In the Army now

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

LisaBug2112

In the Army now

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Well, my first kid is gone now! :shock: :( Got shipped off to boot camp, i hope he remembers to write lol. For a while i never thought his chance of going over to the war was that great since he is only a mechanic. But i have heard he has a pretty good chance he will end up there after his 11 week training thing after the boot camp. In the beginning we worried about my lil brother, he was never actually stationed over there, but was close several times. My son may actually be over there, and i heard they are changing it from 1 yr to 2. Now my other son (12) wants to join the Navy. I know things may change with him, but it is scarry. I feel sorry for my sons best friend & his family though. He decided to go infantry in order to get the bigger bonuses. He isnt even 18 yet, he will be next friday. But someone so young wanting infantry like that, & he also took the jumper school for even more bonuses. Well i just hope they both will be ok.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Not an easy thing not knowing where he will go or if he will be in harm's way. Still, you sound like you are concerned but not freaked and that is good. Hard not to worry when you are a mom! ((((Lisa))))

Kudos to your kid, though, and his friend!
Onward and Upward!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

I am keeping the both of them in my thoughts.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

You should be proud that your son has made a selfless choice to defend the country he loves. so many kids his age, my own included, are so self absorbed that they think their freedoms will always be there and they don't understand what it took to make this country free.

Huge Kudos to your kid for his comitment to his country and to you and your husband for raising a great American and patriot.. :-)

May God bring him back to you safe and sound!

((((((LISA))))))))
Happy 2015!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Ditto to what the others have said. And...

Those kids are HEROES! *big salute*
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

DOUBLE DITTO!!!!

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

Thank you all!!! So far he still has his cell phone, he keeps texting me hehehe

I am more worried about the mental aspect of boot camp. he is & always has been a tad immature for his age. He takes everything that is said & done serious. So i will be a worry wort! But yeah i am not freaking out, part of me will enjoy it. See he has ADHD etc. & is very annoying at times lol.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

He might just surprise you. And it will definitely grow him up a bit!
Onward and Upward!
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

hell yes it will.. he will go in as a boy and come back out a man.. my neighbor's kid just got back from boot and he is completely changed.. he was always very mature, but now you can see the confidence in him.
Happy 2015!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Bootcamp knocked the shithead right out of me. But I still can go there. LOL

*Hooah* to you and yours LB.

Cell phone is prolly just in the reception station, once Boot really starts, I will be surprised if the phone is not removed.

'Sayin
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Cheers for your son and his friend Lisa, thats very noble of them.
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Thank you for your son's and his friend's service to our country Lisa.

They'll leave as kids but come back as men.

First thing you'll notice is, they'll be more respectful to you and others like
you've never imagined possible. The military WILL change their attitude.

They ship those kids to boot camp in the middle of the night on purpose,
disorienting them and making them open to suggestion and motivation.

Thus, their training starts as soon as they LEAVE HOME, whether they know it or not.

Secondly, when they come home - they'll be the last ones from the table.

I know it sounds funny, but in boot camp, we were allowed FIVE MINUTES
TO EAT as soon as we sat, finished or not, out the door and in formation.

I SWORE that when I got out, I would take my time eating, and I DO....to this day.

Don't be afraid or worried about them...I know, it's only natural to worry,
but be PROUD of them the most. They're stepping up, and if they're not careful.....
they'll LEARN A TRADE AND USE IT THEIR ENTIRE CAREER.

If I can give one piece of advice to survive boot camp, it would be:

KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, AND YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN.

They'll be in good hands Lisa. They'll make ya proud. (((((Lisa)))))
Don't start none...won't be none.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

This thread reminds me of marching band!!! :lol:
We're all mad here!
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

He has called a couple times now!!! He says "i am having a blast"!!!!!! I am like ok lol, never heard boot camp called fun before. He accidently washed his check book when washing his clothes. So i have to bring him a new one lol. By the way, anyone live in KY? we will be going there for his graduation.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

LisaBug2112 wrote:He has called a couple times now!!! He says "i am having a blast"!!!!!! I am like ok lol, never heard boot camp called fun before. He accidently washed his check book when washing his clothes. So i have to bring him a new one lol. By the way, anyone live in KY? we will be going there for his graduation.
My old singer lives outside of Louisville.
This space for rent