"24 YEARS AGO TODAY FIRST RUSH CONCERT"

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

white-haired uncle

"24 YEARS AGO TODAY FIRST RUSH CONCERT"

Post by white-haired uncle »

HELLO RUSH FANS,

Today was the day i saw RUSH for the first time , 24 years ago at the Philadelphia Spectrum, sept 25th 1980 MOVING PICTURES warm up tour.
where did the years go? this day is also a bitter sweet remembrance for many people, i remember listing to the local radio station that day, and heard something about " world famous drummer dies after drinking contest" of course i thought it was neil. I and many others found out that day "yes" John Bonham legendary drummer from Led Zepplin had died from an apparent heart attack due to alcohol toxicfication. If i remember correctly this happen at Robert Plants house, this was very sad news to lose one of the greatest drummers in rock music.
"There are only failures of character never talent"
My mind shifted back to Rush and i find myself and friends in the Specturm parking for some tailgating and felt so at home hearing all the different Rush songs playing from car stereos and boom boxes. Bytor over there, closer to the heart there, and someone with a very powerful car stereo has 2112 cutting through all. I entered the hall and made to my seat and noticed there where many fans paying tribute to John Bonham with banners and signs (long live Led Zepplin,John Bonham rules ect..) then the beging of 2112 started as the red star floated to the middle of the screen. I can go on for hours about that concert and it was many things :( :lol: 22 shows later, and 24 years since that first concert and rush and i are still around,"just with less hair"
ENDLESSLY ROCKING
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

Wooohoooo!!! :-D

Hell yeah dude...welcome to the forum! I first saw them on the VT tour (hey I'm young) and it was so awesome I HAD to see them again and traveled for miles just to see them again in another state...now this tour I saw them 4x (all I could afford unfortunately) shit I am basicly like a deadhead but follows Rush instead LOL :-D I had the most incredible concert experiences this tour that have only deeped my love of Rush...I could go on and on...

Xan :-D
We're all mad here!
Slaine mac Roth

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

You got to see them just over a year before I did - with me it was Novermber 1981 at Wembley on the Exit...Stahe left Tour. At the time I was 14 and had spent the entire three months since I got my ticket bouncing off the walls.

The day of the gig was bloody cold as we left Mansfield at about 9am to catch the coach to London. After a day walking around, we made our way on the Tube to Wembley and got into the queue. As soon as the doors opened, they was a mass charge and a large display of Rush album covers was torn down (I remember getting the ESL one).

Your description of the opening with 2112 matches mine.

I've still got my greensleeved shirt from that gig. Alas I'm no longer able to wear it as its more holes than shirt (a sucession of ex-girlfriends used to pinch it to wear as a nightshirt and the material was very soft) so it has been safely placed in the bottom of a drawer.

Seeing Rush for the first time is something no-one ever forgets.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
happysmilies007

Post by happysmilies007 »

happy anniversary! :-D :-D

carolynn :evil:
"What do I do when we're not taping? Sit in a dark room and refine my plans for someday ruling Earth from a blimp. And chess." --Ryan Stiles .. brought to you by the letter 3!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yay!!!! And Welcome! :D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
schuette

Post by schuette »

June the 11th 1980 for me...the Permanent Waves Tour :-D

and welcome :-D