I am going to play drums with the Phantom.

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I'll gladly watch when get home from camping. I sure hope there are pics to see by then! :-D
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Ok so here is the night unfolding.

We left the house about 6:30 to go to a fine dinner at............Burger King. Then we headed to the venue. The INB Performing Arts center, or the Opera House to all Spokanites. We just happened to get a parking meter right across the street and avoided the $10.00 parking lot, which was right next to it.........WOOHOO!!!

So we head to "Will Call" to get our tickets and boom, there they are just like Billy said, but not 5th row center. The tickets were for 13th row left of center. Just a little farther back, but still great seats.

So we go into the OH. Billy told me to find Carl's booth..................A vendor there???? Yes, Carl's booth was right by the front doors. So we bought a program, a CD for my sister..........(She don't know we got it for her) and went to the bartender. We each had a drink, Marnie had a glass of wine and I had a Jack and coke. Then we lined up for the ticket entry and in we went.

We got to our seats with about 15 minutes before the curtain, so we looked thru the books we had to see who the names of the performers I had played the AIDS benefit with.....I couldnt remember the dang names.

So here are the names and rolles they played in the show.

DC anderson was Monsieur Andre. (He is the bald fellow in the Mr. Jefferson Lord vid Marn posted.)

Michael McCoy was Monsieur Lefevre and the firechief. (He is the dark haired guy in the Mr. Jefferson Lord vid....I also had a solo pic with him.)

Tonna Miller was Page, (and the blonde gal introduced at the end of the Mr. Jefferson Lord vid.)

Sarah Ann Lewis was The Spanish Lady. (She is the curly darkhaired gal that took the stage with Tonna, and I posted a solo pic of her also.)

Here are a few pix I already posted DC, Tonna and Sarah.

Michael and myself.

One pic I didn't post was of Greg Mills. He was in the show but only helping with the auction part. I didn't know what roll he had, just heard he was in it. Anyhow, he modled the Phantoms glove and sold his OWN t-shirt off his back. This is Greg...

Anyhow Greg Mills was Raoul (Christines fiance), and Vicomte de Chagny.

It is too hard to describe the various parts of the show, but let me tell you all...........................If Phantom comes to your town.........GO! Granted my tickets were free, but it is worth every penny. The first half ends with the chandolier crashing to the stage.

Ok, the real fun happened at intermission when I took a pic of the ornate angel and cherrubs over the center stage. Well the pic didn't take so I went for another. Then I hear...."Sir, will you please come with us, you are in voilation of copyrighted materials and we will need to secure your camera and delete pictures." I was sooooooooooooooo busted. I felt like I was being taken to the Principals office for a hacking.

Anyhow I deleted the one pic I took, and they gave me a coat check ticket to get the camera back at the end of the show.............crap, we are sapposed to meet Billy at Carls booth after the show!!!!!!!!! Good news was Carls booth and the coat check are right across the foyer from each ther. :-)

The second half of the show was spectacular. Lots of cool pyro and stuff. Ending with the Phantoms mask on an ornate chair with a single spotlight illuminating it until the lights all go out. Curtain call lasted almost 5 minutes and my hands were pretty sore. All in all a perfect evening, even with my camera foepah (sp). I sure felt dumb.

So we got the camera and was ready at Carl's booth when Billy arrived. We along with prolly 10 other people went thru the bowels of the OH. (Heh heh heh, I said bowels.) :razz: I mentioned to Marnie that I knew how Spinal Tap felt now trying to find the stage. Still cool though. we were lead thru all the costumes and then to the stage. A pic of one of Christine's dresses.

Here is Billy standing in front of the Phantoms organ. (That sounded bad) :razz:

The Chandolier from the stage looking out to the seats.

This one is hard to see but it's most of the stuff from the cemetery scene,

Here is Marn and Billy with the Elephant prop from Act one.

After that we all went to the Phantom's dressing room and he was already gone to the hotel, so Billy ended the tour, gave us hugs and said goodbye.

What a cool experience. I would do it all again in a heart beat.
This space for rent
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Very, very cool!

Thanks for sharing that with us. I have always loved live theater (re for you frenchies).

Must admit, a wee bit jealous.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Dovey is jealous, too; fell in love with The Phantom from Nightwish's cover of the theme song. She is constantly after me to get the video to watch again, and again, and again.... H is jealous and would love to go see it in her town. I wanna go...

BUT...in a way, we see what it is like to go because of the posts and pics! :-D Thanks, Bro! I hope you all get lots more cool experiences like this. You deserve it!
Onward and Upward!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

What a great night for you! I loved that play when I saw it with my wife a few years back...

If you said it, I missed it. Who was playing the phantom himself?
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Uh lemme go get the book.

Ok let's see...............

The Phantom of the Opera....Richard Todd Adams
Christine Daae....Trista Moldovan

Oh and I forgot. Billy told us that on last nights last performance, the set props that were done for the night were being loaded into the trucks directly from the stage so that when the show was over, they were almost ready to roll out. They are off to Tampa Florida for their next set of shows.
This space for rent
Orlando's LOVESLAVE

Post by Orlando's LOVESLAVE »

While Leon was taking this picture..................... I got a vibration from Billy's pocket. :shock:

His cell phone was on vibrate. :razz: :-D :razz: :-D

Pretty much, at the same time, Billy and I said "We are vibrating." :-D
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

I'm glad it wasn't a leprecahun in his pants! :-D
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

ElfDude wrote:I'm glad it wasn't a leprecahun in his pants! :-D
Who's to say it wasn't? I blame it on the phone all the time too! :-D
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Great pics, Leon! *Is a little jealous too.*
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Orlando's LOVESLAVE wrote:Image

While Leon was taking this picture..................... I got a vibration from Billy's pocket. :shock:

His cell phone was on vibrate. :razz: :-D :razz: :-D

Pretty much, at the same time, Billy and I said "We are vibrating." :-D
LOL Oh Marnie, that is too cool!
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

ElfDude wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
ElfDude wrote:
Orlando's LOVESLAVE wrote:We haven't had a chance to dl the video that I took at the gig, but here is Mr Jefferson Lord..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWw2zgIhbN0
Is that Leon we hear on the drums then?

Yep, that would be me. :-D
I asked while still listening. :) At the end I heard her (um... he? It?) say your name. :-D
Damn, can someone MP3 it to me? :? :???:
Don't start none...won't be none.
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

As long as there's a drag queen alive, Judy Garland will never die!

Oh, what fun that was, eh Leon? They are great singers and you added the cool comedic sound effects (the wood blocks things) and I wish I could'a been there. :-)
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Walkinghairball

Heh heh, yeah, Billy is a cool funny guy. Like I said it was a cool gig. Thanks all for the comments. Even all the razzies. :-D
This space for rent
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Heh heh, yeah, Billy is a cool funny guy. Like I said it was a cool gig. Thanks all for the comments. Even all the razzies. :-D
Joe Namath wants to know when you'll start wearing pantyhose. :razz: