Recipes

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kares4Rush wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:
Kares4Rush wrote:That's tempting! If I could get a super-cheapo flight and a coupla days off... :shock:
Call Shatner, he can get cheap tickets. :-D
BAH!!! Good one!!! :razz:

But, oooh, but, oh would he hold his hand over my mouse and click like he does on TV, while whispering in my ear? :roll: :twisted:
:puke right: Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Onward and Upward!
Mr. Potatoe Head

Post by Mr. Potatoe Head »

http://www.potatoland.org/

click on P-soup

have fun, not my web site
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

We had the sweet and sour meatball recipe this last weekend. The one with chilli sauce and grape jelly.

they were the only thing all gone at the party. :-D :D :-D :D :-D :D
This space for rent
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Ribs are good with that kind of sauce too.
You can make a sauce for ribs with ketchup, chili powder
brown sugar and Colemans dry mustard.

The dry mustard and the brown sugar are the ingredients that give it the sweet and sour taste.
If you don't have brown sugar,
strawberry or grape jelly will do fine.

Boil the ribs for 30 minutes to melt away the fat.
Remove from water, let drain.

Make the sauce, not too thin, not too thick.
Whisk together:
1 Bottle of Ketchup
1 Tsp Chili Powder
6 Tblsp. Brown Sugar
6 Tblsp Colemans Dry Mustard Powder
Water to thin sauce if needed.

Place ribs in roasting pan and cover completely with the sauce.
Bake in 325 F oven for 3 hours.
Check every 30 minutes and add a small amount
of water to the bottom of the pan so it doesn't get too dry.

The meat will fall off the bones and melt in your mouth when done.
I had the opportunity to cook moose ribs like this once, they were super.

Mmmmmmmmmm

:book: :blob4: :book:
Sound verbalized tones touch textured feel scent wafted aroma see visualize observe sing dance live
Me

Post by Me »

The garden is in and with Cinco-de-mayo tomorrow I thought I'd share this recipe that I lifted from AOL. I will come up with some creative dishes this summer and fall using ingredients from my garden and fishing trip the end of this month, hoping I catch some fish that is?

***HUGS***

Pico de Gallo

Ingredients
2 ripe medium tomatoes (about 12 ounces)
1/4 cup cup finely chopped white onion, or to taste
12 large fresh cilantro sprigs, thick stems removed, remaining stems removed, remaining stems and leaves finely chopped (about ? cup)
1 medium jalape?o or small Serrano, finely chopped (about 1? tablespoons), or to taste
Juice of 1 lime, or to taste
1 tsp olive oil (optional)

Cooking Instructions
Core the tomatoes and cut them in half. Gentle squeeze out most of the seeds, and cut the tomatoes into ?-inch (no longer) dice. Toss the diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and jalapeno together in a mixing bowl. Add the salt and lime juice, then stir in oil, if using. Let sit for a few minutes. The salsa can be made and kept at room temperature for up to 4 hours ? no longer ? before serving. Stir and taste again before serving.
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

Wendy wrote:Ribs are good with that kind of sauce too.
You can make a sauce for ribs with ketchup, chili powder
brown sugar and Colemans dry mustard.

The dry mustard and the brown sugar are the ingredients that give it the sweet and sour taste.
If you don't have brown sugar,
strawberry or grape jelly will do fine.

Boil the ribs for 30 minutes to melt away the fat.
Remove from water, let drain.

Make the sauce, not too thin, not too thick.
Whisk together:
1 Bottle of Ketchup
1 Tsp Chili Powder
6 Tblsp. Brown Sugar
6 Tblsp Colemans Dry Mustard Powder
Water to thin sauce if needed.

Place ribs in roasting pan and cover completely with the sauce.
Bake in 325 F oven for 3 hours.
Check every 30 minutes and add a small amount
of water to the bottom of the pan so it doesn't get too dry.

The meat will fall off the bones and melt in your mouth when done.
I had the opportunity to cook moose ribs like this once, they were super.

Mmmmmmmmmm

:book: :blob4: :book:
Going to have to give that a go this summer :D Thanks, Wendy! :-D
When evil is allowed to compete with good, evil has an emotional populist appeal that wins out unless good men & women stand as a vanguard against abuse.
Me

Post by Me »

Here's another one

Guacamole

Ingredients
1 Hass avocado
3 Tbsp chopped onions
1 tsp chopped seeded jalape?o chile
1 1/2 tsp chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp chopped tomato (discard juice & seeds)
Salt
Cooking Instructions
In a bowl using the back of a wooden spoon thoroughly mash the following ingredients into a juicy paste (using salt as a grinder): 1 T chopped onions ? tsp chopped jalape?os ? tsp chopped cilantro ? tsp salt

Holding the avocado in the cup of your hand split the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the seed. Slice the avocado lengthwise in approx. 1/8? strips; then slice across forming a grid. Scoop the avocado out of the skin with a spoon. Repeat with other half of avocado.

