my 2 cents

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

You think THIS is a soap? You shoulda been at CP this weekend!!! :-D :shock:
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I keep telling H that life at By-tor is like being in high school.
Onward and Upward!
barney_rebel

Post by barney_rebel »

How offensive is my avatar 8)

I got a bunch more - wanna see?
He's a rebel and a runner
He's a signal turning green
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

LOL Barney!!! :-D
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Oh my! It looks like some serious soap action was happening! :shock: I gotta say we love you lots, and are glad you will always be a part of our By-Tor family. :-D
Enchantment falls around me and I know I cannot leave...
rushlight

Post by rushlight »

Soup4Rush wrote:What has spilled into other threads that is so questionable?? They are just saying how they feel about each other. I for one do not see a problem with that...

I can understand they feel so strongly about one another. But if they go into someone else's thread that is talking about something or someone so dear to them and suddenly they talk about the love they have for one another then that is pushing the original topic out of the way.
Tracy is a great gal. I like her avatar. I have something like that myself but it is in a frame in my room. (hee hee) :-) But you have your own love threads. I hope this isn't offending you Trace.
I love my Welshman.
Mithrandir

Post by Mithrandir »

neilpeart_gal wrote:You think THIS is a soap? You shoulda been at CP this weekend!!! :-D :shock:
what did happen??? i got banned without warning...pretty bush league if you ask me...
schuette

Post by schuette »

What a fucking lot has happened when I'm away for a day! First of all I dont care what thread it is but nearly everyone has lost it's original topic...we end up talking about something else then something else....
I mean jings why you not all cracking up at the way I can fucking swear at times! That's okai, it's seemingly okai to swear that's not offensive...or if you do find it offensive and you've just not said anything about it ..dont bother now cuz I dont give a fuck and I aint gonna change.
So anyway..swearing and all the other bullshit is allowed but 2 ppl, who are in love, dare to mention it in another thread then woah...is that witch hunt I hear in the background...
If you dont want to read the 'mush' then ...come on ...you know within a couple of words what the post is about and you skip it....
you know I thought 'freedom of speech' meant something to you...and yeah I know myg you're Canadian and I dont know if you using that saying....but like me I thought 'freedom' would mean something to you..
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I know what freedom is... I saw Braveheart...
Happy 2015!
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

schuette wrote:but like me I thought 'freedom' would mean something to you..
my idea of freedom is much different than your own, i beleive God's law upheld to the most extreme degrees, new and old, for both are very valuable, to live in such a place, would be freedom.
Yes this is no such place, but my opinions will still reflect this freedom.
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

I guess I'm a little confused here.... :? I thought SMD's original complaint was that he didn't like having to see the naked avatar when he visited threads. :? I thought he said it was easy enough to avoid the pics posted in the romance thread (Though he didn't like that thread--whatever! What's wrong with a little romance? Avoid it if you don't like it, SMD! :P ) but as an avatar, it kept popping up everywhere and made him uncomfortable. I can understand that. :oops:

I didn't see anyplace where he wanted the two broken up or didn't want them to be happy, or where they were considered unwelcome at By-tor. :? I also didn't see anyplace where a person's freedom of speech was an issue. It's one thing to say you don't like someone's romance popping up in various unrelated threads (ged over it, SMD!) but I don't remember contesting a person's right to say it.

Did I miss something? :? To me, it all boils down to what should have been handled in a PM (like someone said earlier) but perhaps SMD didn't think of that. Doh!
Devil's Advocate

Post by Devil's Advocate »

schuette wrote:What a fucking lot has happened when I'm away for a day! First of all I dont care what thread it is but nearly everyone has lost it's original topic...we end up talking about something else then something else....
You're right - but when they so vigorously defend their threads against anything off-topic, I think it's only fair that they keep that particular subject within those threads. If they're gonna object to off-topic posts, then... well, I hesitate to use the h-word, but it is somewhat hypocritical to go OT themselves in other threads, and it's all the more objectionable that the subject to which they invariably digress is the very same subject of their own stoutly-defended threads.
neilpeart_gal

Post by neilpeart_gal »

You know what, THIS topic has gone off topic!! LOL And hey guess what, I'm not the one who took it off topic!!!

I'm about sick of all of this. An avatar showing a couple kissing. No more skin exposed on it than I've seen Shania Twain wear in videos. Now that is offensive. Right, ok.

Us talking about love in threads besides our own. Offensive too. Right, got it. I hate to mention it, but I do seem to recall that Rushlight and DA have done that too. But I guess their love story isn't as offensive as ours.

Rest assured that we won't mention our love again to anyone outside of our own threads. We sure would hate to hit on strongly held beliefs of yours where we can only talk about goofiness or hate.

I suppose that means everyone would prefer I edited my signature, too, since it mentions us and has two emotes dancing gleefully. :roll:

I'm taking a self imposed break from this board. I'll nod in for PMs every now and then, and to post in me and Chas' offending threads, but the rest? What's the point when everything we do seems to offend?

Enjoy yourselves, mateys.
Panacea

Post by Panacea »

Hey! :shock: Nobody said you can't talk about love and all that! Your threads are NOT offensive, ok? One person mentioned he didn't like the skin showing in Chas' avatar, but that doesn't mean the whole board doesn't want you to show your love for each other! Feel free to talk about your love any day of the week! Also, I think your little emotes are adorable! :-D Please stay?
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

This is so cool!!! All this melodrama and for once I am neither the cause, nor the source of it!!! :-D *does a little happy dance*
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?