Are you satisfied...

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Im a diabetic, nuff said.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

there's sugar-free candy out there! :)
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

So are you satisfied is the question right????

I have never met anyone that was 100% satisfied with life in general.

Parts of it, well yeah.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Walkinghairball wrote:So are you satisfied is the question right????

I have never met anyone that was 100% satisfied with life in general.

Parts of it, well yeah.
Humans are never 100% satisfied. And that's a good thing, because it drives us to progress. From the article it looked like the question was multiple choice:
The Harris Poll of more than 1,000 people reported the overall "satisfaction" level, defined as people who said they were either very or somewhat satisfied with their lot, was up 4 percentage points, from 90 percent two years ago.
So there was a very satisfied answer, a somewhat saitisfied answer, and probably two below that.

There was also the, "Are you more satisfied with your life than you were five years ago?" question.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Lots of sugar free stuff has more carbs in them than regular stuff. Peanutbutter cups for example, it is better for me to eat reeses than the it is to eat the sugar free. it is the carbs we count most now days, compare a few labels, youd be surprised.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

NO! Twelve Rush shows and the closest I have been is 10 rows back, just once I'd like to be able to get front row.
T4EFAN

Post by T4EFAN »

I'm not satisfied with my life and I never will be.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Hmmm...
The following are facts about persons defined as "poor" by the Census Bureau, taken from various gov?ernment reports:

-Forty-three percent of all poor households actu?ally own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.

-Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.

-Only 6 percent of poor households are over?crowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.

-The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)

-Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.

-Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.

-Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.

-Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.
That was from Robert Rector of the Heritage Foundation. And it ticked me off! All this time I thought I was doing fine and now I come to find out that I'm poor! :lol:
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That is poor?!?! :shock:

I'd like a definition of "poor" please.
Onward and Upward!