the guitarist... When the hell did that happen??? :lol:
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

I love to send letters to the editor like this....

"I realize it's a review, and the author (Dan Aquilante) is entitled to his own opinion, but if he's going to let his dislike for the band shine thru, at least he should have the facts straight. I'm referring to the article posted at http://www.nypost.com/music/26721.htm where Mr. Aquilante states, "While drummer Alex Lifeson and guitarist Neil Peart have a blast...". Now any rock music fan, much less Rush fans, would know this is wrong, since most rock fans consider Neil Peart to be one of the best, if not the best DRUMMER in the business. So unless some major changes have been made, I think even the mildest music fan would realize that Alex Lifeson is not the drummer, and Neil is not the guitarist. Maybe if Mr. Aquilante paid a bit more attention to detail, he will be able to look back on a successful career after 30+ years."
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

by-tor wrote:I love to send letters to the editor like this....

"I realize it's a review, and the author (Dan Aquilante) is entitled to his own opinion, but if he's going to let his dislike for the band shine thru, at least he should have the facts straight. I'm referring to the article posted at http://www.nypost.com/music/26721.htm where Mr. Aquilante states, "While drummer Alex Lifeson and guitarist Neil Peart have a blast...". Now any rock music fan, much less Rush fans, would know this is wrong, since most rock fans consider Neil Peart to be one of the best, if not the best DRUMMER in the business. So unless some major changes have been made, I think even the mildest music fan would realize that Alex Lifeson is not the drummer, and Neil is not the guitarist. Maybe if Mr. Aquilante paid a bit more attention to detail, he will be able to look back on a successful career after 30+ years."
I really wouldn't have minded it so much if this ass new what the hell he was yakkin' about. I'm used to Rush getting raked over the coals as far as reviews. Thanx By-tor :cool:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Did you send that, By-Tor?
Onward and Upward!
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

awip2062 wrote:Did you send that, By-Tor?
Yep. To the editor of the paper, and the editor of the Entertainment section.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

IMO people like that are just jealous because it isnt them we love so much. They hate the fact that us Rushians are so close, & that Geddy, Neil, & Alex actually like & respect their fans. Also the fact that they succeeded at what they love to do so much.

I have had nightmares about being beaten up for loving Rush, i do not care, even if it did happen, i will always display as much Rush gear as i can proudly. I will keep jamming to them with the windows down as much as possible. I will keep looking for tank tops to show off my Rush Tattoo!
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Gotta luv By-tor :cool:
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Re: Check out this moron in NY...

Post by *Lifesonite »

3 travelers wrote:While drummer Alex Lifeson and guitarist Neil Peart have a blast with power rockers like...
I got a good laugh from that, thanks :-D
3 travelers

Re: Check out this moron in NY...

Post by 3 travelers »

*Lifesonite wrote:
3 travelers wrote:While drummer Alex Lifeson and guitarist Neil Peart have a blast with power rockers like...
I got a good laugh from that, thanks :-D
Even my mother.... who wouldn't know Rush from Tom Jones... knows who plays what.... Frikkin genius that Dan Acquilante is :-D
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

by-tor wrote:
Yep. To the editor of the paper, and the editor of the Entertainment section.
awesome stuff by-tor that kicks ass
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I've long considered Aquilante an absolute idiot. He is arrogant and shallow and goes on the pretense of "hating" the really talented groups like he "knows" more than they do. He loves to hate Rush too.

NY Rush fans have been giving him grief for years and writing letters about his ignorant reviews but, as you can see it does no good, so by-tor's intelligent letter (among a flood of others) mayn't do anything. However with the "drummer" comment this time I think he may truly have been caught with his arrogant, ignorant pants down.

Let's hope.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

omigosh, by-tor that is PRICELESS!! i think we should all write letters to the editors & send them all in at the same time, so that they'll be flooded with RUSH fan emails and have narra a place to put them.

start your engines, people!!

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

I'm tellin ya, happy, there have been CAMPAIGNS against this guy to flood the paper with letters. Nothing. I think he ejoys it. Just that that eejit at Rolling Stone. Like bad attention is at least ATTENTION.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...