INDIGESTION 2008...t & Zed approved

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Maybe it is that not everybody thinks it was him that kept us safe. Not sayin' I feel this way, but many people think that the loss of life, both American and all others in Iraq is a tragedy that could have been avoided, or at least lessened, and only adds to the horribility that was 911. What did blasting into Iraq have to do with keeping US safe after 911? Wrong country. Wrong leader. Just distraction and devastation, but not a good enough show to keep everyone clamoring to praise Bush as a protector. And 12 Billion dollars per month to keep it all going? That is dangerous in my opinion. Now the war is down in the 9% important to the U.S. to the 70% importance or whatever it is according the the peeps of the U.S.

Some of us didn't feel safe for a moment of the last 8 years, while others apparently felt rather secure.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote: tread lightly there Zed....You're implying that Bush did his job.

Liberals hate that. :shock: :lol:

I am implying he did PART of his job- nothing more, nothing less.
Fair 'nuff.
I am not trying to start a shitstorm here. Christ, this election did a good enough job of that.

Aren't you and I American citizens? Not Democrat, or Republican, but first and foremost citizens? I see you as a brother of mine as we are both from the same country- not from a red, blue, white, gray, green state.

If we got rid of the party system in the damn country and worked towards making this a better place- we wouldn't have all this damn mudslinging.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
I am implying he did PART of his job- nothing more, nothing less.
Fair 'nuff.
I am not trying to start a shitstorm here. Christ, this election did a good enough job of that.

Aren't you and I American citizens? Not Democrat, or Republican, but first and foremost citizens? I see you as a brother of mine as we are both from the same country- not from a red, blue, white, gray, green state.

If we got rid of the party system in the damn country and worked towards making this a better place- we wouldn't have all this damn mudslinging.
Careful! You may hurt your "patriot" status! :lol:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Now the war is down in the 9% important to the U.S. to the 70% importance or whatever it is according the the peeps of the U.S.
I respect that opinion, but keep in mind that more peeps died in Chicago last year than in Iraq. It's almost over.
Don't start none...won't be none.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote: Fair 'nuff.

Careful! You may hurt your "patriot" status! :lol:
I am an American, first and foremost.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Smiley alert! Jus' kidd'n, man.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Smiley alert! Jus' kidd'n, man.
I know. :cool:

My vision of what we could make this country is nothing but a pipedream- I am too idealistic.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL BBO's is a pipedream, too! As is Xanny's and....lololol
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:Now the war is down in the 9% important to the U.S. to the 70% importance or whatever it is according the the peeps of the U.S.
I respect that opinion, but keep in mind that more peeps died in Chicago last year than in Iraq. It's almost over.
Chicago or the war in Iraq? :lol:
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote:
Iraq Bro. Chicagoans have been killing each other for decades.

Now I'm starting to wonder if BHO bought the presidency...

I'm slowly creeping into conspiracy mode....I think I need a tastybreak.

Later y'all.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

CygnusX1 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
CygnusX1 wrote: I respect that opinion, but keep in mind that more peeps died in Chicago last year than in Iraq. It's almost over.
Iraq Bro. Chicagoans have been killing each other for decades.
That's just the way their communities have been organized. :lol:
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Look. If Obama screws up like Bush did or proves to not be what he has been built up to be I'll be one of the first to take him to the woodshed for it. I won't put my credibility at risk for a party or individual like a Limbaugh or Pelosi, etc. Scandal and lies from the left right now will be much worse to me than that from the right. I'm almost used to that after these eight dismal years.

The race has been won. How 'bout we just move on into the future now?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote: That's just the way their communities have been organized. :lol:
no doubt Elf! hahahaha

But seriously, Obama organized the hell out of his "election" community.

No argument there.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Big Blue Owl wrote:Look. If Obama screws up like Bush did or proves to not be what he has been built up to be I'll be one of the first to take him to the woodshed for it. I won't put my credibility at risk for a party or individual like a Limbaugh or Pelosi, etc. Scandal and lies from the left right now will be much worse to me than that from the right. I'm almost used to that after these eight dismal years.

Anybody feelin' me on this?
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Big Blue Owl wrote:
Big Blue Owl wrote:Look. If Obama screws up like Bush did or proves to not be what he has been built up to be I'll be one of the first to take him to the woodshed for it. I won't put my credibility at risk for a party or individual like a Limbaugh or Pelosi, etc. Scandal and lies from the left right now will be much worse to me than that from the right. I'm almost used to that after these eight dismal years.

Anybody feelin' me on this?
*raises hand*