A Farewell to Kings

All Rush, all the time

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Lamneth

A Farewell to Kings

Post by Lamneth »

When I first heard this song, I didn't know what to think. The intro sounded promising, but the rest was disappointing, I thought. But now I like it. I like the lyrics as well, but don't quite understand what they are about. Has anybody figured that out, the central theme?
"I'm really just a phony but forgive me 'cause I'm stoned"- Frank Zappa, "Who Needs the Peace Corps?"
moYrseYcZode

Post by moYrseYcZode »

They are talking about the great immoralities and corruption that are becoming more and more common as time goes on and as civilization advances. Then they go on to say that these corrupt ones are passing it on to the innocent youth, and, in turn, this magnifies the problems. Basically, instead of basing decisions on the matters of the heart, society has reverted to their inner greed and to their pockets to make the decisions for them. Of course, the lyrics present the song in a kind of medieval tone, but the song refers to civilization in general.

Hey, nice to meet you, by the way :-D !
I see, and then I drool...

Lamneth

Post by Lamneth »

moYrseYcZode wrote:They are talking about the great immoralities and corruption that are becoming more and more common as time goes on and as civilization advances. Then they go on to say that these corrupt ones are passing it on to the innocent youth, and, in turn, this magnifies the problems. Basically, instead of basing decisions on the matters of the heart, society has reverted to their inner greed and to their pockets to make the decisions for them. Of course, the lyrics present the song in a kind of medieval tone, but the song refers to civilization in general.

Hey, nice to meet you, by the way :-D !
Thanks, you too. :D Thanx for the explanation. 8)
"I'm really just a phony but forgive me 'cause I'm stoned"- Frank Zappa, "Who Needs the Peace Corps?"
moYrseYcZode

Post by moYrseYcZode »

No prob :-D !

Middle Kingdom

Post by Middle Kingdom »

That's a great synopsis of the song.
Now I gotta listen to it again.
moYrseYcZode

Post by moYrseYcZode »

Yeah, it really is a pretty damn good song. I also especially love Xanadu and Cygnus X-1 on that album. As a matter of fact, that whole album kicks ass :-D ! The only song that I don't care too much for is Cinderella Man.

Ogg

Post by Ogg »

Hi there Inspector Morse, how are the white socks and sandals mate? :-D
schuette

Post by schuette »

please morse....dont say you wear white socks and sandals :shock:
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

He even posted a pic that proved it. :-D
This space for rent
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

leave that poor guy alone. He told you why. :razz: besides why are white socks with sandals so bad, I would think that an ankle sock with the Jesus type sandals should be OK, you barely see the sock. Now black knee socks with sandals would be awful. and no I don't wear socks with my sandals, although I wish society would allow it, as I hate wearing shoes without socks. :-)
Happy 2015!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

I just finished working up "Closer to the Heart" off of AFTK...sweet song to play, but man, that intro WILL work the fingers alright! sweeeeet....

now...if I could only get that tone under control :shock:
Don't start none...won't be none.
moYrseYcZode

Post by moYrseYcZode »

Ogg wrote:Hi there Inspector Morse, how are the white socks and sandals mate? :-D
What's up everyone :-D !

Why must you make fun of my fashion sense, Ogg? You are making me sad :( .

So, Ogg, what made you decide to call me Inspector Morse? Just curious :-) .

Yes, Shu, I wore socks with sandals ON VACATION in Europe. I knew I would be scorned for that photo! Look in the forum "Pics of us" and you will understand the logic behind it...like Soup said (thnx Soup :-D )...

Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

anytime buddy. Don't worry bout these guys. They are housebroken and mostly harmless, cept Schu.. :-D :razz:
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

hey I only shit on the carpet that once :razz:
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

I forgot about that :razz: :-D
Happy 2015!