Add the avocado to the paste and thoroughly mix together. We mix the ingredients rather than mash them; this leaves the guacamole chunky and somewhat firm not mushy. Then add the rest of the ingredients and fold them together gently. Add jalape?o chiles and salt to taste.

Serve with fresh corn tortillas and/or chips.
Me

Post by Me »

^^^^^See above for more^^^^^^

And to wash it all down and be happy

The Traditional Margarita

Ingredients
1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
3/4 ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
1 Tbsp superfine sugar
A lime wedge
Cooking Instructions
Prepare a salt-rimmed glass if you like; a 10 ounce glass if serving on the rocks, a 6-ounce cocktail glass if serving up.

Put 6 ice cubes in a tall cocktail shaker. Pour the remaining ingredients (except the lime wedge) into the shaker and shake vigorously. Pour, ice and all, into the larger glass or strain into the smaller glass. Garnish with lime wedge.

***HUGS***
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

That Guacamole recipe looks really tasty! I am gonna have to try that when the avacados are in season.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

They both look tasty! Except I HATE CILANTRO!!! Can't even have it touch my tongue without getting a violent reaction.

WHY IS IT IN EVERY FRIGGIN RECIPE FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS!!!! UGH...UGH...UGH

VILE DESIGNER WEED!!! :puke:

http://ihatecilantro.com/ :-D

Freeze this moment a little bit longer...
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

Here's a British comfort food recipe with a Cinco de Mayo twist!

Cheddar Welsh Rarebit (Fondue)
1-1/2 tsp. butter
1 lb. Ilchester? Cheddar Cheese with Garlic and Ale, cut into 1/4" cubes
2 tsp. minced onion
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup peeled, seeded Anaheim chili, finely minced
1/2 cup Dos Equis? beer
Pinch of dry mustard
Pinch of salt
Tortilla chips

In a double boiler, melt butter and cheese, stirring constantly. Add onion, Worcestershire, green chili, beer, dry mustard and salt. Stir until smooth and desired thickness. Serve in a fondue pot or double boiler with chips. Makes 6 servings.

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

Kares4Rush wrote:They both look tasty! Except I HATE CILANTRO!!! Can't even have it touch my tongue without getting a violent reaction.

LOL How we differ on this board from one to another, eh? I LOVE cilantro! The Mexican Parsley, that's what it is, and a most excellent feature in herb beds.

But, if you were coming over, Kares, I'd forgo the cilantro. You rock, it's just a weed.
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

awip2062 wrote:
Kares4Rush wrote:They both look tasty! Except I HATE CILANTRO!!! Can't even have it touch my tongue without getting a violent reaction.

LOL How we differ on this board from one to another, eh? I LOVE cilantro! The Mexican Parsley, that's what it is, and a most excellent feature in herb beds.

But, if you were coming over, Kares, I'd forgo the cilantro. You rock, it's just a weed.
Wow! :shock: A sign of a true friend. :-D I'm not kidding. Oy the trepidation whenever I go to a restaurant that they don't sneak it in a salad or soup or whatver.

At Mexican restaurants I have to tell the waiter each time...NO CILANTRO!!!! About 1/2 the time it works and the rest of the time a beautiful meal is wasted that was touched only once. :( I went to Mexican restaurants ALL the time growing up and they didn't put that vile sneaky parsley in the food! Why'zit in EVERYTHING now?

Oh and I appreciate that you love cilantro, t. My sister does too. I wish I did. I'd be a happier, more relaxed person. :roll:

Whenever we have "gross out" sessions to make a point she will use cilantro as an example and I will use her bugaboo (which I love) mayonnaise.

"It's was SO gross!!!" "It was like forcing you to eat an entire bowl of cilantro!" :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted:

awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

LOL Sounds like you two have a good relationship.

BTW...I keep mayo (the real stuff not that vile fake gel) in my fridge all the time, and there should be a backup in the pantry just in case as well!
Onward and Upward!
Kares4Rush

Post by Kares4Rush »

awip2062 wrote:LOL Sounds like you two have a good relationship.

BTW...I keep mayo (the real stuff not that vile fake gel) in my fridge all the time, and there should be a backup in the pantry just in case as well!
Whoa! Gettin' hungry!! :-D