Stephen King

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

King on various authors including this twlight personer

King compared the Mormon author to JK Rowling, saying that both authors were "speaking directly to young people". "The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good," he told an interviewer from USA Weekend.

King also drew a comparison between Meyer and Perry Mason mystery writer Erle Stanley Gardner. "He was a terrible writer, too, but he was very successful," he said, going on to criticise prolific thriller author James Patterson - "a terrible writer but he's very successful" - and fellow horror author Dean Koontz, who although he "can write like hell", is sometimes "just awful".

The only mistake he has is that jk rowling is a good writer. PFFFFT
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Sir Myghin wrote:King on various authors including this twlight personer

King compared the Mormon author to JK Rowling, saying that both authors were "speaking directly to young people". "The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good," he told an interviewer from USA Weekend.

King also drew a comparison between Meyer and Perry Mason mystery writer Erle Stanley Gardner. "He was a terrible writer, too, but he was very successful," he said, going on to criticise prolific thriller author James Patterson - "a terrible writer but he's very successful" - and fellow horror author Dean Koontz, who although he "can write like hell", is sometimes "just awful".

The only mistake he has is that jk rowling is a good writer. PFFFFT
I assume that you're quoting Stephen King there. Just one more quote from him.
I don't want to sound like an ad, a public service ad on TV, but the fact is if you can read, you can walk into a job later on. If you don't, then you've got, the Army, Iraq, I don't know, something like that. It's, it's not as bright. So, that's my little commercial for that.
Now I finally understand why all you vets on this board joined the military... you bunch of illiterate slack-jawed yokels! You simply couldn't get regular jobs like the rest of us well-bred well-read elitists. You had no choice.
:roll:
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Quote:
I don't want to sound like an ad, a public service ad on TV, but the fact is if you can read, you can walk into a job later on. If you don't, then you've got, the Army, Iraq, I don't know, something like that. It's, it's not as bright. So, that's my little commercial for that.

Now I finally understand why all you vets on this board joined the military... you bunch of illiterate slack-jawed yokels! You simply couldn't get regular jobs like the rest of us well-bred well-read elitists. You had no choice. :roll:

*With my jaw as slacked as humanly possible*

Don't chew mak mee drive back yonder and hunt yew down like a dawg mistur fancy talk and e-lite.......................... :razz: :lol:

Stephen king can lick me where I poop. :x
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Holy fuck we are all so sensitive. So now let's hate Stephen King for an off-the-cuff comment that he probably said with much irony/sarcasm.

This is getting to be so retarded that it is nearly gay and bitches in kitchens will blow the Pope on Easter if we don't bring down the sinning pig-sexers that caused AIDS to slaughter my Grandma on the Sabbath while my Daddy Marine tickled my taint.

See? That's not offensive. :lol:
(((((((((((((((all'a you)))))))))))))))
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote: See? That's not offensive. :lol:
I didn't even understand it! :-D

As to King, I've heard the audio of the quote. He was dead serious. No joking lilt in the voice at all. And whatever fawning crowd he was in front of applauded. Sorry man, but I hold our military in the highest esteem. One who insults them like that loses my respect.
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Big Blue Owl wrote:Holy fuck we are all so sensitive. So now let's hate Stephen King for an off-the-cuff comment that he probably said with much irony/sarcasm.

This is getting to be so retarded that it is nearly gay and bitches in kitchens will blow the Pope on Easter if we don't bring down the sinning pig-sexers that caused AIDS to slaughter my Grandma on the Sabbath while my Daddy Marine tickled my taint.

See? That's not offensive. :lol:

Huh???????
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

Walkinghairball wrote:
Huh???????
C'mon, buddy. You know your big blue friend was just making an attempt at posting a ton of potentially offensive epithets to illustrate that words are just words, in the hope that we might all relax a bit when it comes to jokes, statements etc. I was also hoping that King's 30 years of genius wouldn't be squandered because of one statement. Like Obama and the Special Olympics. Like John Waters films. Like metal music.

But sometimes I forget that I am still very out-numbered and that is the spice that completes the recipe for failure. So I fail to get my point across and I apologize if I have actually offended anybody.

Like Elf, I hold the military in high esteem, but someone else with an opinion, whether it seems repugnant to me or not, does not automatically lose my respect, otherwise I would have lost it for many friends here and I would have been banned several times over.

Oh, and to return to topic; Do vampires read or are they "naturally" learned? And when will we see a vampire movie about someone in the military?
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

Walkinghairball wrote:Now I finally understand why all you vets on this board joined the military... you bunch of illiterate slack-jawed yokels! You simply couldn't get regular jobs like the rest of us well-bred well-read elitists. You had no choice. :roll:

***puts a size 12 GoreTex boot up Mr. King's ass so far it has to be
surgically removed***

***smashes his shittily-played guitar upside a tree for the good of the country***

***gives remains of this thread back***
Don't start none...won't be none.
Walkinghairball

C'mon, buddy. You know your big blue friend was just making an attempt at posting a ton of potentially offensive epithets to illustrate that words are just words, in the hope that we might all relax a bit when it comes to jokes, statements etc. I was also hoping that King's 30 years of genius wouldn't be squandered because of one statement. Like Obama and the Special Olympics. Like John Waters films. Like metal music.
Understood. Who am I to judge what is mean, cruel, or not proper. I bet King lost a shit ton of fans by that though.
This space for rent
Big Blue Owl

Post by Big Blue Owl »

No, I think I was wrong. You are the only one that can judge, for you and yours, what is mean, cruel, or not proper. I was just stabbing in the dark and cut myself.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Big Blue Owl wrote: I was also hoping that King's 30 years of genius wouldn't be squandered because of one statement. Like Obama and the Special Olympics. Like John Waters films. Like metal music.
Understood. I'm not dissing his skills. He's an amazingly prolific and successful writer. Nothing can take that away from him. And I am in awe of anyone with that kind of talent.

But Myg was offering King's opinions to the forum, not his works. So I offered more of King's opinions in order to add some context (and yes, because they tick me off bit *shrugs*).

And to Schu, who wants so desperately to keep this thread on topic...

Muahahahahahaaaaaaa! :razz:
schuette

Post by schuette »

now you can discuss Stephen King and his comments all you want :razz:
Walkinghairball

Understood. I'm not dissing his skills. He's an amazingly prolific and successful writer. Nothing can take that away from him. And I am in awe of anyone with that kind of talent.

Agreed.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

LOL at the subject line!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
schuette

Post by schuette »

whats wrong with it...?