31 Years Ago - The Day History Changed.

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Slaine mac Roth

31 Years Ago - The Day History Changed.

Post by Slaine mac Roth »

The date: August 14, 1974
the Place: Pittsburgh Civic Arena
the Event: Uriah Heep in concert supported by Rush

What was so special: Neil Peart's first gig with Rush.

Think I may listen to my boot of the gig today.
'Do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?'
Grandpa Grizz

Post by Grandpa Grizz »

Good idea. I have that boot too. \:D/
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

Grandpa Grizz wrote:Good idea. I have that boot too. \:D/

You hackers are a riot. You guys make me laugh :-D :-D
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yay! I was at the PNC Art Center concert last August 14 for a WHOPPING show!!!

Geddy announced that the date was, indeed the REAL 30th Anniversary. (Didn't make the concert more "special" than any of the others...he was just being the consummate host he is engaging the crowd)

That was such a great concert even if I was up with a nosebleed. :-D

Met PV, Panacea, their wonderful "significants" also Tommy and--darn I forget his name but he was a doll! Also the wonderful 2112x1mbh. All from this board. What a day! :-D

On a more "icky" note I remember August 14, 2003 was the day we were all in a blackout sweating on the sidewalk for 14 hours! :shock:

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
3 travelers

Post by 3 travelers »

Kares4Rush wrote:Yay! I was at the PNC Art Center concert last August 14 for a WHOPPING show!!!

Geddy announced that the date was, indeed the REAL 30th Anniversary. (Didn't make the concert more "special" than any of the others...he was just being the consummate host he is engaging the crowd)

That was such a great concert even if I was up with a nosebleed. :-D

Met PV, Panacea, their wonderful "significants" also Tommy and--darn I forget his name but he was a doll! Also the wonderful 2112x1mbh. All from this board. What a day! :-D

On a more "icky" note I remember August 14, 2003 was the day we were all in a blackout sweating on the sidewalk for 14 hours! :shock:
That's right babe... I was at PNC 8/14/04... also 8/19 at RCMH....

For the blackout.... I had been on vacation. We had decided that we would come to New Jersey (jersey City actually) and go to the mall to do some shopping for the kiddies. The mall is attached to my building where I work, so my son and daughter wanted to come up and see Daddy's home away from home.

Wouldn't ya freakin know it... we are just about to enter the PATH train which was to go back to Manhattan when all hell broke loose. So now myself,my wife, my mother,and my 2 kids are stranded.... IN FUGGIN JERSEY!!!!.... We wound up walking to this area called Exchange Place which is about a 10 minute walk from where I am and waited for 3 hours on a line just to get a ticket to a ferry boat back to Manhattan. Then we had to wait for a boat to take us.

Once we were finally back in Manhattan... around ground zero... it was time to wait for a bus to go back to my native Brooklyn. Only that there were no dang bus going to Brooklyn, but Staten Island only... which is across a huge bridge from Brooklyn.

So here we are now in Staten Island (the fugga is sinkin' ya know!!) and we had to wait for another bus that was going into Brooklyn. We finally get back to the neighborhood in total pitch darkness to walk the final long ass blocks to the house. I would say that from the time the lights went out,till the time we got home.... we had to be lurking aboot for somewhere in the area of 8 hours.

Then to sit in the house with no light... and no AC....

The kids were awesome throughout the whole ordeal, while I had in the neighborhood of 6 coronaries.... 14 seizures.... a few minor strokes... and about 200 aneurysyms.....

FUN SHIT......

I'm all better now ....... :-D :-D
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Yah, that day was stinko, 3T. Sitting on the filthy pavement outside Grand Central sweating from 2:30 in the afternoon to 4:30 the next morning (mostly in the dark--no food, water or potty) waiting for DIESEL Trains to come down from upstate to take 80,000 people home on three trains!!!

Finally got home at sunup, poured myself a drink and passed out.

hee hee. I'm better now too and can laugh at some of the "Kumbaya" and "Play Freebird" stories, though. My walkman and Verizon penlight as well as a Nutrigrain bar made me a VERY popular girl that night! :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Man, and I get pissed when I have to shave.

Sorry guy's, I gotta be me. :-D
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Bro, I think we should stay right here in Washington.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Yeah, Volcano's and Ice Storms. :razz:
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I hear the Seattle Storm got into the playoffs.
Onward and Upward!