Announcement: Support for Candidates Day

Open discussion about the world we live in today. Topics in here can get heated, but please keep it civil.

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Dude, my heart goes out to you. While I can?t say that I know what it feels like to be you, I can say that my immediate family is no stranger to debilitating diseases. We?ve had to face heart disease, cancer, carcoid, leukemia, Alzheimer?s and Parkinson?s to name a few (the latter is what finally took my mother in ?91 after a very long and slow demise). They are indeed painful and heartbreaking to all involved. And yes, they are bloody expensive to boot.

If you want to call me names, that?s fine. There are plenty of people who will agree with you. But I need to ask you to abstain from calling awip things like ?disgusting?. She is quite the opposite. She was not raised in what you?d call fortunate circumstances. She could very easily have claimed victim status and sat back and demanded that the world take care of her. But instead, she works very hard. She has profound convictions and honorable values. The time and energy she puts into the raising and educating of her children amazes me. They?re turning out to be wonderful kids; well prepared to become decent, upstanding, and productive members of their community, wherever it may turn out to be. She?s the mom that every kid in this world ought to have. I probably deserve all of the name-calling you can muster. But awip, despite the differences of political opinion you two may have, deserves a medal, if not simple respect.
Aren't you the guy who hit me in the eye?
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

Hey Elf dude, you forgot she makes kick ass fry bread...............Just trying to lighten it up a bit, sorry.
This space for rent
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Walkinghairball wrote:Hey Elf dude, you forgot she makes kick ass fry bread...
Y'know, I've heard that but I've never had the chance to sample it. :)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Augie wrote:I generally know the circumstances that Awip was raised under. You shouldn't compare me to Awip or any other healthy, able-bodied human being. There is a difference between a healthy person claiming victim status and a seriously disabled person doing so.
Oh heck... that kind of comparison wasn't my intention. I'm really sorry if it came out that way. Your health situation is catastrophic, I know that. I am in no way putting you down for taking whatever help you can get from Uncle Sam.

If I was comparing awip to anyone, it would simply be to a stereotype. We all know them. People who are able-bodied but for some reason or another think they are above having to work and find some excuse to claim victim status, and thus demand that they be taken care of. With the childhood she had, it would have been very easy for awip to choose that path... but she didn't. She chose a path that is a lot more difficult, but is also honorable. She's earned all of our respect.

A lot people in this forum have earned my respect, even several with whom I disagree on a lot of things. I don't want to see them being called names gratuitously. (Yeah, I've had my moments of stupidity in here... hopefully the apologies I made for them have been accepted)
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

wow,how sickening indeed. to need to resort to name calling, very primal nature there. As for Awip and Elfdude, these are great people, awip is a very strong personality and an amazing person, mother of many and her kids ( had the liberty of speakign with a few) are very polite and great. She is doing a great job, far from any disgusting person, as for faith, she has helped me a great deal and i am gracious. Efldude i unfortunately haven't had the ability to speak with often enough, but to raise a family with 1 parent is an extremely great toll and i respect that highly.

I live in canada, we do not have healthcare like that here, perscription drugs come out of our pocket too, unless of course you pay into a health plan which only good jobs yeild but costs a considerable amount each year in itself. Thats the way the capitalist system works, go live in a happy go lucky altruist society were everyones needs are satisfied and their wants unimportant, you might enjoy it. the extent of our healthcare is physician appointments and checkups, xrays, and casting and such, yes thats alot but it does not cover the drugs under any circumstance.
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

Thank you for the kind words, Sir M.

I should point out that you and I have had our differences too. Despite that, I still think you're a great kid. You seem to put up with me pretty well too. :)
by-tor

Post by by-tor »

There is no Constitution on this message board. There is only one rule. Disagree if you must, but you will not be allowed to make your disagreements personal. I cannot be any more clear than this.

<a href="http://www.by-tor.com/temp_forums/viewt ... t=143">The One Rule</a>
Don't tell me about rock and roll I'm out there in the clubs and on the streets and I'm living it! I am rock and roll!
*Lifesonite
Location: Flowing Through The Universe, In A Paisley Shirt... Man.

Post by *Lifesonite »

Yes, but we won't overthrow the country. They try to keep the masses happy.
I remember watching in amazement as Geddy sang, played bass, and played the keyboards with his feet. I thought, "Who is this guy???"
-- IFALT
Aerosmitten

Post by Aerosmitten »

*Lifesonite wrote:Yes, but we won't overthrow the country. They try to keep the masses happy.
I am a wooden Indian standing silent in the rain
Swear by my Grandfather's Father we gonna rise again!
ElfDude

Post by ElfDude »

by-tor wrote:There is no Constitution on this message board. There is only one rule. Disagree if you must, but you will not be allowed to make your disagreements personal. I cannot be any more clear than this.

<a href="http://www.by-tor.com/temp_forums/viewt ... t=143">The One Rule</a>
Dang, that sounded like a first warning...