Formula 1

Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, it's all here

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

Reminds me of a winter's day back in 2001...I was at work on a Sunday night when I got a phone call from a friend.

"You watch the race?"
"Yeah why?"
"Did you hear who died?"
"No."
"Dale Earnhardt"

I dropped the phone. No one around at my job understood...but my wife (God bless her) stayed up til just before I got home and taped everything she could find on all the sportschannels regarding what happened and the tributes. She went to bed and left the tape on the table, I stayed up until 2am quietly crying to myself and watching.

I undertsand Schu....I really do *hug*
Soup4Rush

Post by Soup4Rush »

^^^amen brother...amen :( RIP #3
Happy 2015!
schuette

Post by schuette »

I'm lucky that he is just retiring and that he's not racing anymore cuz of an accident.....I remember watching Silverstone 1999 when he had that bad crash that fucked up his leg for a while....he wasnt moving and then they put a blanket round the scene so no one could see....I remember watching the telly heart in mouth crying..then when he was getting stretchered away he gave a wave and then I was crying with joy :-D
when he won his first WDC with Ferrari in 2000 I was 37 weeks pregnant with Caelan...I really really had to calm myself down as I was thinking 'I'm gonna put myself in labour' :lol: ....laughing, crying and the excitement bursting out of me :-D
PV
Site Admin

Post by PV »

Sorry, Schu... I know what it's like to have your favorites leave what they do best - it really blows for a while. But Schuey will live on in you and your siggy! :cool:
I don't have faith in faith, I don't believe in belief, You can call me faithless, I still cling to hope, And I believe in love, And that's faith enough for me... Neil Peart
schuette

Post by schuette »

I will change my avi at one point but I'll never get rid of my 'Schuey the coolest' siggy :-D
CygnusX1

Post by CygnusX1 »

YYZ30 wrote:Reminds me of a winter's day back in 2001...I was at work on a Sunday night when I got a phone call from a friend.

"You watch the race?"
"Yeah why?"
"Did you hear who died?"
"No."
"Dale Earnhardt"

I dropped the phone. No one around at my job understood...but my wife (God bless her) stayed up til just before I got home and taped everything she could find on all the sportschannels regarding what happened and the tributes. She went to bed and left the tape on the table, I stayed up until 2am quietly crying to myself and watching.

hey YYZ...I was watching the pre-race befoire Earnhardt died, and he was lounging outside his hauler on a recliner...the interviewer asked Earnhardt about his chances on winning Daytona again, and he said: "Y'all are gonna see somethin' you ain't NEVER seen before."

Sure enough...we DID. Does anybody else remember seeing that? It was the creepiest thing I ever saw.

As far as Schuey goes...I'm sorry Schu (((((Schu :*MMMMMOA))))) He's gotta pass the torch luv.....we ALL do :-)
Don't start none...won't be none.
schuette

Post by schuette »

CygnusX1 wrote: As far as Schuey goes...I'm sorry Schu (((((Schu :*MMMMMOA))))) He's gotta pass the torch luv.....we ALL do :-)
I know.....but he didnt need to pass it so quickly :(
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

CygnusX1 wrote:
YYZ30 wrote:Reminds me of a winter's day back in 2001...I was at work on a Sunday night when I got a phone call from a friend.

"You watch the race?"
"Yeah why?"
"Did you hear who died?"
"No."
"Dale Earnhardt"

hey YYZ...I was watching the pre-race befoire Earnhardt died, and he was lounging outside his hauler on a recliner...the interviewer asked Earnhardt about his chances on winning Daytona again, and he said: "Y'all are gonna see somethin' you ain't NEVER seen before."

Sure enough...we DID. Does anybody else remember seeing that? It was the creepiest thing I ever saw.

As far as Schuey goes...I'm sorry Schu (((((Schu :*MMMMMOA))))) He's gotta pass the torch luv.....we ALL do :-)

No because I was in the kitchen making goodies for the race. I had invited a few people to watch but no one showed...so I ate like a King.
schuette

Post by schuette »

woooooooooooooohhhhhhooooooofuckindgwoooooooo :-D
schuette

Post by schuette »

that's Schuey got the same points as alonso now but cuz Schuey has won more races he's leading the championship :-D
schuette

Post by schuette »

and I wish someone would tell Alonso to pick his dummy up that he chucked out the pram :-D
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schuette

Post by schuette »

in American terms.......he's chucking his soother out of the buggy....I think that's what you call them.....what kids go into :lol:

and Alonso is getting much worse then any of them have ever been......although he Scottish I was really put off DC when he did it....with Alonso (cuz he's not Scottish) it's worse ;)
FerrariF1

Post by FerrariF1 »

Last edited by FerrariF1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.