Rock Never Stops Tour

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

by-tor

Rock Never Stops Tour

Post by by-tor »

Last night I went to see the Rock Never Stops Tour featuring Firehouse, Quiet Riot, Ratt and Cinderella. While the show was interesting to say the least, the drummer for Cinderella did about a 5 minute solo. The first and last 30 seconds of the solo I have never heard before, but the rest of it was clearly taken from parts of Neil's solo's over the years. After the show, we were all getting autographs, and I mentioned to the drummer that his solo was "interesting". He looks at me and says, "You could hear Neil Peart in it, huh?" (I was wearing a FBN t-shirt). When I first heard it, I was kind of upset that he was 'stealing' from Neil, but we ended up talking for about 45 minutes, and he turns out to be as big of a Rush fan as any of us on here.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Fred rocks By-tor, I got to hang with him and Tom in Hawaii at the Jazz Cellar for a few after they played the Blaisedale Arena. Were they still chuckin the Les Paul's across the stage?
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Walkinghairball wrote:Fred rocks By-tor, I got to hang with him and Tom in Hawaii at the Jazz Cellar for a few after they played the Blaisedale Arena. Were they still chuckin the Les Paul's across the stage?
I saw Metalica and Dio at Blaisedale.. Huh small world??
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Did you ever go to the Jazz Celler Soupy?
This space for rent
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

Walkinghairball wrote:Fred rocks By-tor, I got to hang with him and Tom in Hawaii at the Jazz Cellar for a few after they played the Blaisedale Arena. Were they still chuckin the Les Paul's across the stage?
Yeah, the other guitarist (Jeff I think his name is) would lob his guitar to a roadie everytime he switched guitars or left the stage (the roadie almost dropped it once). Another cool thing is that for his acoustic stuff, he was using an Omega Concern stand.
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Alex rocks!
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

I tell you, Cinderella sure put on a good show. Ratt I never saw in their prime, but my band did open for them about 5 years ago in Couer'd Alene Idaho, at the Cotton Club. Blottzer and De Martini were the only origional members. Jon Corabbi and Jizzy Pearl and some dude on Bass were the rest of em. Cool show. We opened for Amsterdam who opened for an all girl AC/DC tribute band "Helles Belles" then RATT.
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Walkinghairball wrote:Did you ever go to the Jazz Celler Soupy?
I actually was arrested right in front of the Jazz cellar. open container in a car(bottle of Jack between my legs) delinquincy of a minor (she said she was 21) and concealed weapon. HPD went pretty light on me, but the Navy hammered me. I did not know you could do that many things with a toothbrush :shock: There was also a warehouse, the name escapes me but it was just an empty warehouse with some risers. I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers there before they were big, I think the ticket was like $5 and I also saw the Dead Milkmen there. They were cool. also I was front row for A Flock of Seagulls at the Wave. Their bass player was this huge black guy and he rocked. Yeah go ahead and laugh at me but the Flock really put on a great show.
Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

I wish I ended up going at Mohegan Sun, so I could have heard the solo.
I almost went, but changed my mind.
Interesting.
Walkinghairball

Soup4Rush wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Did you ever go to the Jazz Celler Soupy?
I actually was arrested right in front of the Jazz cellar. open container in a car(bottle of Jack between my legs) delinquincy of a minor (she said she was 21) and concealed weapon. HPD went pretty light on me, but the Navy hammered me. I did not know you could do that many things with a toothbrush :shock: There was also a warehouse, the name escapes me but it was just an empty warehouse with some risers. I saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers there before they were big, I think the ticket was like $5 and I also saw the Dead Milkmen there. They were cool. also I was front row for A Flock of Seagulls at the Wave. Their bass player was this huge black guy and he rocked. Yeah go ahead and laugh at me but the Flock really put on a great show.
I wonder if the warehouse was the old Club Harliquin? That place had more black light per square inch than Studio 54.
My old 1st. Sergeant retired right before I E.T.S'ed. and is a HPD motor cycle cop....... Toothbrush, what a riot........... They all say they are 21 Soup, even when they are 40. :razz:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Toothbrush? :shock: I don't think I want to know.

Soup, you shoulda come here when Flock played. Real smal venue, you coulda gotten right up there again. But, nooooooooooooooooooo, you wouldn't come. Too 'fraid of the duct tape. *sigh* Your loss.
Onward and Upward!