Roll call for whoever is going to PNC or RCMH...

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

User avatar
3 travelers
Posts: 2271
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:43 pm
Location: brooklyn, ny

Post by 3 travelers » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:47 am

Augie wrote:Hi 3T,

You look like Mike Piazza in that picture.

Augie
Trust me.... I look nothing of the sort. But thanks anyways... I think. I hate the Mets.... unless they play the Braves. I hate them more
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!

User avatar
Skeleton Crew
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 7:57 am
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by Skeleton Crew » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:01 am

awip2062 wrote:Oh what fun, Skel! Have a blast and let us know how it went.
Camden was a great show.
I found a good group of people in the parking lot to drink with so I was in great shape.
I was in row q of section 104 but was able to get up to the 5th row in front of Alex for the first few songs. Very cool.
It rained on the people on the grass. Bummer.
I can't wait to do it again 2 more times. \m/

User avatar
rushfanfla
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:26 pm
Location: New Jersey - right next to PV

Post by rushfanfla » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:59 am

I'm the newbie here and plan to be at the PNC show thanks to my new friend PV :D Looking forward to meeting everyone - it's a wonderful thing to know that the next two weekends are devoted to seeing them!

Mike

User avatar
3 travelers
Posts: 2271
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:43 pm
Location: brooklyn, ny

Post by 3 travelers » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:24 pm

rushfanfla wrote:I'm the newbie here and plan to be at the PNC show thanks to my new friend PV :D Looking forward to meeting everyone - it's a wonderful thing to know that the next two weekends are devoted to seeing them!

Mike
We really need to get everyone together.... how can we do this? I can't f****** wait!!!!
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!

User avatar
PV
Site Admin
Posts: 4911
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:38 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by PV » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:53 pm

PNC was AWESOME! Fantastic, superb, phenomenal time had by all! Myself, Panacea, Mr Panacea, Kares, 2112X1MBH, TommySL43, and RushFanFL got to the PNC at about 4:30 and stood in the on and off drizzle having some good drink, good food, and good fun until it was time to head on in for the show. We got to hear the soundcheck of Summertime Blues and Bravado and the hootin and hollerin began right there in the parking lot. Damn... They sure did sound good! Despite the arrival of Tropical Storm Charley which dumped quite a bit of rain on the lawn dwellers, the crowds' spirits were NO way dampened. Except for my daughter not being with me for this show as she was for Camden, it was a perfect night!

RushFanFL, it was so great to have you fly up to join us all. Looking forward to seeing you next week in Toronto as well! Just leave your Florida weather home this time. Well, unless it's sunny and in the 80s, okay? :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart

User avatar
Kares4Rush
Posts: 3191
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:31 am
Location: New York

Post by Kares4Rush » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:48 am

Yah, PV is right ON!!! (3T, where WERE you???) I drove down with Tommy and we all tailgaited together and had a blast. Met new friends and "old."

When we went in we split into two groups of 4 (different ticket blocks) and RushfanFL's two friends we met went separately too but the show was FUNFUNFUN!!!! I sat next to 2112x1mbh and we had such fun laughing and singing and chopping down Trees. We had our own "Red Sector A" sector going with the red glo-stick wands that Pan provided (thank you again) with Tommy, 2112x1mbh, myself and RushfanFL. I think we were a bit further back than PV, Pan, etc. and RushfanFL's 2 friends were even further back than us but it didn't matter a whit. It was the BEST!!!

Post show Rush "kudos": Tommy jumped a guy's truck stuck in the parking lot after the show with my car. He also drove us home in the pouring rain as I wasn't quite comfortable with the "feeling" of the new car late at night on the highway in the rain. THANKS AGAIN, TOMMY!! Hoped you liked the Guinness! :lol:
Image

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...

User avatar
3 travelers
Posts: 2271
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:43 pm
Location: brooklyn, ny

Post by 3 travelers » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:06 pm

Kares4Rush wrote:Yah, PV is right ON!!! (3T, where WERE you???) I drove down with Tommy and we all tailgaited together and had a blast. Met new friends and "old."

When we went in we split into two groups of 4 (different ticket blocks) and RushfanFL's two friends we met went separately too but the show was FUNFUNFUN!!!! I sat next to 2112x1mbh and we had such fun laughing and singing and chopping down Trees. We had our own "Red Sector A" sector going with the red glo-stick wands that Pan provided (thank you again) with Tommy, 2112x1mbh, myself and RushfanFL. I think we were a bit further back than PV, Pan, etc. and RushfanFL's 2 friends were even further back than us but it didn't matter a whit. It was the BEST!!!

Post show Rush "kudos": Tommy jumped a guy's truck stuck in the parking lot after the show with my car. He also drove us home in the pouring rain as I wasn't quite comfortable with the "feeling" of the new car late at night on the highway in the rain. THANKS AGAIN, TOMMY!! Hoped you liked the Guinness! :lol:
Totally my bad, Kares... We found a nice spot... put up some tents... and I planted my ass down til showtime. I did venture off but that was when I first got there... about 1:30.
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:37 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:00 pm

DELETED

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:06 pm

DELETED

User avatar
rushfanfla
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:26 pm
Location: New Jersey - right next to PV

Post by rushfanfla » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:49 pm

WOW! What a weekend - I am so glad I made the trip up from FLA!
It was great meeting fellow Rush fans 2112X1MBH, Panacea, Mr Panacea, Kares, TommySL43, and last but certainly not least, the ever so gracious PV who gave me the opportunity to see another great Rush show!

As Kare said earlier there were two groups of us with separate seats but 2112X1MBH, Kares, TommySL43, and I were in the Red Sector having a blast! I don't think I could "learn to resist" going to see shows with this crew - you guys rocked!

And just when you think it can't get any better than last weekend the mecca of shows is almost upon us! Toronto here we come! I will be arriving late Friday night, hopefully without any weather coming with me ( and why is it always me who brings bad weather :( ) You can never blame me for the Noreasters, LOL.

BTW - a little brush with greatness occurred when I went to catch my flight home. I was waiting to board the flight and I saw this older man at the gate wearing a very familiar hat which I recognized immediately. It was none other than the great Bo Diddley, who was taking the next flight from Philadelphia. Can't believe I didn't get a pic!

Mike

User avatar
PV
Site Admin
Posts: 4911
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:38 am
Location: New Jersey

Post by PV » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:01 pm

rushfanfla wrote:BTW - a little brush with greatness occurred when I went to catch my flight home. I was waiting to board the flight and I saw this older man at the gate wearing a very familiar hat which I recognized immediately. It was none other than the great Bo Diddley, who was taking the next flight from Philadelphia. Can't believe I didn't get a pic!
WOW! That's so cool, Mike! And I can't believe you didn't get a picture either!

Sorry for not posting a gathering place, anyone. We all rode up together in my van and met Tommy and Kares there. So there wasn't anything really arranged ahead of time.

On to Toronto everyone! :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart

User avatar
Panacea
Posts: 4393
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:57 am
Location: Southern California

Post by Panacea » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:35 pm

The PNC concert was great fun! :-D The guys played amazingly well (surprised, anyone? ;)) and the company was good. Since my hubby and I flew out from California to see the show (and visit) I am very glad they didn't cancel the show. That would have been terrible for us! :cry:

The impromptu meeting in the parking lot was great fun! We did indeed have some laughs. Unfortunately, PV made me laugh right as I took a drink and I sprayed ginger ale out of my nose! :shock: I shall have to get her back for that one! ;)

Otherwise, the concert and company were amazing! I can't wait to see all the folk gathered at RushCon and at the Toronto concert! :-D

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:14 pm

DELETED

Post Reply