F**K THEM PANSIES ALEX....

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Xanadu wrote:Wait a minute if Alex was illegally arrested and all, shouldn't he make sure the bastards are punnished? I mean the more WE THE PEOPLE let the "authorities" get away with shit the more shit they'll dish out!!!

Around here its illegal to build a fence completely around your yard due to a new code...and fucking SUBSERVILE BRAINWASHED FUCKS that call themselves Americans don't even raise a fucking eyebrow!!! What is wrong with this picture?

:x :x :x :x :x :x
I agree with you 100% Xan.. I guess most of us just thought he was going to move on with his life is all. I just hope this does not turn ugly for him.
Happy 2015!
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

I say.... toss that bitch cop down the steps again just for good measure!!! :razz: :twisted:
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Immortal for a Ltd Time

Post by Immortal for a Ltd Time »

This is from Rush.com - Alex's official statement:

"In like a lion, out like a lamb. These words appeared in a Naples Daily News editorial on April 27, describing the outcome of the criminal charges against my family and myself. After fifteen months of living in fear and anxiety, and the enormous physical and emotional toll that it took from all of us, the prosecution?s case began to crumble as the truth emerged and witnesses came forward to expose the behavior of these Collier County Sheriff?s Deputies and certain employees of the Ritz Carlton, a resort hotel reputed to be one of the finest in the world.

As that part of this ordeal came to a close, I thought to myself that more than anything, I wanted to get my life back on track. I thought I could accept the fact that I was punched in the face so hard it ripped the cartilage from my nose, fracturing the bone and shattering my septum. I thought I could accept the incredibly painful nasal surgery and weeks of recovery, and the discomfort I feel every night when I go to sleep. I thought I could accept the fact that I was Tasered six times, twice while lying face down in a growing pool of my own blood, and so severely that it burned bloody holes in my back. I thought I could accept watching my son get electrocuted numerous times as well, and erase the memory of his screams of pain and terror. I thought I could accept being imprisoned for two days without a phone call for over fourteen hours. I thought I could accept the innuendo of those who don?t know me and believed I was just some spoiled, drunken rock star. I thought I could accept watching my daughter-in-law, through a crack in the prison door, as tears streamed down her face because she was unlawfully jailed and separated from her two months old son. I thought I could accept the deep depression my wife, the woman I love without measure and who shares my soul, struggled through for months, fearing for her husband and son?what was I thinking?

Out like a lamb. All of that for nothing. All because of the bitterness of a few Ritz Carlton hotel employees on the most festive night of the year and their incredibly discourteous, arrogant and aggressive behavior of which I had never experienced in thirty years of travel. All because of three confrontational, intimidating, enraged deputies who wouldn?t even consider dialogue, who were so quick to reach for their Tasers and handcuffs when no crime was committed. All because of a prosecutors? office blind to the reality of instances of excessive force by police and the horrendous destruction of innocent lives forever changed?what were they thinking?

In like a lion. The legal action we are embarking on now will hopefully bring attention to the fact that people cannot and should not be treated this way. I was fortunate to have the resources and will to fight to the end, but there are many who don?t and they will forever suffer from the forced compromise of an unfair plea bargain or the threat of sentencing guidelines that demand imprisonment, that hang over one?s head like the sword of Damocles. If some good is to come of this, then let it be that the actions of a tiny minority of aggressive, Taser wielding police officers don?t tarnish the reputation of the vast majority of officers who proudly serve their communities with honor and sacrifice. I sincerely believe they deserve our utmost respect, but respect is something that must be earned and not demanded with a closed fist or an electrifying weapon?that?s what I?m thinking. "

I had mixed feelings when I first read about the lawsuit, but after reading this, and that the police tasered Alex while he was face down on the ground, makes me feel that this is a just suit. Nobody should be treated that way!
I was lined up for glory, but the tickets sold out in advance
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yes, Imm. I agree. I just hope good comes of it.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

me too
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ok. It boils down to one thing, and one thing only............... Responcibility.

First..... Don't forget, I love Rush!!!!!

Justin, and Justin alone is the one who invaded the bandstand, he alone is at fault. Alex, as any good father did EXACTLY what I would have done, back up my (his) kid. Shit happened that NO ONE on either side liked.....Oh well. Had Justin not done what he did, good intentions or not, it would have NEVER HAPPENED.

Note to all who I just pissed off: I have been playing in clubs now for 19 years, and we don't let people on our stage without being invited up. All others get a guitar in their necks!!!

I, and I alone, think that Justin pulled the (I am Alex Lifeson's kid, and I can do what I want card.) Just because you are born into fame gives you no right to do things. Granted they all probably never thought it would have escellated to where it did, but oh well, it did. The whole thing sucks. Period.............................. *Hairball steps off his soap box now*
This space for rent
Grandpa Grizz

Post by Grandpa Grizz »

So you're saying that because Justin got on the stage it was okay for the police to torture him and Alex with multiple taser hits? I don't think so.

The police were clearly out of control, and overstepping their ability to use force. Alex has every right to sue them, and the hotel security manager as well, who should not have called the cops in the first place.

They use tasers on children in Florida. WTF?
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I agree with Hairy... I just did not have the balls to say it before him. If Justin would not have gotten on to that stage nothing would have ever happened. Alex did nothing wrong as he was just defending his kid. I am sure on New Years Eve and this being at a party, alchohol was probably a factor and we have all probably did things we are not proud of while under the influence. That however does not justify the beating Alex took. What Hairy (and now I) is saying is that Justin is probably to blame and the simple fact that his father is a musician should been enough for him to say to himself "I don't belong on this stage" but as we all know alchohol has a way of clouding our good judgement... I am just glad no one was killed. I am sure Alex and his attorneys know what they are doing, but if I was Alex I would have taken Justin out behind the woodshed. I just hope this turns out OK for Alex and he can move past all of this and get back to doing what he does best.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Grandpa Grizz wrote:So you're saying that because Justin got on the stage it was okay for the police to torture him and Alex with multiple taser hits? I don't think so.

