All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

D'Anconia

What album got you started on Rush?

Post by D'Anconia »

Moving Pictures for me. After Signals came out I was a Rush nut. :smt020
Regards,
Bri

"...from here in Oregon, where we are far too stupid to dispense our own gasoline." Neil Peart
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

I first heard Rush when I was 11, summer of 1978. My best friend, Daniel (who lives in Buffalo all you western New Yorkers!) played Closer To The Heart for me. I was hooked! Went home and bought everything I could get my hands on. When I finally got Permanent Waves, and I heard Natural Science, it was true love.

But I didn't get to see Rush in concert until Signals, the night before my 16th birthday. Nice gift. :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
funky cm

Post by funky cm »

Signals was my first Rush album. Worked backwards from there, then looked forward to every new release afterwards.
You Bet Your Life

Post by You Bet Your Life »

Test For Echo. Rare stuff in this parts. A friend of mine bought it but thought it was to mediocre to pass in his regiment. :???:

But alas, I have lost the cassete. Melted in my boss' van. :(
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Hemispheres is the culprit here.... I must have been the only 6 year old listening to Rush back then. Now being 32... it's still one of my favourites.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

ATWAS!!!! It had been out a while already but my old boyfriend thought it was a good representation of the band.

I was blown away by the first notes of Bastille Day. It still gives me goosebumps when I hear it. Buying my precious Permanent Waves and Natural Science (like PV) is probably the most precious thing I've bought in my life. :-)

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

First thing I ever heard was Hemispheres and, I must confess, I hated it due to it being a really poor quality copy (no bass, half the guitar, only Neil's cymbals and Geddy's vocals seeming about 3 octaves higher than usual and more static than you used to get on Radio Caroline). However, about three weeks later, my sister bought a copy of 2112 and I was hooked, especially since Spirit of Radio was released afew weeks later.

(Incidentally, once I heard Hemispheres properly, I totally changed my opinion).
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
EndlesslyRocking

Post by EndlesslyRocking »

Moving Pictures for me.

I was in high school at the time, and hadn't really heard anything else of theirs except for The Spirit of Radio. Moving Pictures was one of the very first albums I bought with my own money.
Life in two dimensions is a mass-production scheme...
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Oh my Ged, ER, mine too. It was in my first set of LPs from Columbia House and then I went to see them in concert that year for my first rock gig.
Onward and Upward!
ladirushfan80

Post by ladirushfan80 »

moving pictures was my first ....
i have been hooked...line and sinker ever since!
i remember there was a rock station many moons ago that would play albums in their entirety at 11pm on saturdays.... they would start with one band (lets say...RUSH) and every saturday night, they would play the whole album,and continue this every saturday night until they played all the albums the artist had out.... i made it a point to be there listening....blank tape in hand, ready to record all the albums i could... i may still have one or two of those tapes lurking in the basement..... :happy8:
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

ladirushfan80 wrote:moving pictures was my first ....
i have been hooked...line and sinker ever since!
i remember there was a rock station many moons ago that would play albums in their entirety at 11pm on saturdays.... they would start with one band (lets say...RUSH) and every saturday night, they would play the whole album,and continue this every saturday night until they played all the albums the artist had out.... i made it a point to be there listening....blank tape in hand, ready to record all the albums i could... i may still have one or two of those tapes lurking in the basement..... :happy8:
We re-re-re-meet again Ladi!!! I have one question.... what other things you got lurkin' in the basement??? :twisted:
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

I hope I never find out.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Fridge

Post by Fridge »

ATWAS
Ach, if Dougie was here he'd tell you himself....
Ogg

Post by Ogg »

'Moving Pictures' for me. I travelled backwards in time and delved into 2112 before buying the remainder of the back catalogue. Like some one allready said'and every album on the release date since.
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

the album? Exit, Stage Left. the song? Spirit of Radio. good stuff, man.

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!