Dr. Pepper...a FREE soda pop to every American!

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Dr. Pepper...a FREE soda pop to every American!

Post by awip2062 »

Don't cry, GUNS N' ROSES fans. The agonizing wait for the 17-years-in-the-making masterpiece "Chinese Democracy" will finally be over (fingers crossed) on November 23, 2008. Sure, there have been more rumored release dates than the 23 flavors of Dr Pepper, but if "Chinese Democracy" hits stores as announced, it's going to be so easy, easy for every American to get a free Dr Pepper as promised.

"We never thought this day would come," said Tony Jacobs, vice president of marketing for Dr Pepper. "But now that it's here, all we can say is: The Dr Pepper's on us."

Dr Pepper is ready to give out free soda coupons to every American when the album releases on November 23, 2008. If you're out to get a free Dr Pepper just follow these simple steps:

How to get your free Dr Pepper:

1. On the Nov. 23, 2008 release date, go to www.drpepper.com

2. Register your information to receive a coupon for one free 20-oz. Dr Pepper.
3. When your coupon arrives, redeem it wherever Dr Pepper is sold.
4. Drink your Dr Pepper slowly to experience all 23 flavors. Dr's orders.

Coupons will be available for 24 hours, starting at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on Nov. 23, 2008. Allow 4-6 weeks for coupon to arrive. Coupons will expire on February 28, 2009. Limit one coupon per person. Full terms and conditions available at www.drpepper.com
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Hate G&R, love Dr. Pepper! Now I'm looking forward to the release :-D
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

same here, mmmm dr pepper.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

*yawn*
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

YYZ30 wrote:*yawn*

*HI 5'S the Zedbro.*

Agreed.
This space for rent
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

That's some of the worst-smelling stuff you mortals consume.
Thunder take you!
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Walkinghairball wrote:

*HI 5'S the Zedbro.*

Agreed.

This has got to be the most non news item I have seen since Jessica Simpson thought buffalo wings were really buffalo.
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:

*HI 5'S the Zedbro.*

Agreed.

This has got to be the most non news item I have seen since Jessica Simpson thought buffalo wings were really buffalo.
They're not? :?
Happy 2015!
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I love Dr. Pepper, but forgot to get my coupon! LOL
Onward and Upward!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Raiden wrote:That's some of the worst-smelling stuff you mortals consume.
I use it to soak tarnished pennies CLEAN. :twisted:

And, you have a little over FOUR HOURS to use the coupon?

They played this one out pretty good.

I'll pass. (I even tried to register and the site is s-l-o-w.)
Don't start none...won't be none.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

YYZ30 wrote: This has got to be the most non news item I have seen since Jessica Simpson thought buffalo wings were really buffalo.
And THAT'S such a non-news item I never heard about it.
Thunder take you!
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Anybody wanna lay down a side bet that Dr. Pepper will be sponsoring the
Chinese Democracy Tour?

what a cheesefest. :roll:
Don't start none...won't be none.
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

From the way things look about here, I doubt many of us will be going.

Java anyone? *holds out pot*
Onward and Upward!
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Guns N Roses lawyer blasts Dr Pepper

11/26/2008 6:57 PM, Reuters

The lawyer for Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose has castigated Dr Pepper, accusing the soda maker of failing to deliver on its promotion to offer free soda in celebration of the band's new album, "Chinese Democracy." Guns N' Roses was never involved in the campaign.

Beverly Hills-based Alan Gutman has written to Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. president and CEO Larry Young, accusing the company of operating an online redemption scheme that was an "unmitigated disaster which defrauded customers."

Band frontman Rose did not take any action when, in March, Dr Pepper put out a press release offering free soda to any American if the long-awaited Guns N' Roses album came out before the end of 2008. However, Rose has reacted to the news that fans have been unable to get their soda since the November 23 release of "Chinese Democracy."

Gutman is demanding that Dr Pepper makes good on its offer by extending the period for the offer; he also wants full-page apologies in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal.

Gutman's letter makes clear his view that the original campaign was an "exploitation of my clients' legendary reputation and their eagerly awaited album" and "brazenly violated our clients' rights." He is also seeking an "appropriate payment ... for the unauthorized use and abuse of their publicity and intellectual property rights," with the threat of further action if an acceptable offer is not made.

"Now is the time to clean up the mess," Gutman says.

Dr Pepper's Web servers crashed under the demand for coupons that could be exchanged for free drinks. Dr Pepper extended the November 23 promotion for an extra day, but the company's Web site was inaccessible for a substantial part of it. "Dr Pepper was completely unprepared for the traffic to its site," Gutman says in the letter, describing the promotion as a "complete fiasco."

Gutman adds, "The entire point of your campaign has been to use public interest in Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses as a lure to increase consumer awareness of Dr Pepper." He further states that "mocking undertones" in the online promotional content represent a "raw and damaging commercial exploitation of our clients' rights," adding that the association is "even more damaging in light of your shoddy execution of your disingenuous giveaway offer."

The soda maker declined to comment. Dr Pepper was considering extending the promotion, according to a source close to the situation.
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Well, imho, I think this is a great idea (gross sarcasm). Hey, so what if our courts are already clogged beyond remedy. So what if there are murderers, rapists, and child molesters who are free on bail. So what if there are those on death row who are soaking up our tax dollars with appeals and high medical expenses.

G-n-R MUST be avenged!

I say we stop all other legal proceedings until this incredible abuse of public exploitation be resolved!

*walks away mumbling about how I can't believe the stupid lawsuits flying around these days*