Department of Peace?

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I thought that folks were basically decent
Conventional wisdom would say
But we read about the exceptions
In the papers every day
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

George Thoroughgood was right . . .bad to the bone!
Me

Post by Me »

Peoples preconcieved perception to a higher power and economics... big road blocks to lasting peace. Of course the planet has to be able to sustain the population too. Nevertheless I don't have the answers, just to be a nice kind caring person, that's all we can do.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

ElfDude wrote:
Me wrote: I have to assume that the people in power really don't want peace
Obviously some of them don't. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for example. He, and the leadership behind him, are engaged in trying to goad us and Israel into war. He wants to bring about the coming of the 12th Imam. That can only happen with the advent of the Islamic version of Armageddon. War is what he wants. It's not what the popultion of Iran wants, but it's what their people in power want.
From what I see on the "NEWS" one would assume this is a correct assumtion. I am hard pressed to believe half of what I hear but live by the adage of "better be safe than sorry" if I don't see it or hear it with my own eyes & ears, I just don't know and not understanding the language... I am not going to know.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

A great quote from themovie, Black Hawk Down . . .

"For you, talking is negotiating. For us, talking is empty. Killing is negotiating."