The Prof nabs a third award!

Something to do with Rush coming up? Post it here.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Post Reply

User avatar
Walkinghairball
Posts: 25037
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Re: The Prof nabs a third award!

Post by Walkinghairball » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:19 pm


I can't open it. Dunno if the link is bunk or if it's PEBCAK!!!!!!! :roll: :-D
This space for rent

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:24 pm

Neil Peart's third consecutive victory as Drummer Of The Year in Enter Music Publishing's Drummies Awards is featured In DRUM! Magazine's August, 2009 issue.


Peart also won the Best Progressive Drummer award. Enter Music Publishing conducts The Drummies every year with voting open to anyone from February to May. This year 5,310 votes were cast in 41 drum/percussion categories ranging from Best Drummer to Best Drum Advertisement.


While Peart has successfully demonstrated his popularity in the last three Drummies, his margin of victory was less than in the last two years, according to Phil Hood, publisher and co-founder of DRUM! Magazine.


Runner-up Travis Barker gave Peart a serious run and had been the most frequent winner (three victories) prior to Peart's popularity.


Peart's Popularity is A Rush of Publicity


Peart's success, in part, results from his innovative, progressive approach to drumming, which is a hit with drummers in all demographics. Emails sent in from the Peart fan population indicate his following online and off.


According to publisher Phil Hood, "Peart's success probably stems from the resurgence of Rush's popularity over the same time period that he has won the Drummies. There's no doubt that Rush's hyperdrive back into mainstream success has propelled Peart to these victories."

User avatar
Walkinghairball
Posts: 25037
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Travis Freakin Barker?!?!?!?!?!


He can't polish Neils cymbals.

Oh yeah...........he lived and got burned in the plane crash last year, but,.......................oh yeah, he has tattoos, and is actually kind of fast, but,......................oh yeah, he used to nail Shanna Molaker. :-D


Joey Jorgenson can smoke TB with his left foot alone. Why didn't he make the list????
This space for rent

User avatar
YYZ30
Posts: 6196
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:05 am

Post by YYZ30 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Walkinghairball wrote:Travis Freakin Barker?!?!?!?!?!


He can't polish Neils cymbals.

Oh yeah...........he lived and got burned in the plane crash last year, but,.......................oh yeah, he has tattoos, and is actually kind of fast, but,......................oh yeah, he used to nail Shanna Molaker. :-D


Joey Jorgenson can smoke TB with his left foot alone. Why didn't he make the list????
Demographics- sounds to me like the demographics are skewed towards the 18-26 crowd therefore Travis Barker chalking up 3 wins.

User avatar
Walkinghairball
Posts: 25037
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:58 pm

YYZ30 wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Travis Freakin Barker?!?!?!?!?!


He can't polish Neils cymbals.

Oh yeah...........he lived and got burned in the plane crash last year, but,.......................oh yeah, he has tattoos, and is actually kind of fast, but,......................oh yeah, he used to nail Shanna Molaker. :-D


Joey Jorgenson can smoke TB with his left foot alone. Why didn't he make the list????
Demographics- sounds to me like the demographics are skewed towards the 18-26 crowd therefore Travis Barker chalking up 3 wins.

Joey still smokes TB. :-D
This space for rent

Soup4Rush
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:17 am

Post by Soup4Rush » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:34 am

what I want to know is why Hairball is not on that list???
Happy 2015!

User avatar
Walkinghairball
Posts: 25037
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:30 am

Soup4Rush wrote:what I want to know is why Hairball is not on that list???
Cuz I'm a schmoe from Slowkane Wa. :-D
This space for rent

Soup4Rush
Posts: 17557
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:17 am

Post by Soup4Rush » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:20 am

but badass on the skins my brutha!
Happy 2015!

User avatar
Walkinghairball
Posts: 25037
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:52 am

I'm just a brick in the wall, but thanks the same. :-D
This space for rent

User avatar
awip2062
Posts: 25518
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:15 am
Contact:

Post by awip2062 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:18 pm

All in all just another brick in the By-torian wall?

Post Reply