My Legs are outgrowing my pants...

Day to day life of the Rush fans

Moderator: Priests of Syrinx

Sir Myghin

My Legs are outgrowing my pants...

Post by Sir Myghin »

Seriously

I hate trying on clothes when shopping, hate it, very much so. So I went and bought some jeans round fathers day,good sales and such on manly clothes, so far 2/3 pairs I bought and wore are 50/50 fit. I bought the baggiest damned jeans I can find and still nothing. My waist is less than 34 (wear that size quite comfortably) and inseam in 32, generally as the larger waists get longer inseams, but the problem lies in my thighs, they are getting too large for jeans. This is seriously angering me, where the hell can I get comfortable pants without needing a belt 24/7!
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Dude, I feel your pain.

I have a 33 waist, but I also have larger thighs. The only hope I have found is in the "ralaxed fit" style jeans. Much more leg room.

Geez!!! I sound like a girl talking about clothes like this!!!

*runs around doing manly things, farting, spitting, and scratching in public*

There, that's better.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

zepboy wrote:Dude, I feel your pain.

I have a 33 waist, but I also have larger thighs. The only hope I have found is in the "ralaxed fit" style jeans. Much more leg room.

Geez!!! I sound like a girl talking about clothes like this!!!

*runs around doing manly things, farting, spitting, and scratching in public*

There, that's better.
The problem being as stated the relaxed fit isn't cutting it, but its going to get worse as I continue to train. Squats are not only painful but also expensive on pants... I will learn to sew, split the seems and add a few inches of fabric if it comes to it.
zepboy

Post by zepboy »

Find a good tailor. In the long run, it'll save many a headache.
YYZ30

Post by YYZ30 »

zepboy nailed it on the head- a good tailor will go a long way.
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

That sounds tricky but I shall look into it. Thanks guys
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

Post by Walkinghairball »

A guy I worked with years ago had the same problem as you Myg. His mom opened up the crotch to knee of his inseam and added material there.

He had all the leg room he needed without adding to the waist.

A belt is not that costly, why the issue there?
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:A guy I worked with years ago had the same problem as you Myg. His mom opened up the crotch to knee of his inseam and added material there.

He had all the leg room he needed without adding to the waist.

A belt is not that costly, why the issue there?
I have a belt, when wearing bigger pants with a belt you get all kinds of ins/outs in the waist as the fabrice has to bunch to tighten and such, and I find that can be very uncomfortable.
LisaBug2112

Post by LisaBug2112 »

I have issues finding things for my daughter. I know she is not a guy, but i kinda know whats up. For pants her waist is so skinny, & has very long legs. Regulars are too big slim too tight, only way to get them all long enough in the leg is to get them too big. Well she does not like pants much, she is a skirt & dress girl mostly. But even then i have troubles, the length of them need to be around the knees. Yes that is my rule! But in order for that to happen the dress or skirt is too big for her waist. So yes i feel the pain.

Even for my 12 yr old son, he has short legs, & about a 30 inch waist. So he drags his pants everywhere. Hubby has a little trouble, he has long legs as well. Perfect inseem would be 33, but kinda rare to find. 34 a little too long, 32 too short. It is hard i tell ya, specially since i am the one who does all the shopping.
"Like a flower in the desert that only blooms at night i will quietly resist I dont have faith in faith i dont believe in beliefs you can call me faithless i still kling to hope & i believe in love and thats faith enough for me."
Walkinghairball
Location: In a rock an roll venue near you....as long as you are in the Pacific Northwest.

LisaBug2112 wrote:I have issues finding things for my daughter. I know she is not a guy, but i kinda know whats up. For pants her waist is so skinny, & has very long legs. Regulars are too big slim too tight, only way to get them all long enough in the leg is to get them too big.

We have this exact thing with Scoot also.
This space for rent
awip2062

Post by awip2062 »

I've just gotten used to clothes not fitting quite right. So much of what I wear comes from hand-me-downs, I don't really worry about it, because at least I'm not paying for it. hehe

I just want to see the shrink-to-fit 501s come back. At least they would mold to what you were and the denim was some of the nicest feeling denim made.
Onward and Upward!
Walkinghairball

Actually Myg just stop trying to Conan your legs and problem solved.
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:Actually Myg just stop trying to Conan your legs and problem solved.
NOOOO (RUUUUN , GEET TO THE CHOPPAAAA)

I'd rather not, asside from the pain 2 days afterward it is quite enjoyable. There is appeal to being a big block of muscle. (within reason ofcourse)
Walkinghairball

Sir Myghin wrote:
Walkinghairball wrote:Actually Myg just stop trying to Conan your legs and problem solved.
NOOOO (RUUUUN , GEET TO THE CHOPPAAAA)

I'd rather not, asside from the pain 2 days afterward it is quite enjoyable. There is appeal to being a big block of muscle. (within reason ofcourse)

Just don't get so big you need help wiping yer butt.

Oh have you researched spandex????
This space for rent
Sir Myghin

Post by Sir Myghin »

Walkinghairball wrote:
Just don't get so big you need help wiping yer butt.

Oh have you researched spandex????
:-D

and NO! (please don't let the 80's cp,e back the nightmares just stopped)