The police were clearly out of control, and overstepping their ability to use force. Alex has every right to sue them, and the hotel security manager as well, who should not have called the cops in the first place.

They use tasers on children in Florida. WTF?
Grizz............... Woah hoss!

1st of all, I love Rush.
2nd...I in no way said because Justin got on the stage it was ok for the police to torture him and Alex with multiple taser hits. I said,"Justin, and Justin alone is the one who invaded the bandstand, he alone is at fault."
"Had Justin not done what he did, good intentions or not, it would have NEVER HAPPENED." "Granted they all probably never thought it would have escellated to where it did, but oh well, it did. The whole thing sucks. Period."
The Police have a job to do, when they respond to a call they HAVE to respond. Excessive force is an issue in itself, now, in the video age cops have to tread very lightly in certain senerios. I think it sucks that Al and Justin got tasered, once or 500 times. But, when asked to un ass the stage, Justin refused, got verbally abusive, and that caused hotel security to call the police. Alex, being a good father, backed his kid. Obviously, Justin was still being a jerk when the cops got there. I can only assume he continued and when the cops removed him he became increasingly combattive. THERE YOU GO. Police DEFENCE.

If I was a cop, I am not, I would have subdued him with exactly what it would have taken to do the job. In my military training many moons ago they called it "Use of deadly force." This in a nut shell means if your target has a knife, use a gun. If your target has a gun, use a grenade. I'm sure police have a similar training. If cop 1 grabbed Justin, and it was not enough to get Justin to the floor, enter cop 2. Alex seeing 2 police on his son, struggling, he probably went in to help, enter cops 3 and 4. And so on. If they are now in a combat posture, then steps have to be taken.

Look Grizz, I know you are passionate about Rush, or you would not be here. We all are. Yes it sucks that it happened.

I can't call it torture........ I can call it stupidity, on Justins part.

Hotel security did the right thing calling the police. They legally can't touch you. They obviously could not control Justin, He had no right to be on the bandstand, unless invited there. He was not, then refused to leave.

Not the actions of a rational sober person. More like a drunken brat that got his bell, and his fathers bell rung for being, well, a dumb ass.

Sorry we don't see eye to eye on this, but hopefully, we can groove with Rush elsewhere on the board.

Rush on G G......................... your friendly neighborhood Walkinghairball.

I have not heard a thing about them using tasers on children in Florida, elaborate please.
This space for rent
Grandpa Grizz

Post by Grandpa Grizz »

Walkinghairball wrote:
Sorry we don't see eye to eye on this, but hopefully, we can groove with Rush elsewhere on the board.

Rush on G G......................... your friendly neighborhood Walkinghairball.

I have not heard a thing about them using tasers on children in Florida, elaborate please.
Absolutely, we are brothers in Rush. :headbang: And things get contentious on my home board, so no problem. It just makes us all stronger, and expands our understanding. So, Peace, Brother. :tongue3:

Just this week an inebriated 13-year-old girl was tasered in a Naples hospital when she "attacked" two nurses. And at least two people have died in Collier County after being tasered. The coroners, of course, blamed drugs in the systems of the victims.

Google News for "taser naples."
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I wonder how many good cops have died in the line of duty defending themselves against intoxicated people? :?
Happy 2015!
Grandpa Grizz

Post by Grandpa Grizz »

Is it likely that Justin or Alex would have killed one of those cops? No.

You guys are not really discussing the issue. Justin and Alex were unneccesarily brutalized by a gang of thug cops (yes they do exist) and Alex is sueing them for their wrongful, illegal acts. Simple as that.

What would you do? Just lie down and say "I deserve whatever these fiends want to do to me?"
Walkinghairball

Grandpa Grizz wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:

Absolutely, we are brothers in Rush. :headbang: And things get contentious on my home board, so no problem. It just makes us all stronger, and expands our understanding. So, Peace, Brother. :tongue3:

Just this week an inebriated 13-year-old girl was tasered in a Naples hospital when she "attacked" two nurses. And at least two people have died in Collier County after being tasered. The coroners, of course, blamed drugs in the systems of the victims.

Google News for "taser naples."
Still boils down to individuals being responsible for their own actions. I wonder what or where the PARENTS of the kids were in their lives.

Just like the Columbine kids, or suicide bombers, or whatever. Too bad people just can't leave people alone.

Oh well, we still have Rush!!!!
This space for rent
Walkinghairball

Grandpa Grizz wrote:Is it likely that Justin or Alex would have killed one of those cops? No.

You guys are not really discussing the issue. Justin and Alex were unneccesarily brutalized by a gang of thug cops (yes they do exist) and Alex is sueing them for their wrongful, illegal acts. Simple as that.

What would you do? Just lie down and say "I deserve whatever these fiends want to do to me?"
No, we are, you are just not hearing any of our side. *Sigh* Seems really easy to pull the "Victim "card when it suits people. You are right Grizz, Alex should be able to put every cop on the planet in a line and shoot them fucking dead. There, that is exactly what I am hearing from you, have I paraphrased it correctly? Damn dude, it is shitty Alex got crispy in Naples, I hate it too, whatever, I'm talkin to the wall.

And would I lie down and take it ? ..................... Absofukkinlutely NOT. But I know how to drink like a responsible adult.
This space for rent