Guitarists' Thread

Music outside of Rush

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 am

CygnusX1 wrote: I discovered that after wearing the "chrome plating" off the left side of the
bridge (due to resting my pick hand palm on the bridge) that the floating
bridge actually looks to be made of copper. Interesting.

At least it has that "worn" look now. Eat your heart out Gibson. lol
And you would have paid big bucks for Gibson to do that to your guitar for you :lol:

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:52 am

YYZ30 wrote:And you would have paid big bucks for Gibson to do that to your guitar for you :lol:
Exactly! :shock: :lol:
Don't start none...won't be none.

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 am

Parts are in!

Waiting to order the pickup....

User avatar
ElfDude
Posts: 11084
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills
Contact:

Post by ElfDude » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:25 am

Still Carvin crazy after all these years. :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Image

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:09 am

ElfDude wrote:Still Carvin crazy after all these years. :-D
That doesn't surprise me - they make a nice axe.

I would love to ask Vicki Peterson from the Bangles what made her drop Carvin...

User avatar
ElfDude
Posts: 11084
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills
Contact:

Post by ElfDude » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 am

YYZ30 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:Still Carvin crazy after all these years. :-D
That doesn't surprise me - they make a nice axe.

I would love to ask Vicki Peterson from the Bangles what made her drop Carvin...
Heck, the whole Bangles thing got dropped! :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Image

Soup4Rush
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:17 am

Post by Soup4Rush » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:49 am

yo!!! Dont be drinking the Bangles hatarade!! :-D
Happy 2015!

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am

ElfDude wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:Still Carvin crazy after all these years. :-D
That doesn't surprise me - they make a nice axe.

I would love to ask Vicki Peterson from the Bangles what made her drop Carvin...
Heck, the whole Bangles thing got dropped! :-D
Bangles are touring - they released an EP over the winter.

User avatar
ElfDude
Posts: 11084
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:19 pm
Location: In the shadows of the everlasting hills
Contact:

Post by ElfDude » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:02 am

YYZ30 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:
ElfDude wrote:Still Carvin crazy after all these years. :-D
That doesn't surprise me - they make a nice axe.

I would love to ask Vicki Peterson from the Bangles what made her drop Carvin...
Heck, the whole Bangles thing got dropped! :-D
Bangles are touring - they released an EP over the winter.
Heh... shows you what I know! :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Image

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am

ElfDude wrote: Heh... shows you what I know! :-D
Michael Steele is no longer with the band - she's retired and now painting. They use a session bassist when out on the road - not sure about who's playing on their studio recordings though.

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:13 am

Get on it Zed! Lemme know how the rebuild goes.

Hey - anybody know if Slipknot is still making their replacement bassist
play behind a barrier?

I can understand them getting choked up about losing a bandmate, but I
think it's time to bring the new guy out and move on.

I don't see how those guys go so hard for so long at a gig....wow.

I got nothing but RESPECT for that.
Don't start none...won't be none.

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:41 am

Here's Skynyrd's "guitar army" at their finest (sorry to rip off the Outlaws' catch phrase)

There's a drummer's nugget in this for you too HB.

As you may (or may not) know, Artimus Pyle POUNDED the drums.

Check out the CHUNK missing from his left crash at the 3:06 mark.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVNKS4-xCwo&feature=related
Don't start none...won't be none.

User avatar
3 travelers
Posts: 2271
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:43 pm
Location: brooklyn, ny

Post by 3 travelers » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:11 am

Artimus effin Pyle... Nice!!!!!!
LEMME SHOW YA SUMTHIN....!!!!

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 am

CygnusX1 wrote:Hey - anybody know if Slipknot is still making their replacement bassist play behind a barrier?
That was for the 2011 tour - it's very cloudy if they are going to hire a new bass player from what I have read.

Currently demos are being made for a new album but that's all I have for info.

CygnusX1
Posts: 17310
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: We don't call 911 here.

Post by CygnusX1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

YYZ30 wrote:That was for the 2011 tour - it's very cloudy if they are going to hire a new bass player from what I have read.

Currently demos are being made for a new album but that's all I have for info.
Roger that.
Don't start none...won't be none.

Post Reply